I Love LAWNMOWER - Page 84
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    Page 84 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3474808182838485 LastLast
    Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 2108
      Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post
      This teasing is not acceptable. WHAT's IN THE BOX?!?!
      Given that people like Patrick exist on this forum (and this thread specifically), and the recent warning about talking Honda, I must refrain.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      Given that people like Patrick exist on this forum (and this thread specifically), and the recent warning about talking Honda, I must refrain.
      Group PM for the good boys?
      Own a Chevrolet SS? Join the Official TCL Registry!

It's me, Rabbit, I promise.
      Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Dubber-GLI View Post
      NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaCat! View Post
      Group PM for the good boys?
      I'll send you a picture of it with your stickers

We have battery stuff coming. Very soon actually. I was a tester for a few pieces of it in Fall.
      Quote Originally Posted by turbinepowered View Post
      Go on...

Go on.....
      Easy like Sunday Morning.

NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

?!
      Quote Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post
      There is an area of a normal brain that lets the owner know the object works and needs to be left alone. Not all of us have it. It is like being colorblind.

Quote Originally Posted by turbinepowered View Post
      ?!
      Do you need more stickers too? I can bring them to the CRZ event or send them to you...?

Do you need more stickers too? I can bring them to the CRZ event or send them to you...?
      I always can use more stickers.

I'll shoot you a PM in a bit
      Quote Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post
      There is an area of a normal brain that lets the owner know the object works and needs to be left alone. Not all of us have it. It is like being colorblind.

Lawnmower​ prep day oil change, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter. The original air filter didn't have a pre-filter 🤔. Oil drains terrible slow and the oil filter makes a huge mess on the frame overall really easy to do. Next up I think I want to get a mulching kit for it since it needs new blades anyways.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post
      Barry;

Are you talking about something like this (example for the brush, not the machine necessarily)?:

https://www.ariens.com/en-us/lawn-pr...ls/power-brush

I think maybe you could purchase a kit to attach to your mower to use as a broom:
      https://www.google.com/search?q=exma...QoYhq3jb6dayM:

If you have a commercial-grade lazer I guess they probably have their own version to hang on the front and run off the drive system?

We often use our front-end-loader's power-broom attachments (all of our loaders are "ITs" or "integrated tool-carriers" that can swap bucket/forks/broom/etc with a few button/lever pushes) to clear small amounts of snow, but only if it is light and the temp/sun is right.

The problem with the broom is it can freeze up (the bristles, chunked with slush) and become inoperable in the wrong conditions, or if the freeze is long there can be a layer of wet/slush left behind that can refreeze quickly. The latter doesn't happen much with our climate (snow events are often followed by sunny warm days that melt snow and dry the cleared parking lot quickly), but I would worry about it with your climate, and textured driveway which might hold the layer of slush left behind by the broom. I can't remember if you have said your driveway is heated or not. It could be worth a try - no idea on cost, but the attachments are probably available used or at least marketable if you want to sell if it doesn't work after the first season.
      No heat for the driveway, just the front porch. Heating the driveway was doable in material costs as it was just plastic tubing. It was the operating cost that killed the deal. It's be a 3800 square foot carbon footprint.

This like what I need, but it's a sweeper with a hopper. I need the brush to turn the other way for snow removal.

http://www.m-bco.com/attachments/oem...oro-attachment

Quote Originally Posted by barry2952 View Post
      No heat for the driveway, just the front porch. Heating the driveway was doable in material costs as it was just plastic tubing. It was the operating cost that killed the deal. It's be a 3800 square foot carbon footprint.

This like what I need, but it's a sweeper with a hopper. I need the brush to turn the other way for snow removal.

http://www.m-bco.com/attachments/oem...oro-attachment
      If you think it would work, go for it. Check out the options on the brooms, you may be able to eschew the hopper and just run it with a top-sheild. To be an effective pavement sweeper, it needs to turn in reverse while the vehicle is moving forward, anyways (acting like a "push" broom). Hydraulic units can turn both ways, normally(just pull the lever the other way), but I would hope a belt driven unit would have a gearbox to change directions or be able to be run in the direction you need, permanently.

edit: barry that link you posted is almost certainly what you need (in terms of attachment type). That one has a shield, and I would be pretty certain turns the proper direction just based on the design.

Probably wrong brand, but watch:

Last edited by Tornado2dr; 04-20-2017 at 04:44 PM.
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio!
      They make my ass look pretty.

Need to order a cable for the Craftsman AWD. I took a look at the cable and researched some how-to's and it looks like the steel spring/pin broke off.

I can spend $35-38 for the Craftsman cable, or I can spend $26-30 for the Husqvarna cable.
      Professional Thread Derailer | I have mixed drinks about feelings | I said 'good day'!
      Default post options: So, it has come to this. | If you think so. | Not that there's anything wrong with that. | That's what she said. | WTF.
      //// @mbull //// instagram ////

Quote Originally Posted by vwluger22 View Post
      Lawnmower​ prep day oil change, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter. The original air filter didn't have a pre-filter 🤔. Oil drains terrible slow and the oil filter makes a huge mess on the frame overall really easy to do. Next up I think I want to get a mulching kit for it since it needs new blades anyways.

Just a tip...

When I had one of those sorts of mowers (now I have a commercial zero turn) one of the best tricks I learned was an oil drain extension. If my memory serves you can just go to Lowe's/HD and get a 3" or so piece of 3/8" threaded pipe (both ends). Remove the crappy drain valve, tape the ends of the pipe, thread it in, and then put a cap on the opposite end. That way, when you drain the oil you just take the cap off which now clears the frame.

Quote Originally Posted by bave View Post
      Just a tip...

When I had one of those sorts of mowers (now I have a commercial zero turn) one of the best tricks I learned was an oil drain extension. If my memory serves you can just go to Lowe's/HD and get a 3" or so piece of 3/8" threaded pipe (both ends). Remove the crappy drain valve, tape the ends of the pipe, thread it in, and then put a cap on the opposite end. That way, when you drain the oil you just take the cap off which now clears the frame.
      Thanks for the tip. The setup you described sounds like the setup on my snowblower (sticking out the back in the picture) and that worked well enough. On the mower the crankcase drain has a plastic quick drain valve ( under the starter the little yellow piece) and a hose that attaches as the extension. The part that really made a mess was the oil filter since it is directly above the frame rail on the left side. Any tips for the filter? Sorry don't have a picture right now.

Also why hasn't anyone made an adapter to make a regular car jack lift a lawn tractor? Seems rather simple to me if I had a welder it would already be made.

http://www.drainzit.com/

Goes directly into the used oil jug. Zero mess.

My newer Honda mower will not start on the first pull.....Whats up with that? It takes 3. My old one started on the first pull every single time.
      It go down in the DM

Quote Originally Posted by vwbrvr6 View Post
      My newer Honda mower will not start on the first pull.....Whats up with that? It takes 3. My old one started on the first pull every single time.
      Put a new spark plug in it.

NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

Ran the gas out of the snowblower this morning.

Oil change on the tired Toro and first mow of the season is happening this afternoon. The transmission is starting to go on it, but the engine starts on the first or second pull every time.

Probably blasphemy in this thread, but this is the last year I plan on cutting my own grass, for a while. We're building a new house that will have minimal grass because of maximized patio and landscaping. The delta of buying a quality lawnmower, and hiring it done won't be covered for several years. Time not spent mowing, edging and trimming, plus maintenance/ storage of the machines makes it a tough sell to DIY.

I'll probably still do the snow.

Quote Originally Posted by vwluger22 View Post
      Any tips for the filter? Sorry don't have a picture right now.

Use aluminum foil, create a three sided channel, place under filter, let oil run through channel into container. I do this on my JD X320, works well.

I'm hopefully getting a Kubota BX2200 this week, 60"mower, 60"snowthrower, dozer blade. Will have to see if it mows like my John Deere (I'm sure it will work okay, but probably not as maneuverable).
      2002 Harley Fat Boy, 2004 Yukon XL Denali, 1993 F-250

Quote Originally Posted by thegoodson View Post
      Probably blasphemy in this thread, but this is the last year I plan on cutting my own grass, for a while.
      What type of grass and how large is the area?

Quote Originally Posted by arozanski View Post
      Use aluminum foil, create a three sided channel, place under filter, let oil run through channel into container. I do this on my JD X320, works well.
      I like this idea let's hope I remember when the time comes.

What type of grass and how large is the area?
      Not sure on the type, but area will be only front of the house, ~25'x~25'. Backyard will be 100% patio, landscape and boardwalk to the seawall.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoodson View Post
      Not sure on the type, but area will be only front of the house, ~25'x~25'. Backyard will be 100% patio, landscape and boardwalk to the seawall.
      Oh, when the sun beats down and burns the tar up on the roof
      And your shoes get so hot you wish your tired feet werefire-proof
      Under the boardwalk, down by the sea, yeah
      On a blanket with my baby is where I'll be
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Pedantry: winning arguments through exasperation since 1651. An Old World Tradition!
      "Now i am become death the destroyer of worlds."-bhagavad gita
      “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” -T.S. Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaCat! View Post
      Put a new spark plug in it.
      It's only got like 40 hours on it tho.
      It go down in the DM

Quote Originally Posted by vwbrvr6 View Post
      It's only got like 40 hours on it tho.
      At the very least, pull the spark plug and clean up the electrode with Emory or very fine sandpaper. Re gap. See if it helps.

Are you using the choke? From cold my mower starts with one weak-ass pull with the choke on. Five to six pulls with no choke when cold(sometimes I forget and about the time it fires up I realize my mistake)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio!
      They make my ass look pretty.

Page 84 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3474808182838485 LastLast