VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Tires rubbing wheel well

12K views 54 replies 31 participants last post by  Fisticuff 
#1 ·
I got some new wheels and tires recently and they're a bit wider than the stock ones.. I notice that there is a slight bit of rubbing on wide right or left turns either in drive or reverse. But the weird thing is it only rubs once in a while. Sometimes it rubs, sometimes it doesn't... What could be some ways I could fix this besides getting a less wide of a tire.

#39 ·
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by FortMyersMenace »
These look good.. The picture just doesn't show that because I took it with my cell phone.

I'm sure they do look good to you but to the people of TCL or really any one born with even a single cell of taste... they look horrific.

#40 ·
Re: FV-QR (eunos94)

Basically if your gonna have small rims like that, they cannot be chrome. chrome should only be done to lips, 22' and up, or various classic car arrangements. Small chrome mags on a fwd sedan just look a bit rice-y.
I'd say don't mod this car... small American 4-doors aren't really the best place to be putting chrome.
Why don't you go get a 2-door cutlass and spend money on that? or a box caprice If you absolutely want four doors...

Edit: I'd just like to say a few things in advance
"wtf, are you brain damaged" to the people who will call this a boat. it a dingy, ok?
and "Buy a TDI, and ****" to those who will complain about gas mileage in relation to my mention of the caprice. Its got decent mileage, so shut up...

Modified by Rattewagen at 3:27 PM 1-17-2010

#42 ·
Re: FV-QR (Lumis_Wolfy)

lumis_wolfy :Basically if your gonna have any wheels they shouldn't be chrome. chrome shouldnt ever be done to lips, unless it is 22" and up and you have terrible taste, or various classic car arrangements. chrome mags on a grandma car looks ghetto.

Maybe if you read the rest of the post you'd see that i said not to waste money on this car....
I've seen chrome lips and painted mags on some hella flush cars that turned out looking pretty cool

Modified by Rattewagen at 3:32 PM 1-17-2010

#44 ·
Re: FV-QR (Rattewagen)

Quote, originally posted by Rattewagen »
lumis_wolfy :Basically if your gonna have any wheels they shouldn't be chrome. chrome shouldnt ever be done to lips, unless it is 22" and up and you have terrible taste, or various classic car arrangements. chrome mags on a grandma car looks ghetto.

Maybe if you read the rest of the post you'd see that i said not to waste money on this car....
I've seen chrome lips and painted mags on some hella flush cars that turned out looking pretty cool

Good to know you're the authority on wheels

#45 ·
Re: (MrMook)

Quote, originally posted by MrMook »
Hellaflush

Yep, thats about right.
Sorry, kid. You should have saved your money for a nicer car, instead of trying to pimp a four door Olds.
You could take a picture of that with the hubble space telescope and it still wouldn't look good.

#49 ·
Re: FV-QR (FortMyersMenace)

Quote, originally posted by FortMyersMenace »
My next car I was already aiming for a caprice or cutlass.
I'm getting it in April.

Honestly, after looking at your current ride, do you think it really matters?

Modified by PDing at 2:21 AM 1-18-2010

#51 ·
Re: FV-QR (Lumis_Wolfy)

Quote, originally posted by Lumis_Wolfy »

I have and have had more wheels and wheel adapters than you could ever shake a stick at, son.

I realize you'll always jump at the chance to belittle and/or act condescending towards someone, but I wasn't even addressing you. Maybe your eyes are starting to go, grandpa.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.