The car enthusiast thread. All topics are fair game - you just need to love cars (since TCL doesn't) - Page 141
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    Page 141 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142 LastLast
    Results 3,501 to 3,525 of 3529
      Quote Originally Posted by sp3nt View Post
      Maybe someone here can give me some direction. I want to change up my stable just because life is short and all I've been driving is turbo charged VWs - mk4 Jetta, mk6 GTI, now mk6 R. There is nothing wrong with the R, it has low kms, good condition, fun and useful but before the responsibility of kids and such come along I want to go for something that's not a 4 cylinder. These cars will be around for awhile and can get into another one later.

Anyways, I'd like to find something with an engine larger than a 2 liter 4 cylinder that is fun, manual, have a good after market/community support, and less than 35k CAD. Thinking this budget is good for either on car or two (Dd + fun car). Current selection​ is 996 911, first gen boxster, 350/370z, mustang/Camaro, maybe s chassis.

Am I missing anything?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
      The M3.
      Something about a fresh start: I have mine everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Chevy SS
      Canuckistan
      Own a Chevrolet SS? Join the Official TCL Registry!

It's me, Rabbit, I promise.
      Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Dubber-GLI View Post
      NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

Maybe someone here can give me some direction. I want to change up my stable just because life is short and all I've been driving is turbo charged VWs - mk4 Jetta, mk6 GTI, now mk6 R. There is nothing wrong with the R, it has low kms, good condition, fun and useful but before the responsibility of kids and such come along I want to go for something that's not a 4 cylinder. These cars will be around for awhile and can get into another one later.

Anyways, I'd like to find something with an engine larger than a 2 liter 4 cylinder that is fun, manual, have a good after market/community support, and less than 35k CAD. Thinking this budget is good for either on car or two (Dd + fun car). Current selection​ is 996 911, first gen boxster, 350/370z, mustang/Camaro, maybe s chassis.

Am I missing anything?

C5 or possibly C6 CORVETTE ?

Challenger r/t ?

Genesis coupe ?

I don't know about in Canada but down here a 1st gen viper can be had and possibly a higher miles gen 2 viper can be had for that price. Maybe a trip down to the states to buy a viper is in order ?

Wait nevermind...is this going to be your only vehicle ?

If so get a cheap 2-3 beater Honda civic / Toyota corolla and a 2009+ boxster.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaCat! View Post
      Canuckistan
      Something imported overnight then. Straight 6 and a yuuuuge Turbo.
      Quote Originally Posted by Elbows View Post
      Igor Natan Segala...that beautiful bastard. I made out with him one time behind a Red Lobster in Mookala, Wisconsin - on a bet. Little did he know that the simple kiss and $7.48 would lead to life-changing consequences. That was before the war, before this all happened. (stares out over the nuclear wasteland)
      Support Your Local Homebrewery

Like this?

Professional Thread Derailer | I have mixed drinks about feelings | I said 'good day'!
      Default post options: So, it has come to this. | If you think so. | Not that there's anything wrong with that. | That's what she said. | WTF.
      //// @mbull //// instagram ////

Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post
      Like this?

Not from Detroit. That is at least 15 years old though.
      Igor Natan Segala...that beautiful bastard. I made out with him one time behind a Red Lobster in Mookala, Wisconsin - on a bet. Little did he know that the simple kiss and $7.48 would lead to life-changing consequences. That was before the war, before this all happened. (stares out over the nuclear wasteland)

You need a V8.

Any V8.
      That's what I am wishing for.

Chevy SS
      U want 4-dr V8 so you can keep it w/ kids.
      M5
      SS
      S4
      or
      Depends which year of m5 and most are still beyond my budget.
      SS - Can't get here.
      S4 - Maybe
      300 - No manual?

Quote Originally Posted by Perceptive Bunny View Post
      The M3.
      e46 or e90?

Canuckistan
      Yup!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin RS View Post
      C5 or possibly C6 CORVETTE ?

Challenger r/t ?

Genesis coupe ?

I don't know about in Canada but down here a 1st gen viper can be had and possibly a higher miles gen 2 viper can be had for that price. Maybe a trip down to the states to buy a viper is in order ?

Wait nevermind...is this going to be your only vehicle ?

If so get a cheap 2-3 beater Honda civic / Toyota corolla and a 2009+ boxster.
      C5/C6 maybe. That is one logical choice.

Challenger feels to big to be fun.

Genesis the exterior styling doesn't float my boat.

Hmm I'll look into vipers and report back.

If it is my only vehicle AWD is a + but rather swing the two car thing for now.

Driven a cayman and enjoyed it, Boxsters are more plentiful and cheaper.

Could do this, but don't want RHD - not comfortable with it.

Like this?

Hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by MCTB View Post
      I love Explorers. I really do. They are great trucks and usually pretty devoid of problems. The best truck I ever had was my '98 Explorer. I had a factory defect throw out bearing but other than that, it just plain worked. It was comfortable and had a good amount of room inside.

I have been looking at:
      - 91 to 92 Isuzu Rodeos: my first car/ truck so I have a thing for them.
      - Grand Wagoneer: The too nice to wheel thing becomes an issue.
      - First or second gen Explorer: I had a second gen and loved it. Not a ton of aftermarket but it is the right amount of nice/ comfortable/ valuable so sliding into a tree or bush is not going to necessarily piss me off.
      - Cherokee Chief: These are kind of cool but 2 door and ridiculously hard to find in good condition and then you start hitting the value proposition.
      - Toyota Land Cruiser 60 series: One of the few things that I have owned and actually miss. The problem was I hated taking it through anything more than a muddy trail. They are too nice and too valuable to wheel now.
      - Range Rover Classic: I would only want a pre- 84 model and those were never brought into the US really. There are some around but they are very, very difficult to find. This would have to be imported. The drawback is the 100" WB making for a pretty cramped back seat for my daughter.

There are a few other options out there but none that I am really drawn to.
      Explorer not a bad idea. 80 series?
      Typical forum guy with busted third-hand cars.
      Quote Originally Posted by Kiyokix View Post
      I like this guy, I like this guy a lot.
      Quote Originally Posted by l88m22vette View Post
      88c900t wins again, you really ****ing crush it at listing a ton of cheap options
      Quote Originally Posted by volvohutter View Post
      You'll always get a pass due to your history of owning classy and sophisticated automobiles

Quote Originally Posted by 88c900t View Post
      Explorer not a bad idea. 80 series?
      I thought about the 80 series. They have a lot going for them but they also pop and warp their head and it looks like a bloated marshmallow to me. That and they're huge.

This is pretty sweet. Uses ZJ front suspension. The front bumper is hideous but the swap is clean.

With the new house pretty much here, do I want to swap out my Abarth for something else? I'm losing the garage, so it'd be spending it's time outside now. Not a problem, but my commute is extending from 3 miles to 27 miles. Still all interstate, which is not exactly 91" wheelbase conducive.

I love it. I'm really jonesing for a sunroof though so my initial thought was to just see if I can manage a straight trade for an A500 Cabrio because I really do like the car. Then I keep seeing these threads about Elantra Sports off the lot for $18K, and I think how nice a move to the next class size would be. Then there's also the rival Fiesta ST (I refuse to call it a FiST ) in that envy green. And then I also think that I've yet to own a RWD car. Losing the garage means an S2K is probably off the table now, unless I do a pave through the fence and park it in the back yard. Seems unconventional. Maybe a GT86? I've got no problem with "torqueless wonders" as I used to own a Celica GTS and moving out was solved by just keeping the pedal down longer between gear changes.

I'm coming up on 48K so I've piled on 41K miles in 26 months of ownership. I don't necessarily need to do anything at all. Maybe it's more the boredom bug setting in. Might be time to swap the piggyback for a Euro+Drive custom tune.
      GeorgiaBulldawgs!
      Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      Good point. I look like that when I lose my place in line at the grocery store. Can't imagine what would happen to my face if I lost $64M.

e46 or e90?

I was speaking of the M3 in general but yeah, the e46 is a double personality beast. But the most logical in your options was actually the Camaro. I'd call the new chassis the one to beat versus 90% of sports car on the market; I'm talking supercar good. There's a sleuth of hop-ups and room to grow with the Camaro.
      Something about a fresh start: I have mine everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by SAV912 View Post
      With the new house pretty much here, do I want to swap out my Abarth for something else? I'm losing the garage, so it'd be spending it's time outside now. Not a problem, but my commute is extending from 3 miles to 27 miles. Still all interstate, which is not exactly 91" wheelbase conducive.

I love it. I'm really jonesing for a sunroof though so my initial thought was to just see if I can manage a straight trade for an A500 Cabrio because I really do like the car. Then I keep seeing these threads about Elantra Sports off the lot for $18K, and I think how nice a move to the next class size would be. Then there's also the rival Fiesta ST (I refuse to call it a FiST ) in that envy green. And then I also think that I've yet to own a RWD car. Losing the garage means an S2K is probably off the table now, unless I do a pave through the fence and park it in the back yard. Seems unconventional. Maybe a GT86? I've got no problem with "torqueless wonders" as I used to own a Celica GTS and moving out was solved by just keeping the pedal down longer between gear changes.

I'm coming up on 48K so I've piled on 41K miles in 26 months of ownership. I don't necessarily need to do anything at all. Maybe it's more the boredom bug setting in. Might be time to swap the piggyback for a Euro+Drive custom tune.
      Those abarths are a ton of fun, especially with that exhaust but I found the seating position poor. I like the ST and RWD is not as impractical down there. Have you driven the fiesta?
      Typical forum guy with busted third-hand cars.
      Quote Originally Posted by Kiyokix View Post
      I like this guy, I like this guy a lot.
      Quote Originally Posted by l88m22vette View Post
      88c900t wins again, you really ****ing crush it at listing a ton of cheap options
      Quote Originally Posted by volvohutter View Post
      You'll always get a pass due to your history of owning classy and sophisticated automobiles

That's what I am wishing for.

Depends which year of m5 and most are still beyond my budget.
      SS - Can't get here.
      S4 - Maybe
      300 - No manual?

e46 or e90?

Yup!

