MWerks Show Coverage- BMWs at Carlisle
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    Links back to The Car Lounge (opens in same window)

MWerks Show Coverage- BMWs at Carlisle

The Carlisle Import and Kit/Replicar Nationals is pretty much unlike any other car show you might attend. It's not held on a prestigious racetrack or a swank golf course, but on the fairgrounds outside a Pennsylvania college town. As its rather awkward name suggests, any non-domestic brand is welcome, though that rule is even fairly flexible given the inordinate number of Fieros that attend every year.

While Carlisle attracts a strange melange of enthusiasts from all makes, it continues to fight for its place of prominence amongst BMW owners. The days of a heavily organized presence by active local 2002 owners are gone, and the mix of cars is down accordingly. It perhaps didn't help that a rescheduled Potomac Deutsche Marque Concours in Virginia conflicted with Carlisle this year. We went to that show as well, and found that it had more wow-factor BMWs than Carlisle.

The field may have been thin, but that made it no less significant. Notable participants included a 2002 tii, a 2002 rally car, an E28 M5, several M Coupes and even newer models like the 135i we brought and a 335i or two. GALLERY

Re: MWerks Show Coverage- BMWs at Carlisle (Bryan@mwerks)

That's hot... but then again I think all E24s are hot.