GTI MkVII wheel thread - Page 64
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    Page 64 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768 ... LastLast
    Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 1810
      Quote Originally Posted by jmc_automatic View Post
      Awesome thank you! That poke in the front isn't as bad as I thought it'd be. I don't plan on dropping it anytime soon and if I do it'll just be VWR springs so rubbing shouldn't be a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Yep that is also my plan! I saw someone run 17x8 ET35 of the same wheel with a drop and it's more then perfect!

I just went through every page on this thread and I'm loving the setups you guys are running but I'm also seeing a boatload of white, red, gray, and black Mk7s but I'm not feeling the Midnight Blue love lol I would absolutely love to see a Midnight Blue GTI (preferably a 4 door) with either 1552 Tarmac, 3SDM 0.05, or some Rotiform BLQ wheels (preferably in white if it's offered)

Quote Originally Posted by aoj2108 View Post
      I just went through every page on this thread and I'm loving the setups you guys are running but I'm also seeing a boatload of white, red, gray, and black Mk7s but I'm not feeling the Midnight Blue love lol I would absolutely love to see a Midnight Blue GTI (preferably a 4 door) with either 1552 Tarmac, 3SDM 0.05, or some Rotiform BLQ wheels (preferably in white if it's offered)
      You buy 'em for me, and I'll take some pics!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDad View Post
      You buy 'em for me, and I'll take some pics!

What he said^

Hey Guys! I'm slightly new to this forum. I just picked up my first VW, a golf Comfort line sitting on 16 inch stock Toronto alloys and running continental pro contacts.
      I'm planing to lower them using the lowering springs sold on the official VW website (about 25 to 30 mm) and install 18inch rims.

First question, anyone has the same/similar setup? I just want to see how my car would look ?

Second Question, I'm in Canada so how much can I sell my 16inch tires and rims set privately ?

Thanks in advance. ::thumpup::

Quote Originally Posted by big_bull View Post
      Hey Guys! I'm slightly new to this forum. I just picked up my first VW, a golf Comfort line sitting on 16 inch stock Toronto alloys and running continental pro contacts.
      I'm planing to lower them using the lowering springs sold on the official VW website (about 25 to 30 mm) and install 18inch rims.

First question, anyone has the same/similar setup? I just want to see how my car would look ?
      Welcome to the forum!

An older picture when my car was on VWR spring wich are also about an 1" drop although the wheels pictured here are 19's.

This is also my car on adjustable suspension at about 25-30mm drop with 18" wheels...sorry for the shamefully dirty potato picture

Second Question, I'm in Canada so how much can I sell my 16inch tires and rims set privately ?

Selling your stockers are going to be a tough sell but I think I would be inclined to save then and install some winter tires on your stock wheels and sell the tires on Kijiji. You might be luck and sell them for $200-500 depending on your market.
      MK3 TT RS Commission #NA2497 delivery end of June = Hurry up and wait!

CLICK HERE FOR MY IS38 GTI BUILD THREAD

found this on the other forum, but here is a golf with Driver Gear springs and 18" wheels: http://i.imgur.com/cYzFj1I.jpg?1

As for your original take-offs, I would expect you can get about $350-400US for 16" steel wheels with new tires and hubcaps

Quote Originally Posted by Cale262 View Post
      Welcome to the forum!

An older picture when my car was on VWR spring wich are also about an 1" drop although the wheels pictured here are 19's.

This is also my car on adjustable suspension at about 25-30mm drop with 18" wheels...sorry for the shamefully dirty potato picture

Selling your stockers are going to be a tough sell but I think I would be inclined to save then and install some winter tires on your stock wheels and sell the tires on Kijiji. You might be luck and sell them for $200-500 depending on your market.
      Thanks for the quick reply! That definitely helped.

What 18 inch wheels are you running in the second picture ? Would be able to attach a link please ? I'm looking into something of the same spoke design.

I've seen your build thread btw, amazing job on the GTI ! :thumb up:

Quote Originally Posted by am215 View Post
      found this on the other forum, but here is a golf with Driver Gear springs and 18" wheels: http://i.imgur.com/cYzFj1I.jpg?1

As for your original take-offs, I would expect you can get about $350-400US for 16" steel wheels with new tires and hubcaps
      Thanks for the reply! I just feel that the resell value of the rims and tires would greatly depend on the market prices in my area. But you gave me a good starting point to do my research.
      :thumpup:

Thanks for the quick reply! That definitely helped.

What 18 inch wheels are you running in the second picture ? Would be able to attach a link please ? I'm looking into something of the same spoke design.

I've seen your build thread btw, amazing job on the GTI ! :thumb up:

Those appear to be HRE FF15's on the car of a baller!

Haha, just looked em up, definitely baller wheels

Some clubsport rim goodness😍

My new O.Z Superturismo LM wheels.

French guy living in Texas, driving a German car and selling Italian steeds...
      www.ferrariofaustin.net

Since the guy above just got Superturismo LMs I had to get rid of mine in favour of these..

Last edited by SK VeeDubR; 04-22-2017 at 02:29 AM.
      Interested in a custom OEM+ Short Shift Lever? Check out what I do here at Shorty's Shift Levers for VW

As a person within 2 days of picking up a new GTI Sport MT, I still cannot get past the fact that the 2-door Golfs look so much better it's ridiculous. This is a personal thing of course, but it pisses me off beyond words that we (those of us in the US) cannot buy a 2-door GTI or R. I "get" that the demand just isn't there to justify producing 2-door cars in Mexico for this market, but VW AG is still knocking out 2-door R's in Germany, so the cost of making them available would be negligible. End of rant.

BBS LM 154 on Golf R

Hi all,

Sold my Mk6 R, replaced with Mk7 R. Kept my BBS LM 154's.

Rough attempt at fitting on my 7R with 235/40/19, won't work.
      154's; 5x112, 32ET
      They're gonna rub.

What rubber would fit best. I realize I'm gonna have a bit of poke, and I'm ok with it. I'll be buying some updated/better mudflaps.

Would 215/40/19 work? 225/35/19?
      Tire feedback, would be much appreciated.

pics below

Thanks!
      Cam

Old 6R

Facing; not actually mounted

Looking from front

Looking down

LOL, yes, HRE FF15's

Quote Originally Posted by RennWerks View Post
      As a person within 2 days of picking up a new GTI Sport MT, I still cannot get past the fact that the 2-door Golfs look so much better it's ridiculous. This is a personal thing of course, but it pisses me off beyond words that we (those of us in the US) cannot buy a 2-door GTI or R. I "get" that the demand just isn't there to justify producing 2-door cars in Mexico for this market, but VW AG is still knocking out 2-door R's in Germany, so the cost of making them available would be negligible. End of rant.
      Yeah, it doesnt make much sense at all since the 2 door cars are still available for the Canadian market which is incredibly small compared to the US market. I personally believe that the GTI and R should only be available in 2dr, especially the GTI as it is the lineage that the GTI was the original hot hatch...I cant see how a 4dr fits into the hot hatch segment, I know its a personal choice but IMO GTI & R should stay two to the hot hatch model.
      Last edited by Cale262; 04-22-2017 at 01:36 AM.
      MK3 TT RS Commission #NA2497 delivery end of June = Hurry up and wait!

CLICK HERE FOR MY IS38 GTI BUILD THREAD

LOL, yes, HRE FF15's

Yeah, it doesnt make much sense at all since the 2 door cars are still available for the Canadian market which is incredibly small compared to the US market. I personally believe that the GTI and R should only be available in 2dr, especially the GTI as it is the lineage that the GTI was the original hot hatch...I cant see how a 4dr fits into the hot hatch segment, I know its a personal choice but IMO GTI & R should stay two to the hot hatch model.

This combo = teh sechs!!
      Interested in a custom OEM+ Short Shift Lever? Check out what I do here at Shorty's Shift Levers for VW

Quote Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
      Hi all,

Sold my Mk6 R, replaced with Mk7 R. Kept my BBS LM 154's.

Rough attempt at fitting on my 7R with 235/40/19, won't work.
      154's; 5x112, 32ET
      They're gonna rub.

What rubber would fit best. I realize I'm gonna have a bit of poke, and I'm ok with it. I'll be buying some updated/better mudflaps.

Would 215/40/19 work? 225/35/19?
      How wide are the wheels?

You always want a 35 series sidewall with 19" tires.

GTI MkVII wheel thread

This is a 225/35 and they're not rubber bands by any means.

225/35s on 19x8.5 ET45.

Spacers in the rear. (12.5mm I believe)

Clubsport knock-offs.

18x8 35 offset

If I went with VWR or the like springs and have 235 tires on these do I need to roll my fenders?

Top-down from the front: Dat poke tho...

2016 GTI SE 4-door 6MT with Performance Pack and GTI S Clark Plaid seats.
      GFB Diverter+ Valve; APR Turbo Muffler Delete; 18x8 GTI Clubsport pattern wheels; Ed's 'GTI' HIDs;
      Cobb Tuning Shift Knob with custom seat fabric shift boot

Quote Originally Posted by Gone Plaid View Post
      Clubsport knock-offs.

18x8 35 offset

If I went with VWR or the like springs and have 235 tires on these do I need to roll my fenders?

Top-down from the front: Dat poke tho...

They look nice.

Thanks! I quite like them as well.
      2016 GTI SE 4-door 6MT with Performance Pack and GTI S Clark Plaid seats.
      GFB Diverter+ Valve; APR Turbo Muffler Delete; 18x8 GTI Clubsport pattern wheels; Ed's 'GTI' HIDs;
      Cobb Tuning Shift Knob with custom seat fabric shift boot

Quote Originally Posted by PSU View Post

225/35s on 19x8.5 ET45.

Spacers in the rear. (12.5mm I believe)
      Supermade!!
      2016 VW GTI S 2-door Reflex Silver 6-spd
      2014 VW Passat S 1.8 TSI

Page 64 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768 ... LastLast