Challenger feels to big to be fun.

Genesis the exterior styling doesn't float my boat.

Hmm I'll look into vipers and report back.

If it is my only vehicle AWD is a + but rather swing the two car thing for now.

Driven a cayman and enjoyed it, Boxsters are more plentiful and cheaper.

Could do this, but don't want RHD - not comfortable with it.

Hahaha.
      There was a company of Colorado what was importing utes from Australia and converting them to LHD. Left Hand Utes USA? Their website is sketchy though.

Quote Originally Posted by 88c900t View Post
      Those abarths are a ton of fun, especially with that exhaust but I found the seating position poor. I like the ST and RWD is not as impractical down there. Have you driven the fiesta?
      I'm very short (5'6") but luckily built Italian like where my arms are longer than my legs, so the Abarth seating position works for me.

My brother has a Fiesta 1.0EB and it was fun, if slow. I've sat in a Fiesta ST with Recaros but not driven one with Recaros. I've driven one without Recaros and it's good fun but I didn't see enough of a change from my Abarth to warrant spending the cash at the time. Admittedly my Abarth is not stock and I've set it up so that I get a lot more play out of the rear than a stock Abarth would normally provide. I HAVE driven a Focus ST and the power was awesome but pushing one to the point of having real fun with it (IE getting the ass out) is not real possible with my work commute. There are no fun driving roads in Savannah. Flatland life sucks.

I'm actually thinking I might need to give the GT86 a go if I can find one at Carmax or something. The Toyota dealers here are ruthless in their 3 block test drives followed by ten years of "so how can we make this work today?"
      GeorgiaBulldawgs!
      Good point. I look like that when I lose my place in line at the grocery store. Can't imagine what would happen to my face if I lost $64M.

I'm very short (5'6")
      You are built like Himmat from what I've seen of your photos. Himmat doesn't post much anymore. I are sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      You are built like Himmat from what I've seen of your photos. Himmat doesn't post much anymore. I are sad.
      I'm sorry to disappoint. Have a beer on me.
      GeorgiaBulldawgs!

Quote Originally Posted by Perceptive Bunny View Post
      I was speaking of the M3 in general but yeah, the e46 is a double personality beast. But the most logical in your options was actually the Camaro. I'd call the new chassis the one to beat versus 90% of sports car on the market; I'm talking supercar good. There's a sleuth of hop-ups and room to grow with the Camaro.
      Reading all the reviews in the new Camaros it's very intriguing. Think in v8 form is surpasses my budget sadly. Edit: just did a quick search, only the 4 cylinders are within my price range. V8 is just above starting at low 40's.

An m3 would be great, think I'd try for e90 because v8, but heard talk and rod bearings going.

There was a company of Colorado what was importing utes from Australia and converting them to LHD. Left Hand Utes USA? Their website is sketchy though.
      Haha Utes would be stellar. They still open?

Last edited by sp3nt; 04-21-2017 at 12:02 AM.

Reading all the reviews in the new Camaros it's very intriguing. Think in v8 form is surpasses my budget sadly. Edit: just did a quick search, only the 4 cylinders are within my price range. V8 is just above starting at low 40's.

An m3 would be great, think I'd try for e90 because v8, but heard talk and rod bearings going.

Haha Utes would be stellar. They still open?

Yes they are.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/lefthand...76245029273907

That orange FPV

Last edited by CaleDeRoo; 04-21-2017 at 03:54 AM.
      Instagram: calederoo

#FREEPATRIKMAN

Do the 86, SAV. Do it.

You do have that old road course over next to the Westin hotel. Always forget to check that out when I'm down there...

NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

Do the 86, SAV. Do it.

You do have that old road course over next to the Westin hotel. Always forget to check that out when I'm down there...
      Hutchinson Island. I've been around it a few times at speed a couple of years ago but recently, some of it has been walled off. It's no longer really a continuous lap anymore.

When I first brought home the Abarth.
      Abarth 4 by fiat7147, on Flickr
      GeorgiaBulldawgs!

some of it has been walled off. It's no longer really a continuous lap anymore.
      Well, that sucks.

NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

Well, that sucks.
      Yeah. They hold autocross occasionally in the old pit area along the front straight but that's about it. I'll see if I can get some video next time I'm down that way.
      GeorgiaBulldawgs!

Instagram: calederoo

#FREEPATRIKMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post

Someone has been following our thread. Or at least my browser history

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guise....

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/198...rand-wagoneer/

rabbit can pick up for one of you on his next trip to montanananana
      Last edited by Tornado2dr; Today at 01:24 PM.
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio!
      They make my ass look pretty.

I'm very short (5'6") but luckily built Italian like where my arms are longer than my legs, so the Abarth seating position works for me.
      Ahem... 5'6" is not very short. I, too, have a long torso and arms. My wife, who's shorter than I, has longer legs than me. Even 28" inseams are too long.
      Professional Thread Derailer | I have mixed drinks about feelings | I said 'good day'!
      Default post options: So, it has come to this. | If you think so. | Not that there's anything wrong with that. | That's what she said. | WTF.
      //// @mbull //// instagram ////

Page 141 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142 LastLast