Post pics of your last purchase - Page 1809
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    Page 1809 of 1840 FirstFirst ... 80913091709175917991805180618071808180918101811181218131819 ... LastLast
    Results 45,201 to 45,225 of 45985
      Quote Originally Posted by Mild Taco Sauce View Post
      I know they have the Raptor now, but I'd love to see a reboot of the Lightning!
      That would be spiffy.

I wanna make a T-Rexpedition. The Raptor 6.2L is a pretty affordable engine alone. I could do it a lot cheaper and better looking that the monstrosity that Hennessey builds.
      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Or some other government-sponsored illegal wiretapping app
      I find your answer vague and unconvincing.
      @mbull | instagram

For those looking for a new camera, this is a good site to compare sizes of various models:

http://camerasize.com/compact/#661,697,140,ha,t

I probably should have looked for that before I bought the G7X II. It's really pretty bulky.

Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
      For those looking for a new camera, this is a good site to compare sizes of various models:

http://camerasize.com/compact/#661,697,140,ha,t

I probably should have looked for that before I bought the G7X II. It's really pretty bulky.
      If you wanna unload it I'll give you tree fiddy, I mean at this point it's basically worn out.
      Instagram - efrie004

Totally unnecessary but god dammit the rotor spins and that makes it cool. It's all metallic too.

I love The Backstreet Boys. Holla! leitloaf's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post
      That would be spiffy.

I wanna make a T-Rexpedition. The Raptor 6.2L is a pretty affordable engine alone. I could do it a lot cheaper and better looking that the monstrosity that Hennessey builds.
      And without all the crap that Hennessy does to f over his customers or "university" students. Lol

Do not be persecuted by the pompous fedora, balanced by the equilibrium, fortified by the
      government's inability to eradicate, or foreshadow—taken from the Hebrew word: foreskin

Quote Originally Posted by MCTB View Post
      I have an EM10 and I guess it could fit into a pocket but it is a serious tight fit. Even with the 14/ 2.5 pancake on it it would be a tight squeeze. I just bought a lightly used RX100 as my pocket camera. Should be here soon. Cannot wait. As great and as much as I love my M43 stuff, I am looking forward to a great point and shoot.
      I have had every iteration of rx100 up to the IV. Haven't found the need to upgrade to the V. Besides the one I lost somewhere in New Zealand they are insanely reliable. Even years later they are top of the class.

I also have a a6000, and A7ii. Sony is in a league of their own with travel cameras IMO.

Anyway on to last purchase.

2x plane tickets too

For 8 days Over 4th of July

Got a air bnb right on the beach.

Stoked.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      If you wanna unload it I'll give you tree fiddy, I mean at this point it's basically worn out.
      Tempting...

I intentionally bought this one from a reputable place with good CS (Crutchfield), knowing that they'd be easy with returns. I paid more, but I know me. I return ****. It's in my blood, I guess. My dad is even blacklisted at Lowe's for buying "just in case" stuff for projects and then returning it after.

Quote Originally Posted by HI SPEED View Post
      I have had every iteration of rx100 up to the IV. Haven't found the need to upgrade to the V. Besides the one I lost somewhere in New Zealand they are insanely reliable. Even years later they are top of the class.

I also have a a6000, and A7ii. Sony is in a league of their own with travel cameras IMO.
      I am looking forward to receiving it. I usually walk around with the EM10 and a pancake prime. It is quick to boot, focus, and take the shot but it lacks a zoom which is sometimes annoying. If I am doing a photowalk or car show, the EM10 is perfect. For going to the park with my daughter, I anticipate the RX100 to just be better suited to that.

The Sony mirrorless stuff is pretty cool. I am pretty happy with the M43 system right now. If I had to switch, the Sony stuff would be high one the list. That is unless there have been a couple generations of the Pentax KP by then. Then, I would probably jump back into the Pentax world.

I am looking forward to receiving it. I usually walk around with the EM10 and a pancake prime. It is quick to boot, focus, and take the shot but it lacks a zoom which is sometimes annoying. If I am doing a photowalk or car show, the EM10 is perfect. For going to the park with my daughter, I anticipate the RX100 to just be better suited to that.

The Sony mirrorless stuff is pretty cool. I am pretty happy with the M43 system right now. If I had to switch, the Sony stuff would be high one the list. That is unless there have been a couple generations of the Pentax KP by then. Then, I would probably jump back into the Pentax world.
      A buddy of mine has the A6000, and it's a very nice camera. You can't really go wrong with any of the RX cameras, from what I've read. The touch focus on the Canon is pretty neat though. It's quick and easy, but there is something to be said for using a good viewfinder and a focus ring.

Edit - eBay has 20% (up to $50) off on cameras right now. The G7X II can be had for $589 shipped... I paid $689, but mine came with $20 worth of memory card and carrying case nonsense.

Here's a little comparison between my 40D and the G7X II. The 40D has a Tamron 17-50 2.8. The G7X II looks a bit better to my eye. This is with all of the noise reduction and auto stuff turned off.

Last edited by Samson; 04-19-2017 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaki View Post
      I might've had a few drinks at that point and that was the only photo I had transferred to my phone

Here's another one (that I stole from the gf's FB)
      Honestly, with the quality of photo's coming from modern cell phones, I am going to be keeping my DSLR and using my phone when I travel.

