VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

The "you need a Miata" thread

1M views 8K replies 642 participants last post by  zmt2 
#1 ·
I just spent an hour going through the "you need an E30" thread (which is awesome by the way) and decided we need to have one for the other TCL darling, the Miata.

Will you play along?

I'll start...

(all photos above found in various threads and internet searches)

See less See more
#35 · (Edited)
one crappy pic of mine. mild STS prep at this point, plan to do more work over the winter and go hard next season. evolution school this saturday, i hope the weather holds out!

if you've never had the pleasure of driving one, try to get some seat time. such an awesome and rewarding car to drive.

#46 ·
i've whored my car enough...but here's pictures of mine in various stages of ownership. the car has been recently returned to stock form and is awaiting sale :(, but it's for the best

#54 ·
The airbox is right behind the driver's side headlight; the stock air intake already takes air from this part of the engine bay. The normal air path is through the fenderwell. It's documented that you get cooler air driving with headlights up in an NA, though.

You don't lose the headlight. It just replaces the cover. The headlight is not that deep.

#107 ·
A) Not looking hard enough
B) Budget needs increase

Lotus Elise (Probax) seats meet your criterion, but they're upwards of $900/pair. Comfortable, drops seating position by almost 2", full head protection, racetrack ready.

Pic courtesy of RevLimiter: