VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

2.7T oil pressure switch diy

23K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  rocknccroll 
#1 ·
So, I decided to make this thread because I searched the internet ( not very thoroughly, admittedly) for a DIY on how to change my oil pressure sender in my s4. Alldata says it takes 1.4 hours, but gives no other info. Bentley manual says nothing. Ive read stories about people taking off their oil filter housing and whatnot just to get to it, but i knew there had to be an easier way! So, here is my how-to, it took about a half hour.

Tools needed:
tiny screwdriver
allen wrench (i believe 5 or 6mm)
19mm socket
17mm socket and torque behind it
15/16" socket
13mm socket
socket wrench

1. Raise and support vehicle

2. Remove wheel

3. Remove belly pan, drain all oil

4. Observe ridiculous amounts of lost oil (2 quarts a week i got up to)

5. Using screwdriver, remove left lower intercooler hose

6. Using 5 or 6mm allen, remove these two bolts that hold the metal IC pipe. Then lift the pipe up and back and hang up on top of the oil filter housing

7. Using 13mm socket, undo the four sway bar bolts and pull sway bar down

the black piece with the white wire just above the oil pan is that little bugger. leaking all my oil...

8. Using a tiny screwdriver, put it in the lower square opening on the switch and twist, just like all VW connectors. Pry that baby off

9. Using the deep 15/16" socket (standard, yes, but it fit the best for some reason) and a small extension, unscrew the pressure switch. Make sure ALL oil is drained, or else:

it spills all over the floor. When you tighten the new switch, dont do it too tight, it wasnt in there too tight to begin with. I also used a wee bit of thread tape, just to be safe.

Ok! All done. Enjoy your lack of an oil leak

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.