Can I make my PC think the USB drive is an A drive? needed for hw assignment
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.

Can I make my PC think the USB drive is an A drive? needed for hw assignment

I have this cd-rom program that I have to use for a class and it can only save to an A drive, how can I make my USB flash drive act as an A drive? My brand new pc didnt come with an A drive, just a dvd burner and a dvd-rom drive. Thanks

Re: Can I make my PC think the USB drive is an A drive? needed for hw assignment (All_Texan)

My brother had that same problem with some crappy software for a class. He just used a lab computer one day after class since he knew it would take less time to do that than to figure out a solution.

I don't know if Windows will let you, but if you right click My Computer and click Manage and then in the left column click Drive Management and then in the right column, right click the USB drive and choose Change Drive Letter, can you change it to A? That might not be allowed since A is usually reserved for the floppy drive.

Re: Can I make my PC think the USB drive is an A drive? needed for hw assignment (ChrisMD)

i would GUESS that it wouldnt let you.....but give that a shot anyway

start -> control panel -> administrative tools -> computer managemnet -> storage -> disk management
      Right click on usb drive and choose "change drive letters and paths"

some1 told me that and it worked, thx neways guys.

Re: (All_Texan)

wow it works....sweet