I Love LAWNMOWER
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    Page 1 of 107 123451151101 ... LastLast
      I hibernate. Just like the Turtles! GoHomePossum's Avatar

I Love LAWNMOWER

Nothing is MORE satisfying than the first cutting of the season. Those beautiful green stripes. That fresh cut grass smell. Stuff I've missed all winter. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

That is all.

Last edited by GoHomePossum; 10-07-2013 at 09:06 PM.
      I now have an InstaGram: emmettlodge

I'm headed home to do mine!

I'm a self proclaimed Hank Hill. I'm just starting to mow here in South Jersey. Front lawn mowed twice, overseeded, limed, and starter fertilized.

Quote Originally Posted by barry2952 View Post
      I'm headed home to do mine!
      Enjoy it! Don't you have a ZTR Lazer too? Nice machine.

I prefer WEEDWACKER
      Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      We can not be trusted.

oh **** that reminds me... gotta go home and shave my pubes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucian1988 View Post
      it just wouldn't be "community and lifestyle" without this.
      Quote Originally Posted by capsaicin View Post
      AP1 S2000? I can not in good conscience talk you out of that. May your slip angle be great and your bed not be the couch!

I would totally hire Mexicans to mow this lawn:
      Quote Originally Posted by emmettlodge View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      This has to be my jam right now. If I had a few more subcontractors intothis type of **** the old lady would be done by now. Give me the kayak you know somebody is being a poseureur about.
      Oh My Tumblr: DGDCphotography.tumblr.com

I got burned out on mowing lawns but you're right there is something amazing about mowing for the first time of the season. I've actually been very busy doing some site work at my fathers place. Had the 655 Ford Backhoe here this weekend and leveled about 200 yards of woodchips and expanded the parking area by removing about ten yards of dirt and got rid of four huge stumps too. Nice to have access to a machine like that !

Btw, lawn looks nice !

Quote Originally Posted by Lucian1988 View Post
      Get a striping kit for your trimmer. In the right light, the light/dark contrasts will look great.

I disagree. Push mower on a yard of weeds isn't fun, and takes away time from doing other stuff. Sure, it smells nice, but I really never look forward to doing it. Its just too much time and effort for little reward. Especially when you have retired people all around you who have nothing better to do than spend their time making their yards pristine, whlie I'm all worn out after 11-12 hours of being at work.

Bah.

Quote Originally Posted by Egz View Post
      I disagree. Push mower on a yard of weeds isn't fun, and takes away time from doing other stuff. Sure, it smells nice, but I really never look forward to doing it. Its just too much time and effort for little reward. Especially when you have retired people all around you who have nothing better to do than spend their time making their yards pristine, whlie I'm all worn out after 11-12 hours of being at work.

Bah.
      The best part about mowing a lawn is that I can drag mowing my .25 acre lawn from about 45 min (what it really takes, inc. weedwacking, edging, etc) into about 3 hours, and a 6-pack of beer. And my wife can't complain 'cuz "hey! I'm working on the yard, too busy, sorry!"

I love LAMP.
      "It is like an drunken anglo ultimate fighting dojo." - CBJ...
      "Hell I can't live peacefully with two bagel makers within a half kilometer of each other much less two cities." - CBJ once again!

I still have snow on some spots and grass looks like some dog peed over entire yard.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stack View Post
      The best part about mowing a lawn is that I can drag mowing my .25 acre lawn from about 45 min (what it really takes, inc. weedwacking, edging, etc) into about 3 hours, and a 6-pack of beer. And my wife can't complain 'cuz "hey! I'm working on the yard, too busy, sorry!"
      Ah, yes, the weedwacking, because it isn't either of the 2 definitions I learned from OT.

Nothing is MORE satisfying than the first cutting of the season.
      You're late.

I've been mowing regularly for a month and a half.

I'm about 3 weeks in my cutting season. We bought our house 3.5 years ago and the yard was in ROUGH shape: bare patches, super thin grass (my wife described it as 'old man pubes'?), full of weeds, etc. This year it finally looks awesome. Nice and thick, really green, no more bare patches. I'm a happy guy. This weekend I'll get the mulch down, annuals planted, and replace a plant that didn't make it through last summer. I'm looking forward to it.

Broke out the Dixon. Sharpened the blades. Changed the oil, filter and air filter. Then I mowed for the first time this season yesterday.

I love to mow my grass, cigar and beer in hand and cupholder.

I always hated it.

Mostly because Dad'd be like "Go mow the lawn" when it was 110F and 85% humidity right when I was about to finish up a level in Sonic 3.
      It got especially bad because the handle broke and the drive went out towards the end of my mowing tenure, so I had to push the thing and bend super low to turn it around.
      Needless to say, as soon as was no longer home during the summer he got a fancy new one.

Looking back, though, I got an awful lot of thinking done durring the maybe 1.5 hours it took.

When I worked at the golf course...man, you haven't mowed until you've mowed a fairway.
      So smooth people fell asleep doing it with alarming regularity.
      Last edited by Robstr; 04-22-2013 at 03:57 PM.
      All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

Get a striping kit for your trimmer. In the right light, the light/dark contrasts will look great.
      Well played, sir.

I like mowing the lawn, but I really want to go out with this little tractor and the bush-hog at my grandfather's:

Little Kubota diesel = fun little tractorlet.
      2005 Subaru Forester X/1980 Honda CM400E/1987 Porsche 944S

BattleRabbit takes Pictures!

Enjoy it! Don't you have a ZTR Lazer too? Nice machine.
      Yes, I have a 2000 56" deck Lazer Z water-cooled with 200 hours on it. Should last me until my dying day. I love cutting the grass. It gives you a chance to be really anal without pissing someone off.

We're supposed to get another 6-10" of snow tonight. No lawn mowing being done around here for a while. By this time last year, I had played golf 4 times and my lawn had been mowed at least 5 or 6 times.

Looking forward to getting started on our lawn. My wife and I bought a house around Thanksgiving - having lived in our condo and apartments before that, I haven't had a yard to mow since I was a kid. We only have about a .25 acre, but I intend to make the most of it. Picked up a new mower a couple weeks ago and it's almost time to fire it up...

Jason • Now 2.0T / 455 • Then 2.0T / 1.8T / 2.0
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Quote Originally Posted by Robstr View Post
      When I worked at the golf course...man, you haven't mowed until you've mowed a fairway.
      So smooth people fell asleep doing it with alarming regularity.

Quote Originally Posted by GTI_2.0T View Post
      We only have about a .25 acre, but I intend to make the most of it.
      I grew up mowing an acre+; .25 is great, just enough to be interesting and justify some tools, but not too big to be a PITA or require really big (read: garage-space stealing) tools.

Page 1 of 107 123451151101 ... LastLast