VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Saw it, Drove it, Bought it!

16K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  CC'ed 
#1 ·
Okay, let me start by clarifying that I didn't actually buy one, but my fiance did. I did however drive it! I was very impressed, having driven a few other compact luxury SUV's (Q5, RDX, etc.), I found the ride to be very nice, and the size to be rather manageable. We're going to pick up my fiance's Cortina White Q3 next week, so I'll be sure to update with pictures, but I just wanted to start an actual (co-) owner's thread. Looking forward to hopefully seeing more posts in this forum from other owners!:wave:

#5 ·
The car isn't in yet sadly. It was in transport when we went in and put a deposit down. We're going by tonight to deal with the trade-in, so if it's there i'll snap some pics :)

#6 · (Edited)
The horsepower/torque specs (200/207) make me feel like this is the same 2.0T in the Mk6 Jetta GLI and not the newer 2.0T in the MQB cars. Why is that given the Q3 is a MQB vehicle? Edit: Got my question answered. The platform is the PQ35 and not MQB. Really disappointing.

Congrats on the new purchase(s) by the way. I think the Q3 looks better than anything else in that class.

#7 ·
I got to drive one yesterday, briefly, and I have to say, I was very impressed. I know it's not the new platform (whatever that's really worth) and the lower horsepower engine than the new MQB's 2.0T but it still felt plenty capable and very nimble on twisty roads. If the leasing works out well, I really think a Prestige model is in my future...

Edit: Got my question answered. The platform is the PQ35 and not MQB. Really disappointing.

#12 ·
Beautiful! Congratulations!

I haven't driven one yet, but am looking at one for my wife. The dealer tells me that the MMI Screen does not retract (as in does in the A3/A6 line). Can you clarify for me if it does or not?

Thank you!
That is indeed correct, the screen does not fold/retract at all. It's a bit disappointing, but IMHO not that big of a deal.

#18 ·
Maybe it is a US Spec. thing? The pictures below is taken off of AudiUSA.com. under “Q3 Interior Views”.

My wife currently drives a 2010 VW Tiguan and it has been a fabulous vehicle. We are just looking for a replacement as it is now approaching five years old. Even though in does only have 21K miles on it.

#23 ·
2017 Q3 still comes with the Gen-1 EA888 2.0T engine.....that is not a bad thing. It would be nice if they gave it the new 8 speed automatic that the new MBQ Tiguan got.

Concerning the Small Overlap crash test results of the PQ35 based Q3, it is much better than Tiguan, or any other PQ35 based chassis, as Audi made some significant structural changes when the Q3 model was developed in 2011. Surprisingly, these changes were not shared with the Tiguan chassis, its most similar PQ35 sibling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.