MWerks Project 135i: Deconstruction and Wrapup
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge

MWerks Project 135i: Deconstruction and Wrapup

It's been a couple months now since our long-term 135i departed, and while we love the 335d that showed up to replace it, we have to admit we're already feeling a bit lost without the little coupe. In fact, the passing of time has allowed us to clear our heads and reflect accurately on our year with the car. So here are some observations on the 135i...FULL ARTICLE AND GALLERY
      (There's also a timelapse sequence in the article that shows how it went from modded back to stock before its return to BMW)

Re: MWerks Project 135i: Deconstruction and Wrapup (Bryan@mwerks)

I like my Volvo coming and going as it pleases in the back of the time lapse.
      kilometermagazine.com -- swedespeed.com -- vwvortex.com --mwerks.com -- fourtitude.com -- turbonines.com

Re: MWerks Project 135i: Deconstruction and Wrapup (Bryan@mwerks)

Sitting in that car as a passenger was quite fun indeed. That car is going to be missed. [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      liiliilillillilililiil
      Donatello - Team Post-Killing Ninja
      I have a pet ▀□ Thupercharger □▀

Theres something about VMG articles that tent to make them seem like they were written by fanboys. This quote in particular:
      Quote »
      Although magazines across the world insist on pairing it with everything from Mustangs to 370Zs to Hyundai Genesises (or would those be Geneses?), the consensus is often that the 135i is in a class by itself when everything is considered. To us, that's worth something.

It sounds like, "We really liked the 135i, but didn't want to use objective testing."

Re: (Ben010783)

Quote, originally posted by Ben010783 »
      It sounds like, "We really liked the 135i, but didn't want to use objective testing."

That statement makes perfect sense if you've ever spent any time with the car.

FV-QR

I saw that car both when the motive guys brought it down to L.A. after first picking it up, and last winter in Chicago. With all the goodies installed, I flat out drooled over that thing. Do want.
      But I watched that time lapse stuff too many times trying to play spot-the-mods. Gallery with direct before/after pics please?
      - A bunch of old, tough, unbreakable German iron
      - One temperamental, stubborn, fragile Italian thing
      - One Swedish memoriam

Quote, originally posted by Ben010783 »
      Theres something about VMG articles that tent to make them seem like they were written by fanboys. This quote in particular:

Actually, I'm a huge fan of each of the cars listed in that quote. Honestly, the Genesis is in a class of its own as well, as is the 370Z. With the Mustang, you can get a similar experience in a Camaro or Challenger. The Genesis coupe, the 370Z, and the 1-series are all three of the most unique driving experiences one can get for under $35k.I am a fanboy, a fanboy of wonderful cars. The 135i is one of them, but it isn't the only one.
      kilometermagazine.com -- swedespeed.com -- vwvortex.com --mwerks.com -- fourtitude.com -- turbonines.com

good read, thanks for sharing.

I for one think it shouldn't be compared with the mustangs, 370Zs, and genesisisisisis. It is an compact luxury 2-door sedan. There are no other real competitors in base 128i price range in the USA unless you want to include a C30 or A3 or Eos but they aren't true competitors. Doesn't mean it's so great it has no peers, just means there is no true competition in its class. Although a 135i is the same price as a G37.

Modified by GTRaavv at 10:43 PM 5-25-2009

Modified by GTRaavv at 10:44 PM 5-25-2009

Re: (GTRaavv)

I'm really not a dash stroker, but damn this looks ****ing awesome:

looks like a mazda6 interior with alcantara.

Re: (bani)

Quote, originally posted by bani »
      looks like a mazda6 interior with alcantara.

Really?

I'm not a huge fan of BMW interiors. For the price, they've always felt cheap for me until you move to the 7 series level.

Re: (BTM)

Quote, originally posted by BTM »
      Really?

my mistake. the mazda6's interior is nicer.
      if you want nice german interior, you go mercedes or audi.

Re: (bani)

I like the alcantara a lot.
      My biggest grip about the new BMW interiors is the design. Looking at them gives me the same creepy feeling as putting on a rubber medical glove with the powder.

bulls**t if that is a RPM meter/gauge on the top of the steering wheel Enzo style....