doing it wrong-thread?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge
    Page 1 of 527 123451151101501 ... LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 13164
    1. #1

      doing it wrong-thread?

      What has happened to doing it wrong - it's the final countdown thread?
      It suddendly disappeared about a week ago...

    2. #2
      Member someguy123's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 30th, 2005
      Location
      The Financial Lounge
      Posts
      17,242

    3. #3
      Member
      Join Date
      May 3rd, 2012
      Location
      Brooklyn, NY
      Posts
      3,833

      FV-QR

      It was a count down to the Mayan Apocalypse.
      Quote Originally Posted by Hogan View Post
      A lack of knowledge and facts has never once slowed down The Car Lounge.
      Quote Originally Posted by alexislow View Post
      Can we get pictures of your feet in return? Just the feet.

    4. #4
      Member Cousin Eddie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 17th, 2005
      Location
      Ontario, Canada
      Posts
      19,638

    5. #5
      Member DISI 2.3T's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 22nd, 2004
      Location
      Charlotte
      Posts
      2,751
      Quote Originally Posted by hardcoresuperstar View Post
      What has happened to doing it wrong - it's the final countdown thread?
      It suddendly disappeared about a week ago...
      That was it, people screwed around too much on the thread and it got black holed.
      My legend dates back to the 12th Century you see. My legend is quite old. The 12th Century was a long time ago. It was summer and so cold from the snow because it was actually winter or maybe it was Monday. It could have been a Thursday or possibly a Saturday or was it Tuesday though it could have been Wednesday or a Monday.

    6. #6
      Member
      Join Date
      May 3rd, 2012
      Location
      Brooklyn, NY
      Posts
      3,833
      Quote Originally Posted by DISI 2.3T View Post
      That was it, people screwed around too much on the thread and it got black holed.
      [img]http://cdn.*************.net/instances/400x/32266747.jpg[/img]
      Quote Originally Posted by Hogan View Post
      A lack of knowledge and facts has never once slowed down The Car Lounge.
      Quote Originally Posted by alexislow View Post
      Can we get pictures of your feet in return? Just the feet.

    7. #7
      Member Crispyfritter's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 21st, 2001
      Location
      SW KS
      Posts
      11,480
      Quote Originally Posted by hardcoresuperstar View Post
      What has happened to doing it wrong - it's the final countdown thread?
      It suddendly disappeared about a week ago...
      I'm assuming it went to the same place as your last username. Perhaps even for the same reason.

      Chris
      | 2017 Korean Appliance SE | 2008 Suburban LTZ | 2003 Dodge Ram | 2002 BMW 530i con mañuel | 1974 SuperBeetle x 2 | 1979 Camaro | 1975 Scout |
      The poster formerly known as 200HP4dr

    8. #8
      Member redshift's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 22nd, 2002
      Location
      Outside the delivery area
      Posts
      11,935
      Quote Originally Posted by 200HP4dr View Post
      I'm assuming it went to the same place as your last username. Perhaps even for the same reason.

      Chris
      That was my first thought as well.
      1000101010101...001011001...2

      Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk
      where have i backpedaled?

    9. #9

    10. #10
      Member someguy123's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 30th, 2005
      Location
      The Financial Lounge
      Posts
      17,242
      Quote Originally Posted by 200HP4dr View Post
      I'm assuming it went to the same place as your last username. Perhaps even for the same reason.

      Chris
      Who is he?

    11. #11
      Member Old Windy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 31st, 2009
      Location
      Someplace where there is no snow
      Posts
      5,600
      Last time I saw the thread, there was an internets fight going on. As to what actually cause the thread to get black holed .
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for a GTI View Post
      Banging a hooker will make the wasps go away? I'm off to find a bee's nest. BRB.
      Quote Originally Posted by 88c900t View Post
      You mean CalDeRoo?

    12. #12
      Quote Originally Posted by 200HP4dr View Post
      I'm assuming it went to the same place as your last username. Perhaps even for the same reason.

      Chris
      Thank you for your very helpful answer.

      I think the bigger question is that what a guy who has a Leaf and a Prius is doing on a car forum?

    13. #13
      Senior Member BHB's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 26th, 2004
      Location
      Southern California
      Posts
      28,956
      Due to an error, there was a batch of threads that was hard deleted from the forum, and unrecoverable, without other consequences.

      I believe this was one of those threads.

    14. #14
      Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie View Post

    15. #15
      Quote Originally Posted by BHB View Post
      Due to an error, there was a batch of threads that was hard deleted from the forum, and unrecoverable, without other consequences.

      I believe this was one of those threads.
      OK. Thanks.

    16. #16
      Member Crispyfritter's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 21st, 2001
      Location
      SW KS
      Posts
      11,480
      Quote Originally Posted by hardcoresuperstar View Post
      Thank you for your very helpful answer.

      I think the bigger question is that what a guy who has a Leaf and a Prius is doing on a car forum?
      You must be new here. Plenty of Prius owners and at least 3 LEAF owners and growing.

      That and I've had more cars with power adders and suspensions mods than you've got IQ points chief, so you've got no ground to stand on there.

      Chris
      | 2017 Korean Appliance SE | 2008 Suburban LTZ | 2003 Dodge Ram | 2002 BMW 530i con mañuel | 1974 SuperBeetle x 2 | 1979 Camaro | 1975 Scout |
      The poster formerly known as 200HP4dr

    17. #17
      Member sdpauly's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 3rd, 2004
      Location
      San Diego
      Posts
      2,868
      that was the best thread on this fourm, that really sucks.


      "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." -H. L. Mencken

    18. #18
      Member Old Windy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 31st, 2009
      Location
      Someplace where there is no snow
      Posts
      5,600
      Quote Originally Posted by sdpauly View Post
      that was the best thread on this fourm, that really sucks.



      Well there's still the car domain one.
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for a GTI View Post
      Banging a hooker will make the wasps go away? I'm off to find a bee's nest. BRB.
      Quote Originally Posted by 88c900t View Post
      You mean CalDeRoo?

    19. #19
      Quote Originally Posted by 200HP4dr View Post
      ...I've had more cars with power adders and suspensions mods than you've got IQ points chief, so you've got no ground to stand on there.

      Chris

    20. #20
      Member
      Join Date
      Feb 3rd, 2006
      Location
      North Las Vegas
      Posts
      2,257
      Quote Originally Posted by sdpauly View Post
      that was the best thread on this fourm, that really sucks.


      Google cache?
      Quote Originally Posted by Broduski View Post
      TCL would suggest a Bi-Turbo to a single mother of 4 just for sh*t's and giggles.
      Quote Originally Posted by smoothsix View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by HackAC View Post
      What would America be like today if everyone had to sit through a 2 hour TFL seminar?
      Lots of suicides

    21. #21
      Member 2ohgti's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 8th, 2004
      Location
      Crapville, PA.
      Posts
      10,782

    22. #22

      FV-QR

      That is really a shame, that was one of my favorite threads to look forward to.

    23. #23
      Member
      Join Date
      May 3rd, 2012
      Location
      Brooklyn, NY
      Posts
      3,833

      doing it wrong-thread?

      Quote Originally Posted by devianb View Post
      That is really a shame, that was one of my favorite threads to look forward to.
      Blame the small peen'd mouth-breathers who had to argue to prove who had the biggest 3inches
      Quote Originally Posted by Hogan View Post
      A lack of knowledge and facts has never once slowed down The Car Lounge.
      Quote Originally Posted by alexislow View Post
      Can we get pictures of your feet in return? Just the feet.

    24. #24
      Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2005
      Location
      East-10EC
      Posts
      72,871
      Quote Originally Posted by BHB View Post
      Due to an error, there was a batch of threads that was hard deleted from the forum, and unrecoverable, without other consequences.

      I believe this was one of those threads.
      no forum backup exists?
      but I guess that's even more server cost.

      any other consequences we should know about?
      all user info given to nambla?

      and thanks for telling us what happened.
      "Sometimes, I have a sudden urge to fart on this chair."

    25. #25
      Member
      Join Date
      Feb 3rd, 2006
      Location
      North Las Vegas
      Posts
      2,257
      Again, Google cache folks, though I'm not sure how many pages you'll dredge up before deciding it's not worth the PITA.
      Quote Originally Posted by Broduski View Post
      TCL would suggest a Bi-Turbo to a single mother of 4 just for sh*t's and giggles.
      Quote Originally Posted by smoothsix View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by HackAC View Post
      What would America be like today if everyone had to sit through a 2 hour TFL seminar?
      Lots of suicides

    Page 1 of 527 123451151101501 ... LastLast