80's boxed arch icons: integrale, rallye golf, ur coupe quattro & e30 m3 - Page 2
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge
    Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: (NoDubJustYet)

Quote, originally posted by NoDubJustYet »
      You're trying to tell me that a good example of a Rallye costs the same as a nice E30 M3?
      I can get a nice Rallye for around 6.000 Euro or less; the M3 is going to be at least 13.500 Euro for one that hasn't been raped.

you have to remember the Golf Rallye didn't come to the U.S.
      Quote Originally Posted by Amsterdam087 View Post
      its not your car...

How much are federalized versions of the Rallye going for?

You're trying to tell me that a good example of a Rallye costs the same as a nice E30 M3?
      I can get a nice Rallye for around 6.000 Euro or less; the M3 is going to be at least 13.500 Euro for one that hasn't been raped.

I haven't seen a Rallye sold for less asking price than $15,000. That's territory for a pretty clean M3.
      GLi : M3 : CX5
      OSD#2

Re: 80's boxed arch icons: integrale, rallye golf, ur coupe quattro & e30 m3 (andlf)

best thread ever. if i could have two cars from the 80's they'd be the audi gt coupe and the e30 m3. mmmmmmmm

Re: 80's boxed arch icons: integrale, rallye golf, ur coupe quattro & e30 m3 (andlf)

oh my i want that quattro

It would have been less than 30,000pounds to own all 4 of those.
      Best article yet?
      Thanks andlf [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      Demokratikally Elekted Director of Espionage and Identity Theft and Minister of post-progressive-technical-melodic-avant-garde-metal for the Independent People's Republik of Offtopikstan
      My 16v Swap thread
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist View Post
      Oh mellberg is cool, but his car certainly isn't helping that happen.

Re: (danny_16v)

Quote, originally posted by danny_16v »
      I haven't seen a Rallye sold for less asking price than $15,000. That's territory for a pretty clean M3.

Good to know... that makes my decision that much easier. I could probably make a decent bit of money on one when/if I decide to bring it to the US.

Re: 80's boxed arch icons: integrale, rallye golf, ur coupe quattro & e30 m3 (mellbergVWfan)

Having driven 3 of the 4 cars...they are all unique and special in their own way.
      Shame we never got the 20v version of the urQuattro in the US...also a shame we never got the Rallye Golf. It would have been far too pricey in a world of $28k Corrados, but it truly is a special car. Amazing what VW was able to do with the humble Mk2 chassis. The Rallye wasn't quick in stock form, though--take the Corrado G60 and add weight + AWD driveline frictional losses and you get a relatively sedate car in stock form. Once modified, though--it's quite special.

Re: (patrikman)

Quote, originally posted by patrikman »

X3
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Madness
      Back when making your car faster and better handling was the big thing.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tavarish
      The car's best safety feature includes ejecting you in the moment of impact and wishing you the best of luck.

FV-QR

Great write up!! All of them are really cool. E30 M is one of my favorite BMWs, I want to pick one up someday. The Quattro is another reason I really want Turbo 5 power + quattro!! That Rallye is my fav older looking VW, mk2 chassis is quite cool. The Delta is definitely my fav Lancia. its just really cool.
      I would totally want to cruise and haul ass in all of these!!

Re: (Mtl-Marc)

Do want
      New Vortex isn't so bad

Re: (Aetsh)

[IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emlove.gif[/IMG]
      PM Travy℠ |flickr | mikegilbertphotography.com | Everything you need to know | » | Scratch-It™ | Vimeo
      Quote Originally Posted by emmettlodge View Post
      Great, a Chevy Lumina thread. Now I'm going to have an erection lasting more than four hours.
      #FREEPATRICKMAN

Re: 80's boxed arch icons: integrale, rallye golf, ur coupe quattro & e30 m3 (wunde)

Quote, originally posted by wunde »
      Awesome cars! It's my wish list in one article.

yes! one day I WILL have one of each.

Re: 80's boxed arch icons: integrale, rallye golf, ur coupe quattro & e30 m3 (Jetta2NR)

Believe it or not the M3 is the easiest to DD now IMO. Extremely reliable and lack of drama, decent fuel mileage, great parts availability and upgrade support. Plus it'll pull every car nut out of a crowd guaranteed - any of these would do that though.

