VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

EAA Engineering is now a Vibra-Technics Distributor!

54K views 33 replies 14 participants last post by  CallawayV 
#1 · (Edited)
EAA Engineering is happy to announce we have recently made an agreement with Vibra Technics to become a USA distributor. VT is/was the original supplier for VW Motorsports engine mounts.

Each of these mounts is an engineering masterpiece and will greatly enhance your VW. There are options for street cars, as well as dedicated race cars. Check out the website for more details and why rubber is a better material choice vs. polyurethane for engine and transmission mounts!

Contact us for details and/or to make a purchase. We'll be carrying most of the MK2 line and will have pricing up soon. support@eaaengineering.com :thumbup:

http://www.vibra-technics.co.uk/vw/golf_jetta_mk_ii

Now up on the site for purchase: http://www.eaaengineering.com/new-products/

#7 · (Edited)
Hi Larry

We did include a few sets of those in our initial stock order (which will be here tomorrow) if you want to give it a shot.

P.S. rev 2 on the ABF upper bracket will be ready this week; we'll get one off to you. :thumbup:

#8 · (Edited)
#10 · (Edited)
#17 ·
Yes, worth it! It's the last mount you'll ever buy. Only buy the road version though. I only ran the front mount on a g60 and it transmitted all the vibration through the softer, uprated (harder durometer), OE mounts. g60racer discovered that ALL THREE have to be run in order to isolate and stop the noise/vibration completely. They do a damn good job when used on every mount.

For the time, labor, replacement cost, replacement labor (time), these will pay you back over the long haul. He’s got a spectacular price compared to what I paid 10 years ago.

#18 · (Edited)
More Vibra-Tecknics products for for MK2 Golf/Jetta 8v / 16v!

Transmission Mount, Road Level - - $115 shipped continental 48

A-arm Bushings - - $149 shipped continental 48, per pair

Complete MK2 Engine Mount Kit - - $499 shipped continental 48

Includes all three of the road level mounts:
1) Front engine
2) Rear engine
3) Transmission

#20 ·
We responded to your IM. We have them installed on our Solo II car, and they're awesome.

Carbon copy of our response to your question about 'twitchyness':

If they were polyurethane, I'd say yea there's a chance of that, but no these shouldn't. They will, however, tighten things up dramatically, and help with eliminating some of the dynamic toe that you get during hard cornering w/the stock bushings. I say that because that is our experience in the Jetta.

#28 ·
Just realized that I never posted an update for the rear beam bushings. :banghead:

Pressed the bushings in myself, much easier to deal with than oem.
As far as I can tell they added zero NVH to the car, which while not a priority is nice. :thumbup:
Totally tightened up the rear end, more nor side to side sway after hot lane changes. The whole car is just more predictable, recommend to anyone. :beer: