GTI MkVII wheel thread - Page 4
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Results 76 to 100 of 1605
    1. #76
      Now all I need are tires!! Suggestions on size! I'm thinking 235/35/18 or maybe 235/40/18. Probably lowering on VWR springs soon.
      CSG Mark VII GTI w/ | APR Stage 2 | | APR Downpipe | | APR Intake | | ECS Flush Kit | | VWR Springs | | Gloss Black Badgeskin Front Emblem |

    2. #77
      Member mach250's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 7th, 2005
      Location
      Tampa
      Posts
      687
      Like the 702's but not sure how they'd look with pure white....

    3. #78
      Member MR. HILTER's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 22nd, 2014
      Location
      Illinois
      Posts
      508
      Quote Originally Posted by DrLandshark View Post
      Nice rims. I would go 235/40/18.

    4. #79
      Nice choice on the 702's that's my first choice!

    5. #80


      Fitted with 235/40/18 Bridgestone potenzas. Vmr 702 gunmetal with brushed face. 18x8.5 45 mm offset


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      CSG Mark VII GTI w/ | APR Stage 2 | | APR Downpipe | | APR Intake | | ECS Flush Kit | | VWR Springs | | Gloss Black Badgeskin Front Emblem |

    6. #81
      Quote Originally Posted by DrLandshark View Post


      Fitted with 235/40/18 Bridgestone potenzas. Vmr 702 gunmetal with brushed face. 18x8.5 45 mm offset


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      We'll, well done. 235s look fantastic! Did you happen to compare weights? Just curious.

    7. #82
      Not yet, but I'll be removing the wheels soon to replace the center caps. When I do I'll weight the stock wheels and tires vs this setup and let you all know. I do remember picking up the stock wheel/tire and felt they were VERY heavy....or I'm getting weak.
      CSG Mark VII GTI w/ | APR Stage 2 | | APR Downpipe | | APR Intake | | ECS Flush Kit | | VWR Springs | | Gloss Black Badgeskin Front Emblem |

    8. #83
      Quote Originally Posted by DrLandshark View Post
      Not yet, but I'll be removing the wheels soon to replace the center caps. When I do I'll weight the stock wheels and tires vs this setup and let you all know. I do remember picking up the stock wheel/tire and felt they were VERY heavy....or I'm getting weak.
      Thanks. Very helpful.

    9. #84
      Quote Originally Posted by mostchillin View Post
      We'll, well done. 235s look fantastic! Did you happen to compare weights? Just curious.
      I think somewhere in the 48 lbs area. Wheel weight is said to be in the 25 to 26 lbs range, and tire is listed at 22 lbs on tirerack.com. Throw in wheel weights and it sounds about right.

      I've read vmrs are pretty heavy also. Maybe weight the same or a couple lbs less than stock. We should be glad they didn't stick with detroits. They were said to weight close to 30 lbs each lol.

    10. #85
      Member
      Join Date
      Nov 19th, 2012
      Location
      Dallas, TX
      Posts
      171
      235/40R18 looks better

      Quote Originally Posted by duane2013 View Post





    11. #86

    12. #87
      Quote Originally Posted by bayareavdubb33 View Post
      I think somewhere in the 48 lbs area. Wheel weight is said to be in the 25 to 26 lbs range, and tire is listed at 22 lbs on tirerack.com. Throw in wheel weights and it sounds about right.

      I've read vmrs are pretty heavy also. Maybe weight the same or a couple lbs less than stock. We should be glad they didn't stick with detroits. They were said to weight close to 30 lbs each lol.
      Thank you very much - very helpful!

      I have VMRs now and they are quite heavy thus my question... The 702s are sick but not so sure I'm prepared to ignore the weight penalty with the GTI. TDI is another story...

      Quote Originally Posted by chengong910 View Post
      235/40R18 looks better
      Indeed!
      Last edited by mostchillin; 08-23-2014 at 05:15 PM.

    13. #88
      Semi-n00b Golfdrvr's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 17th, 2011
      Location
      Toronto, Canada
      Posts
      10
      https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../photo%202.JPG

      OZ Ultraleggera in Matte Black
      18x8 45mm offset

    14. #89
      Quote Originally Posted by Golfdrvr View Post
      https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../photo%202.JPG

      OZ Ultraleggera in Matte Black
      18x8 45mm offset
      This looks good! I'm hoping more people with tornado red post pics with new wheels as I'm still waiting to find one I really like.

    15. #90
      Member vwjunky18t's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 18th, 2002
      Location
      Edina, MN
      Posts
      3,388

      Post one pic of your wheel setup





      VW Rotarys 18x7.5 with an 8mm spacer in the rear.


      Sent from my iPhone
      Last edited by vwjunky18t; 08-24-2014 at 08:45 PM.
      APR Stage 1 - SouthBend Stg 2 Daily Clutch - ECS SS Clutch Line\Bleeder Block Mod - S3 Short Shifter - ECS Engine\Pendulum Mount - 034 Insert - VWR Springs - ECS Spacers (F12.5/R17.5) - VW Rotary 18x7.5 (ET51) - Ed's HIDs - EuroSwitch w/Rear Fog - VCDS - Deautokey LEDs - Motul Lubricants

    16. #91
      more pics of Reflex Silver please....

    17. #92
      Junior Member USMC15MK7's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 17th, 2014
      Location
      Massachusetts
      Posts
      53
      love this setup... good work
      Quote Originally Posted by gn4rwhals View Post
      VMR 710 19 x 8.5 ET45 - 235/35/19


    18. #93


      19x8.5 ET45

    19. #94
      Member Mazan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 14th, 2007
      Location
      Far away...and in Texas 78557
      Posts
      1,822



      MOAR PICS PLEASE !!!!


      Quote Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post


      19x8.5 ET45
      2006 Jetta TDI with DSG - Malone Stage IV with "Free Flow Exhaust"

    20. #95
      Member
      Join Date
      Nov 19th, 2012
      Location
      Dallas, TX
      Posts
      171
      What Michelin tires are they? How do they compare to the oe Pzero?

      Quote Originally Posted by duane2013 View Post





    21. #96
      Quote Originally Posted by vwjunky18t View Post




      Sent from my iPhone
      Did you airbrush out the door seam at the back of the front door? For some reason it looks like you have one really long door with two doorhandles on it .
      2016 GTI SE Performance Pack
      2013 Tig SEL

    22. #97
      Member vwjunky18t's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 18th, 2002
      Location
      Edina, MN
      Posts
      3,388
      I don't know how that happened??? Goofy light.


      Sent from my iPhone
      APR Stage 1 - SouthBend Stg 2 Daily Clutch - ECS SS Clutch Line\Bleeder Block Mod - S3 Short Shifter - ECS Engine\Pendulum Mount - 034 Insert - VWR Springs - ECS Spacers (F12.5/R17.5) - VW Rotary 18x7.5 (ET51) - Ed's HIDs - EuroSwitch w/Rear Fog - VCDS - Deautokey LEDs - Motul Lubricants

    23. #98

      LM's ??

      Wonder how these cars would look with BBS LM's or RS's for that matter, Anyone have photoshop skills ?

    24. #99
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 11th, 2014
      Location
      Redondo Beach, CA
      Posts
      32
      Quote Originally Posted by erick.s View Post
      Did you airbrush out the door seam at the back of the front door? For some reason it looks like you have one really long door with two doorhandles on it .
      Another example of quality control in Puebla...

    25. #100
      Member
      Join Date
      Jun 24th, 2014
      Location
      Detroit, MI
      Posts
      603
      Quote Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post


      19x8.5 ET45

      Rotiform IND's are always a good choice.

      I assume KW Coilovers with 225/35/19 tire?
      2017 WRX
      2015 GTI SE CSG - SOLD!
      Instagram: gn4rwhals

    Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast