GTI MkVII wheel thread - Page 3
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
      Mine with Vossen CV3 8.5x19" ET 45 235/35 19

- 2014 Golf GTI
      - 2002 Golf 1.9 TDI 150PD 4-MOTION
      x 1991 Golf GL 1.6td Intercooler
      x 2007 Golf R TSI Nr.96

Hartmann HLP-410
      19X8.5 ET45
      12mm rear spacers

On ST-XTA coilovers

Night Blue 2014 MK7 GTI DSG | Build thread here
      Bull-X Cat-less DP | Custom Catback | HF Series CAI | HF Series Intercooler | Snow Performance W\M Injection | EuroDyne Stage 2 91

249WHP - 265WTQ on Mustang Dyno (Old setup with shark peformance tune box)

Quote Originally Posted by aloha R32 View Post
      Just put down a deposit on a Reflex Silver, Autobahn, Lighting Package and DSG for September delivery.
      I accually like the new factory wheels. The only way I would switch them out is if the dealer bought my factory wheels.
      But those VMR V710's are so sexxy.
      that was my exact thought process when it came to the wheel situation on the MK7

I had some Talladega reps I bought back in 2010 that I was going to get fixed up and put on the GTI, but trading the factory rims for 710's was going to be a lot cheaper. and there you have it

Quote Originally Posted by Wiredin View Post
      that was my exact thought process when it came to the wheel situation on the MK7

I had some Talladega reps I bought back in 2010 that I was going to get fixed up and put on the GTI, but trading the factory rims for 710's was going to be a lot cheaper. and there you have it
      Can I ask what Talladega reps you had? Love those wheels and considering getting some for my car. Unfortunately, most OEM ones for sale these days aren't pristine and/or are too pricy.
      2015 GTI | Autobahn | CSG | DSG | LP | OEM+ | Delivered June 2, 2014

S F L M K 7 / / /

A D A M S H E I K H . C O M

Quote Originally Posted by AdamSheikh View Post
      Can I ask what Talladega reps you had? Love those wheels and considering getting some for my car. Unfortunately, most OEM ones for sale these days aren't pristine and/or are too pricy.
      RWC / replica wheel canada

I also have a set of Audi 17" 5 spoke rims, don't recall what the style is and I can't find them on google image search that I use for my winters. I think they were the stock wheel on the 2008 Audi A4 Wagon.I almost liked them better than my Talladega's style wise...

Anyone have opinions on the VW Anthracite or Motorsport Wheels through VW?

Even better would be if someone had the invoice price on them...

Loving this thread - it's good to see what fits. Some of you have done this already, but it would help if everyone posted the exact size and offset of your wheels. I'm surprised that 8.5" wide and ET45 offset fit as well as they do. I would have expected that size to poke. The MKVII wheel wells must be pretty large.
      2016 GTI SE Performance Pack
      2013 Tig SEL

Quote Originally Posted by vr61997 View Post
      That looks awesome.

Seems as though this style of wheel looks incredibly good on this car. Has become a popular style. Would like to see some true BBS CH-R's

Quote Originally Posted by erick.s View Post
      Loving this thread - it's good to see what fits. Some of you have done this already, but it would help if everyone posted the exact size and offset of your wheels. I'm surprised that 8.5" wide and ET45 offset fit as well as they do. I would have expected that size to poke. The MKVII wheel wells must be pretty large.
      That info plus tire size and suspension set-up (stock or aftermarket) would be helpful as well.

Nice looking GTI vr6 - well done!

Post one pic of your wheel setup

It's always nice to have a mega thread where people can see what wheel setups they like or dislike. I'm still shopping for a replacement set as the GTI wheels are the only thing about the car that I completely dislike.

I'm with you! I'll soon be replacing my stock Austins with VMR 702's set to arrive this week!
      I'll post pics once I get them.

However, this thread was already created so I'm posting it for reference: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ghlight=Wheels
      CSG Mark VII GTI w/ | APR Stage 2 | | APR Downpipe | | APR Intake | | ECS Flush Kit | | VWR Springs | | Gloss Black Badgeskin Front Emblem |

VMR 710 19 x 8.5 ET45 - 235/35/19

2017 WRX
      2015 GTI SE CSG - SOLD!
      Instagram: gn4rwhals

Looks awesome! I keep going back & forth between 18" and 19" dia. I don't even have the car yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MR. HILTER View Post
      Looks awesome! I keep going back & forth between 18" and 19" dia. I don't even have the car yet.
      19's for sure, 18's look super silly on the MK7.

Unless you are slamming the car, then yeah 18's will look better IMO.
      2017 WRX
      2015 GTI SE CSG - SOLD!
      Instagram: gn4rwhals

Super Silly TSW Nurburgring 18x8 ET45 235-40/18

Obviously, these are on my Mk 6, however I like them so much (and detest the stock GTI wheels so much), that I think I will have the dealer swap them when I get my Mk 7 - and that will be when I can get cloth in an SE.

These are VW Topas wheels - 18 x 7.5:

bro's this is the mk7 forum not the 6

Quote Originally Posted by jhnr View Post
      bro's this is the mk7 forum not the 6
      You could read what he said first.

Quote Originally Posted by gn4rwhals View Post
      VMR 710 19 x 8.5 ET45 - 235/35/19

Nice!!!!
      CSG Mark VII GTI w/ | APR Stage 2 | | APR Downpipe | | APR Intake | | ECS Flush Kit | | VWR Springs | | Gloss Black Badgeskin Front Emblem |

Back in the day it was always drop before the wheels...

I personally vote for two threads - one for those with lowered/bagged cars and one for those with stock suspension. One way to avoid all of the "silliness" (no pun intended) of "moar lo" and the like... Just sayin"...

whoops, I did post this before a search. Figured if there was one it would more likely be on the first page like on the 04 R32 forum here...

Quote Originally Posted by duane2013 View Post
      Super Silly TSW Nurburgring 18x8 ET45 235-40/18

These look great.

I love the TSWs too

Quote Originally Posted by DrLandshark View Post
      Nice!!!!
      Yes, so clean!

Andy

http://www.ecstuning.com
      :: Phone: 1.800.924.5172 - Hours: Mon. - Fri. 8:00AM - 11:00PM EST Saturday 10:00AM - 7:00PM EST :: Email: sales@ecstuning.com & customerservice@ecstuning.com :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Live Chat :: Instagram

Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast