but i think i have contracted
P O R S C H E M A D N E S S!
anybody else here got it yet?

feels good http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

See less See more
#102 ·
Re: (sweatyworker)

Quote, originally posted by sweatyworker »
What used to run at the pointy end of the the production car series? I remember it had those distinct intakes built into the rear tail and Falken? sponsorship.

That would be the RSCS. Was a sort of Oz special edition model that would race alongside the Oz special edition E36 M3R.

#107 ·
Re: (aussie jimmy)

Quote, originally posted by aussie jimmy »
the 997 turbo wasn't as fast as i thought it would be, but then again it could have been the driver. i spoke to him afterwards; he was pretty happy with how he was going.
nick,
how did the exige fair against the weissach technicolour monsters?

Was that the 'PUBBOY' Turbo/ Coffee cruiser?
Exige went well, its an ex-trophy series car with the works done to it. I can easily hold them on the corners and even make ground, but once the straights appear.....say goodbye! I could hold them off abit longer in circuit racing but at a BDD:(. I did have fuel/ oil (TBD) surge problem at turn 2 in the afternoon.
I really only had trouble from the GT3RS cars on the day and Peter Cheung in his 996 Turbo race car. Never was passed by a standert GT3 from memory.
Ive got a Lotus Sport Supercharger kit sitting in my workshop but Im entering Bathurst 12Hr next year so cant put it on due to regs. Brstardos!. It would make the world of difference but alas!

#109 ·
Re: (Enzothemaddog)

Quote, originally posted by Enzothemaddog »

Ive got a Lotus Sport Supercharger kit sitting in my workshop but Im entering Bathurst 12Hr next year so cant put it on due to regs. Brstardos!. It would make the world of difference but alas!

I thought you had already retro-fitted a s/c kit on you car?

#110 ·
Re: (Enzothemaddog)

yeah was that turbo.
i was reading " turbo" up close and personal for five laps at least.
never got overtaken though by anything - had to highbeam that vantage after a couple of laps, he mustn't have been at the meeting or something.......

next time into the intermediates though.....
that silver rs was going pretty hard....... and warren's stradale.. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
what colour was the turbo 996?
there was a yellow one doing ok, and there was a silver 996gt3 that was going good as well...

Modified by aussie jimmy at 3:24 AM 8-24-2007

#111 ·
Re: (Gumbi)

Quote, originally posted by Gumbi »

I thought you had already retro-fitted a s/c kit on you car?

The rear Clam was off, gearbox removed and then got a call from higher powers to drop tools....

I'll fit it after Feb 11th 2008. Was able to fit the massive AP brakes, Forged rims, upgraded Clutch kit, Fire bomb and Recaro though. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
All I have to do now is install a 100L fuel tank with dry break to be ready.

#112 ·

Quote, originally posted by aussie jimmy »
yeah was that turbo.
i was reading " turbo" up close and personal for five laps at least.
never got overtaken though by anything - had to highbeam that vantage after a couple of laps, he mustn't have been at the meeting or something.......

next time into the intermediates though.....
that silver rs was going pretty hard....... and warren's stradale.. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
what colour was the turbo 996?
there was a yellow one doing ok, and there was a silver 996gt3 that was going good as well...

Modified by aussie jimmy at 3:24 AM 8-24-2007

Was the yellow turbo. Ive done alot of track days with him and he's a very good driver imo.

#113 ·
Re: (TMK-001)

Hi my name is Ian and I'm a poor Porsche freak.
I've actually got both the 911 30th AND 40th aniversary issues of Christoforus, bite me on the spelling, in my collection. Not to mention Cayenne release video and 2 copies of the hard cover brochure, one of which is a spoil. I actually had 2 copies of the 30th anivesary magazine but I donated the spare to Gulson's Porsche
My Porsche garage:
Cayenne S with air suspension, off road equipment and just about everything else. In Minerva blue. For Heather to carry the kids

356 Carrera, enough said.
1973 911E Targa Sportmatic, in green.
3.3 930 in Black with black recaros on gold BBS cross spokes.
White 934.

#114 ·
Re: (irsa76)

Quote, originally posted by irsa76 »
Hi my name is Ian and I'm a poor Porsche freak.
I've actually got both the 911 30th AND 40th aniversary issues of Christoforus, bite me on the spelling, in my collection. Not to mention Cayenne release video and 2 copies of the hard cover brochure, one of which is a spoil. I actually had 2 copies of the 30th anivesary magazine but I donated the spare to Gulson's Porsche
My Porsche garage:
Cayenne S with air suspension, off road equipment and just about everything else. In Minerva blue. For Heather to carry the kids

356 Carrera, enough said.
1973 911E Targa Sportmatic, in green.
3.3 930 in Black with black recaros on gold BBS cross spokes.
White 934.

You poor lad, you are addicted
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#118 ·

Just remembered a story dad told me a while ago. He worked for Gulsons and Porsche had sent a couple of cars up for the club charity ride day, including the blue Cayenne S just before the launch. Jim Richards was there with one of his race cars, dad can't remember which one beyond it was VERY quick. Some how dad got a ride with Jim around the Sutton driver training track. He reckoned he nearly had a heart attack. Not because he was scared, but because the speed and G forces they generated! Apparently the only reason why Jim had to leave was he had other commitments elsewhere. From all accounts a really top bloke.

#122 ·
Re: (WAY)

this little baby in our workshop:

Was joined by our latest APR development car on Friday:

Picked her up on Friday - raining, Saturday - raining - Sunday - Fine!
Took her for a good loop up Mt Cootha, then Mt Mee, Then back over Mt Glorious & then Mt Nebo - got nearly 300km's on her before she hit the dyno this morning.
So far I am very, very impressed with the balance & handling http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#126 ·
Re: (aussie audi guy)

Quote, originally posted by aussie audi guy »

So what can you do for me?. I have one of these.
Spotted: Me checking out one of the old girls birthday presents today. Its funny how a quote for paint goes from $8K to $12k overnight!

Just waiting on the new rubbers for the windscreen and rear window, then were cooking with gas baby!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.