This is SOC from my Google Pixel

IMG_20170413_142923 by Nick Larson, on Flickr

I bought a plane ticket to Los Angeles to go see Dead and Company at The Hollywood Bowl on May 31 and June 1. Free tickets and a free place to stay in a REALLY nice house in the Hollywood hills...I couldn't pass up the opportunity.

Going to see Dead and Company again in Chicago at Wrigley Field on June 30 and July 1 as well.

And I got a suite to see Iron Maiden in St. Paul on June 16.

My summer concert budget has been blown out of the water. Crossing my fingers that no other "must see" shows are announced anytime soon.
      Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSideGTI View Post
      Honestly, with the quality of photo's coming from modern cell phones, I am going to be keeping my DSLR and using my phone when I travel.

This is SOC from my Google Pixel

IMG_20170413_142923 by Nick Larson, on Flickr
      Honestly most phone pictures look great on the phone but get really smudgy when viewed critically. I have my Mac set to scroll through my photo library as a screensaver, and it is jarringly different when shots from my real cameras come up, vs snaps from my cell.

Honestly most phone pictures look great on the phone but get really smudgy when viewed critically. I have my Mac set to scroll through my photo library as a screensaver, and it is jarringly different when shots from my real cameras come up, vs snaps from my cell.
      There is that and a lack of DoF control.

Oh, and sensor size matters.

Phones can do decently in the right conditions and are obviously very convenient, but yeah, they have pretty severe limitations. I got into the habit of just using my 5S for most photos, and I got tired of the process and results. More often than not, the picture quality wasn't great, plus it's not very fun to simply press a fake button on a phone. Manual control on even a mid-level camera like the G7X makes it interesting again. It's not as easy to use as an SLR, but then again, it's about 10% of the size. The experience is about the same though. Clicky wheels, real buttons, etc. As you say, the 1" sensor is many times larger than it is in any phone. It's no APS-C or something, but compromises and all.

If I keep the G7X, which I think I am (the lens and controls vs. the G9X are winning me over), I do want a warm polarizer for it.

I have a Nikon DSLR but I've been really happy with my LG V10. It muddies up JPEGs with noise reduction and oversharpening at the pixel level but you can get around that by saving out RAW .dngs and then processing them later. It has full manual control of focus, ISO, shutter speed and white balance and you can get some actual depth of field and even a little bokeh from the ƒ/1.8 lens. Same flexibility with video up to 4K/30 fps @ 64 Mbps.

Camera interface is like this

This is 4K if you go over to YouTube
      Last edited by adrew; 04-19-2017 at 02:04 PM.
      Improving the signal-to-noise ratio

Same, theres no replacement for displacement.... errr sensor size....

My Pixel compared to most pocket sized point and shoot camera's is pretty similar.

you can fake DOF with some newer phones, but yeah having control over the aperture is nice. Most pocket camera's don't have a large aperture range though. Sensor size will make the biggest difference when shooting in low light.

I have my D750, but for simple shots, my cell does a great job.

the best camera is the one you have with you. iphone is always in my pocket, the Olympus M43 is always in the everyday carry and the sony FF is what I bring when I have a purpose. I like cameras with small footprints.

Quote Originally Posted by bora.the.explora View Post
      the best camera is the one you have with you. iphone is always in my pocket, the Olympus M43 is always in the everyday carry and the sony FF is what I bring when I have a purpose. I like cameras with small footprints.
      Truth.

Plus it also depends on the photo's purpose.

Document which wire goes where or an interesting sign you saw on vacation? Phone cameras are fine.

Plan on printing something out in 20x30 to frame and sell? Gotta have a DSLR.

Quote Originally Posted by kiznarsh View Post
      Truth.

Plus it also depends on the photo's purpose.
      True. The problem I had was that I got lazy, and stopped even bothering with actual cameras. I used to enjoy photography quite a bit, but that interest has waned a bit. I even minored in it in college, right when digital was becoming a mainstream thing. Hopefully this new one will get me back to having some fun while still being pretty easy to bring along. It's small enough to toss in a CamelBak or diaper bag, anyway. My DSLR certainly isn't (though I have strapped it to my pack while on a bike... a bit cumbersome to say the least), and the S100 wasn't enough of an improvement over a phone to really justify using it.

Edit - that LG looks nice. One thing that really sucks about Apple products is the over-simplification and dumbing down of pretty much everything. It's nice, or used to be nice at least in some respects, but it does really limit things like a camera, or hell, even adjusting your snooze length preference. Jerks.
      Last edited by Samson; 04-19-2017 at 03:19 PM.

a couple fidget spinners for the GF's kids. Are these things huge everywhere right now?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSideGTI View Post
      a couple fidget spinners for the GF's kids. Are these things huge everywhere right now?

Yes and ridiculously annoying as kids in my class won't stop with them

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I think I am liking this hiking thing.

Excellent choice, pops.
      🍵 🚴 🍲 💤
      "I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us are. Very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad."

Page 1809 of 1840 FirstFirst ... 80913091709175917991805180618071808180918101811181218131819 ... LastLast