The Offikial Random Observations and CSB Thread - Page 3343
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
      Damn, I asked for a smaller beer and I still got a huge one. Whatever, instead of 0.0125 jnms it's only 0.01 jnms.

Instagram - efrie004

Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      I'd be interested. Did you guys do the magic flat rate OT festivus trade box last year?
      I'm willing to contribute. Southbound just dropped a Coffee Stout that I've yet to try. I know one of yous guys was hyping the coffee beer a few days (and probably several hundred pages) ago.
      Off Topikstan CSB Thread, First Responder (c) 2013
      Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      Good point. I look like that when I lose my place in line at the grocery store. Can't imagine what would happen to my face if I lost $64M.

A beautiful Summer's Eve Sold Over Sticker's Avatar

Train beer? That sounds fancier than drinking in the backseat of the carpool ****box of a coworker.
      Only ****ty part is that it's a 22oz that's almost 10%. On a kale a chicken salad lunch, I'm pretty warmed up. Whoops. My usual train beer just relaxes me. This bad boy is going to make me call an Uber.

Quote Originally Posted by pwm View Post
      If you haven't already, listen to his Common Sense podcast.

Also, we need an OT beer trade setup. I'm close to all the NEIPA giants.

I tried to start a thread years ago but it got locked. Maybe over PM or whatsapp or something.
      I'm 33 and I have no idea what is a whatsapp. I'm down for a beer trade though. That sounds like a lot of fun. I'll check out common sense too.
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen.
      Quote Originally Posted by bothhandsplease View Post
      Brendan told me to get the best discount, I had to send dick pics. I thought this was standard car buying practice.
      Quote Originally Posted by H.E. Pennypacker View Post
      Brendan and his all knowing heavy breathing baboon are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      We had to park across the street for karaoke night at local Mexican joint.

You have my attention.
      Own a Chevrolet SS? Join the Official TCL Registry!

It's me, Rabbit, I promise.
      Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Dubber-GLI View Post
      NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      Only ****ty part is that it's a 22oz that's almost 10%. On a kale a chicken salad lunch, I'm pretty warmed up. Whoops. My usual train beer just relaxes me. This bad boy is going to make me call an Uber.

I'm 33 and I have no idea what is a whatsapp. I'm down for a beer trade though. That sounds like a lot of fun. I'll check out common sense too.
      It's a text/chat app. Facebook bought it a few years ago for a boatload of money.

Common sense is great. More politics/current events. I find myself nodding in constant agreement. He's a true independent and it's both refreshing and frustrating to listen to.

40 Year Old Madonna Fan patrikman's Avatar

That's what I call a diet beer. Like drinking a 6pk of light beers, a third of the water and half the calories. I'm no accountant but I think it checks out.
      Quote Originally Posted by Code Red! View Post
      Why does a guy trying to shove a water bottle up his ass have anything to do with the Bay area and helping it sustain itsel.....wait nevermind.

Support Your Local Homebrewery

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaCat! View Post
      You have my attention.
      Is this a new occurrence? I'm training for STL.
      Instagram - efrie004

Red ales are good ales.

Just finished Prophets of Doom, and I'm on The American Peril right now. Great stuff.
      I'd love to get into things like that. Sadly, I don't often have time to listen to four hours, and my best opportunities would be in the car, where my system doesn't pick up a song/podcast in progress if you listen to something else. For example, I may listen to 45 minutes or so. Going to the radio is fine, the podcast will pick back up where I left off. But I can't listen to another song on my USB without having to start over, and my Stync system doesn't pick up a particular song/podcast when you come back to it, nor does the Forward button function work like some others, where you can hold it down and "fast forward" to where you were before. Do those podcasts come broken down into chapters or something, or is it one straight multi-hour file?

Is there an easy way to break files like that down into chapters?
      Quote Originally Posted by jamie@vwvortex
      I'm not grouping everyone together - I would have said everyone in this forum is a moron.

That's what I call a diet beer. Like drinking a 6pk of light beers, a third of the water and half the calories. I'm no accountant but I think it checks out.
      I really screwed up beer in my early 20's. I'd drink 18 bud lights for $12 trying to get hammered. I could have bought six triple IPA's for $12 and gotten just as wrecked on a fraction of the calories.

It's a text/chat app. Facebook bought it a few years ago for a boatload of money.

Common sense is great. More politics/current events. I find myself nodding in constant agreement. He's a true independent and it's both refreshing and frustrating to listen to.
      Common Sense sounds good. I'll add it to the rotation. I have about two hours a day to fill in with Podcasts or music, and I've gotten bored with a lot of the car podcasts I listen to.

Can PM's hit multiple inboxes at once? I'd rather one group PM than have another thing to check for beer friends.
      Brendan told me to get the best discount, I had to send dick pics. I thought this was standard car buying practice.

Quote Originally Posted by DonL View Post
      I'd love to get into things like that. Sadly, I don't often have time to listen to four hours, and my best opportunities would be in the car, where my system doesn't pick up a song/podcast in progress if you listen to something else. For example, I may listen to 45 minutes or so. Going to the radio is fine, the podcast will pick back up where I left off. But I can't listen to another song on my USB without having to start over, and my Stync system doesn't pick up a particular song/podcast when you come back to it, nor does the Forward button function work like some others, where you can hold it down and "fast forward" to where you were before. Do those podcasts come broken down into chapters or something, or is it one straight multi-hour file?

Is there an easy way to break files like that down into chapters?
      Nope, it's one solid chunk of content, no chapters or file breaks.

Does bluetoothing it solve the issue? My Chevys headunit is more pissy wired in via USB, but it doesn't GAF what's streaming in via Bluetooth.

Holy Andy Christ this family rocked Bohemian Rhapsody. Hilarious.

Instagram - efrie004

The damage has been done.

Instagram - efrie004

Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      Holy Andy Christ this family rocked Bohemian Rhapsody. Hilarious.
      Stahp. Enough teasing. Tease.

One of my pieces will be on the auction block next month. I excited!

The Offikial Random Observations and CSB Thread

Nope, it's one solid chunk of content, no chapters or file breaks.

Does bluetoothing it solve the issue? My Chevys headunit is more pissy wired in via USB, but it doesn't GAF what's streaming in via Bluetooth.

The iOS podcast app syncs across my work and personal phones, so it just picks up where i left off. I use an aux input in my car though. I'll also listen while tidying the kitchen or doing dishes on a Bluetooth speaker through my Amazon Dot.

That said, common sense podcasts aren't the marathons that hardcore history are. They're generally about an hour long.

Banned
      Welp was bound to happen, a coworker saw I had vortex up and they're like no way what's your sn?

Quote Originally Posted by jnm2.0t View Post
      Welp was bound to happen, a coworker saw I had vortex up and they're like no way what's your sn?
      You should have said "oh wow I'm Sold Over Sticker who are you?"

The Offikial Random Observations and CSB Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jnm2.0t View Post
      Just say you're reading to get info on a potential car purchase.

There's a guy in my office with an early 2000s RS6. I'm convinced he's on here but don't know him well enough to ask. Maybe I'll check the RS subs at some point.

A few years ago I pieced together that an old
      coworker of mine was on here. PM'd him to confirm and sure enough I was right. The guy sat right next to me for a year.

Just say you're reading to get info on a potential car purchase.

There's a guy in my office with an early 2000s RS6. I'm convinced he's on here but don't know him well enough to ask. Maybe I'll check the RS subs at some point.

A few years ago I pieced together that an old
      coworker of mine was on here. PM'd him to confirm and sure enough I was right. The guy sat right next to me for a year.
      I actually met a TCL'er through my Abarth thread when he mentioned in that thread that he saw me in traffic after I posted the car on paper plates. That's how he knew it was me.

Turns out we both work at the airport but he's on the other side of campus. Happened to run into him in my building when he was here for a meeting, but I haven't seen him since.
      Off Topikstan CSB Thread, First Responder (c) 2013
      Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      Good point. I look like that when I lose my place in line at the grocery store. Can't imagine what would happen to my face if I lost $64M.

Just say you're reading to get info on a potential car purchase. .
      Exactly.

What's my screenname to what?
      Vortex.
      What's that?
      The site you're on.
      Is that what this is? This was just one of the results when I Googled "Milana Vayntrub."

Banned
      You should have said "oh wow I'm Sold Over Sticker who are you?"
      No I told him oh man that site... It's a total time sink, ignore everything I say on there

Thanks efrie. Now I am searching for karaoke in Austin tomorrow night. Supersuckers are playing Saturday, so hopefully some Vortexers (like mad8vskills, NeverEnoughCars, etc.) will trek on over for musak.

Quote Originally Posted by welderdood View Post
      One of my pieces will be on the auction block next month. I excited!
      Congrats!

Just finished Prophets of Doom, and I'm on The American Peril right now. Great stuff.
      If you haven't already, listen to his Common Sense podcast.
      I have Blueprint for Armageddon saved as a playlist for background noise. Horrific stuff, but fascinating at the same time.

I bought Ghost of the Ostfront for my next big road trip.
      Quote Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post
      There is an area of a normal brain that lets the owner know the object works and needs to be left alone. Not all of us have it. It is like being colorblind.

40 Year Old Madonna Fan patrikman's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      Thanks efrie. Now I am searching for karaoke in Austin tomorrow night. Supersuckers are playing Saturday, so hopefully some Vortexers (like mad8vskills, NeverEnoughCars, etc.) will trek on over for musak.
      And Sonderwunsch too?

(just figured out who that is)
      Quote Originally Posted by Code Red! View Post
      Why does a guy trying to shove a water bottle up his ass have anything to do with the Bay area and helping it sustain itsel.....wait nevermind.

Support Your Local Homebrewery

Page 3343 of 3832 FirstFirst ... 23432843324332933333333933403341334233433344334533463347335333933443 ... LastLast