Good to know... that makes my decision that much easier. I could probably make a decent bit of money on one when/if I decide to bring it to the US.

To answer your question concerning federalization it is going to depend a bit upon where the car is registered. My Tristar which has the same level of inspection necessary for federalization is about a $2-4k proposition for the overall safety inspection and the emissions inspection requirements varies by state.
      If you are in Arizona you need to be able to reach the level of air-quality of a similar vehicle by the same manufacturer (Rallye Golf is equal to an 8V GTi of the same vintage; Tristar is equivalent to a Vanagon of the same time frame) regardless of the engine or fuel management.
      Obviously Kalifornia is a different beast but I won't go there. The typical surcharge for emissions testing in that state can range from $1-3k depending upon what needs to be done.

Re: (patrikman)

Quote, originally posted by patrikman »
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Asking OT for relationship advice makes about as much sense as asking TCL what car to buy.

Re: (Paul@VWvortex)

Quote, originally posted by Paul@VWvortex »
      To answer your question concerning federalization it is going to depend a bit upon where the car is registered. My Tristar which has the same level of inspection necessary for federalization is about a $2-4k proposition for the overall safety inspection and the emissions inspection requirements varies by state.
      If you are in Arizona you need to be able to reach the level of air-quality of a similar vehicle by the same manufacturer (Rallye Golf is equal to an 8V GTi of the same vintage; Tristar is equivalent to a Vanagon of the same time frame) regardless of the engine or fuel management.
      Obviously Kalifornia is a different beast but I won't go there. The typical surcharge for emissions testing in that state can range from $1-3k depending upon what needs to be done.

good to know. thanks. [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      I wouldn't have to worry about the federalization though. I'd be bringing the car back in a few years when the 1989 is 25yrs old.

[IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Re: 80's boxed arch icons: integrale, rallye golf, ur coupe quattro & e30 m3 (G20t)

Quote, originally posted by G20t »
      JIMP.
      Do want all of them.

yeah,what he said [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      I my R32
      it's the best VW evar!
      Mind-Blowing List of Mods: Dark Charcoal tinted front side markers & blinkers.Dunlop HP A/S tires on stock Aristos w/ VW Racing center caps.Powerflex+Koni FSD shocks w/ OEM US R32 springs.EBC Redstuff pads.Gloss Black painted stock front grille & mirror caps.

Re: (Mcfly653VR6)

Great reading, I want that magazine!
      I have just picked up my second Rallye, and I love them, they're the best the MK2 can be in my book;

"I'm Johlsson, what more can I say..."

Quote Originally Posted by vwstadt, bout' my little Sofine
      Not since I was 8years old and just seen my first Playboy have I been so hypnotized by something. F'ing gorgeous.

Banned

Re: (Johlsson)

not stock. I know. but still.
      [IMG]http://api.ning.com/files/ra9zDzxC7jM5C3Oc6y8Il3heCzUifneLhDVOZKqDxNPI0D2FEK XGoht3rINQOQxvNiu*LXoZvXrcWmu-N*29Mvyf842CaYus/essen41.jpg[/IMG]

too bad you'd never be able to bring it in to the country. there is only one legal Rallye in the US, all of the rest of them are illegal imports.

am i the only one who's driven all 4 cars in the article?

I'd be bringing the car back in a few years when the 1989 is 25yrs old.

You and quite a few others, and that could have an effect on your plans to flip at high prices

Re: (brad@fifteen52)

Having read that article, it really seems that the BMW is the best chassis among them. Oddly enough though, it's the thought of the comfortable Audi with that 5-cyl motor which gets me the most excited. Plus, I love its chunky looks.
      What exactly does the word "Evo" mean?

FV-QR

I am not in any way a fan of most VW's. I think that the ralleye Golf looks dumb. I don't like the flares and I think the MK2 looks better with the clean lines. Sorry.
      The M3 is as expected, and I came away from this article having a greater appreciation for the Audi, wasn't really a fan until this article. But the one I would take is the one here

<-----
      2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7

Formerly: E92 335xi- 12.2@115 - JB4 and 40% E85 only - 1.74 60'

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast