GTI MkVII wheel thread - Page 4
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    Page 4 of 72 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by gn4rwhals View Post
      VMR 710 19 x 8.5 ET45 - 235/35/19
      I have those same wheels from my B6 S4 in ET35 ... I wonder if they'll fit or poke too much?

Quote Originally Posted by duane2013 View Post
      Super Silly TSW Nurburgring 18x8 ET45 235-40/18

Love these wheels and color. Planning to put these on my CSG PP 4DR for the summer, use the stock wheels for winter tires.

I think the Stock Austins are the nicest wheels I have seen on any VW yet. (though the Watkins Glen on the 35 Edition were nice too.)

I will probably be getting a golf TDI (Not sure yet still weighing my options) but would love to pick up a set of the Austins and retrofit them on A TDI SE.

Did you guys keep your TMPS sensors or is there a way to turn them off?

Quote Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
      Did you guys keep your TMPS sensors or is there a way to turn them off?
      This generation doesn't have TPM sensors - the pressure is monitored through the ABS system.
      2016 GTI SE Performance Pack
      2013 Tig SEL

2017 WRX
      2015 GTI SE CSG - SOLD!
      Instagram: gn4rwhals

Quote Originally Posted by erick.s View Post
      This generation doesn't have TPM sensors - the pressure is monitored through the ABS system.
      Rockin, thanks!

2015 Golf TSI 1.8T Pure White w/Sport Package Body Kit,
      Sunroof, Fender Audio, Madrid Wheels.
      2006 Harley Davidson Dyna Super Glide

Can you post a shot from the rear?

The thread said one pic, lol. No problem though, do you want a 3/4 shot or full on rear, shot showing the rear but from the side slightly to see wheel gap offset etc?

Thanks everyone who posted kind words, the wheels really do look fantastic in person.

Lol I know... surprise me! Just trying to see what that offset looks like as those are the specs of the wheels I am putting on. Appreciate it

Pics of vmr 702's on csg mark VII are coming soon!
      CSG Mark VII GTI w/ | APR Stage 2 | | APR Downpipe | | APR Intake | | ECS Flush Kit | | VWR Springs | | Gloss Black Badgeskin Front Emblem |

CSG Mark VII GTI w/ | APR Stage 2 | | APR Downpipe | | APR Intake | | ECS Flush Kit | | VWR Springs | | Gloss Black Badgeskin Front Emblem |

Now all I need are tires!! Suggestions on size! I'm thinking 235/35/18 or maybe 235/40/18. Probably lowering on VWR springs soon.

Like the 702's but not sure how they'd look with pure white....

Quote Originally Posted by DrLandshark View Post
      Nice rims. I would go 235/40/18.

Nice choice on the 702's that's my first choice!

Fitted with 235/40/18 Bridgestone potenzas. Vmr 702 gunmetal with brushed face. 18x8.5 45 mm offset

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fitted with 235/40/18 Bridgestone potenzas. Vmr 702 gunmetal with brushed face. 18x8.5 45 mm offset

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      We'll, well done. 235s look fantastic! Did you happen to compare weights? Just curious.

Not yet, but I'll be removing the wheels soon to replace the center caps. When I do I'll weight the stock wheels and tires vs this setup and let you all know. I do remember picking up the stock wheel/tire and felt they were VERY heavy....or I'm getting weak.

Not yet, but I'll be removing the wheels soon to replace the center caps. When I do I'll weight the stock wheels and tires vs this setup and let you all know. I do remember picking up the stock wheel/tire and felt they were VERY heavy....or I'm getting weak.
      Thanks. Very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by mostchillin View Post
      We'll, well done. 235s look fantastic! Did you happen to compare weights? Just curious.
      I think somewhere in the 48 lbs area. Wheel weight is said to be in the 25 to 26 lbs range, and tire is listed at 22 lbs on tirerack.com. Throw in wheel weights and it sounds about right.

I've read vmrs are pretty heavy also. Maybe weight the same or a couple lbs less than stock. We should be glad they didn't stick with detroits. They were said to weight close to 30 lbs each lol.

235/40R18 looks better

Page 4 of 72 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast