MIB2 Update now available... - Page 3
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Results 51 to 62 of 62
    1. #51
      Member
      Join Date
      Apr 22nd, 1999
      Location
      Canada
      Posts
      523

      Not for my VIN

      Quote Originally Posted by nekoian8 View Post
      USA only. Canada update coming?

      The update came out in early Feb/16 for Canada. When I inquired about getting this applied at my dealer, it turns out that the update wasn't assigned to my car's VIN. According to the 91N9 TSB, our car meets the criteria. When the car goes in for it's service I will see what the dealer can do. I have the randomly disappearing sub-woofer slider, and I have a couple issues with Bluetooth that the 91N9 TSB reportedly takes care of.

      H.
      2016 Golf Sportwagon 1.8 TSI/Auto Comfortline w/ Sight & Sound in Silk Blue
      2010 Triumph Speedmaster with TTP Tune in Black with New England White

    2. #52
      Semi-n00b
      Join Date
      Aug 12th, 2015
      Location
      Toronto
      Posts
      11
      Quote Originally Posted by Hyates View Post
      The update came out in early Feb/16 for Canada. When I inquired about getting this applied at my dealer, it turns out that the update wasn't assigned to my car's VIN. According to the 91N9 TSB, our car meets the criteria. When the car goes in for it's service I will see what the dealer can do. I have the randomly disappearing sub-woofer slider, and I have a couple issues with Bluetooth that the 91N9 TSB reportedly takes care of.

      H.
      Do you have the PDF for this TSB?

      Thanks

    3. #53
      Member
      Join Date
      Apr 22nd, 1999
      Location
      Canada
      Posts
      523

      Here...

      Here's a link to the TSB...

      http://www.goapr.com/support/tsb/91n...lletinver2.pdf

      Actually, I now see that it has been revised for USA only.

      H.
      Last edited by Hyates; 03-01-2016 at 02:50 PM.
      2016 Golf Sportwagon 1.8 TSI/Auto Comfortline w/ Sight & Sound in Silk Blue
      2010 Triumph Speedmaster with TTP Tune in Black with New England White

    4. #54
      n00b YoYoRower's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 23rd, 2015
      Location
      SE - Wisconsin
      Posts
      9
      Any further thoughts from those that got the update?

      Just this past weekend I got a notice for my 16' GTI SE that it was eligible so I figured make an appointment. Haven't found a lot of complaining about the update making things worse...
      I'd be thrilled if it would fix the appconnect feature. That connection loop is some BS.

    5. #55

      Just got a letter in mail

      I also just got a letter from VW saying that I will need to schedule an appointment to get the update.

    6. #56
      Member
      Join Date
      May 26th, 2006
      Location
      Near Montreal
      Posts
      986
      Quote Originally Posted by YoYoRower View Post
      Any further thoughts from those that got the update?

      Just this past weekend I got a notice for my 16' GTI SE that it was eligible so I figured make an appointment. Haven't found a lot of complaining about the update making things worse...
      I'd be thrilled if it would fix the appconnect feature. That connection loop is some BS.
      I had my update done last Friday so it's too soon to tell, but so far so good. My last iOS update on my iPhone also was a big help at curing some occasional glitches. One weird one was Apple Maps displaying on its side on the display, from time to time. No amount of turning the phone would help. The only thing that worked was shutting everything down and trying again later. That hasn't recurred since the iOS update. The other frequent issue was the car not recognizing the phone.

    7. #57
      Member allroadstomtl's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 22nd, 2011
      Location
      Montreal
      Posts
      218
      Just dropped in to my dealer here in montreal today to resolve problems with Bluetooth. They updated the mib2 and now all the issues eliminated. Now a pleasure to connect, an ah ha moment !
      2016 Golf GSW TSi : Tungsten Silv : JB1 : GTi rear sway bar : tints : clear bra : SS rear bumper guard : f/r flaps : oem cross bars : thule 2100 atlantis : torklift hitch : pilot sport A/S 3+

    8. #58
      Went to Heritage VW in Parkville to have this and a couple of other services performed.

      They said this update did not apply:
      http://www.goapr.com/support/tsb/91n...lletinver2.pdf

      The alternative was to leave the car for them to troubleshoot--I passed on this.

      On further review at home--I supplied the link above and a photo of my MIB2 software version to the dealership, stating that the update appeared to apply and asked what I was misunderstanding. They said they would get back to me. They didn't--I followed up 3 more times during the next 6 weeks--no effort was made to respond to me.

      Made an appointment with Heritage VW in Catonsville--I took the TSB in, provided them with the same information I provided to Heritage VW Parkville. They took my car. 90 minutes later, as I was sitting in the lobby, Android Auto spontaneously fired up on my phone--I couldn't see it, but they pulled the car into the service bay 30' away--My car was ready and connected to BT and AA through the walls.

      Hardware: 620
      Software: updated from 0597 to 613

      So far, I've had no connection issues with an HTC One M8 running Marshmallow. I'll update this as needed.

    9. #59
      Quote Originally Posted by Blurider View Post
      Went to Heritage VW in Parkville to have this and a couple of other services performed.

      They said this update did not apply:
      http://www.goapr.com/support/tsb/91n...lletinver2.pdf

      The alternative was to leave the car for them to troubleshoot--I passed on this.

      On further review at home--I supplied the link above and a photo of my MIB2 software version to the dealership, stating that the update appeared to apply and asked what I was misunderstanding. They said they would get back to me. They didn't--I followed up 3 more times during the next 6 weeks--no effort was made to respond to me.

      Made an appointment with Heritage VW in Catonsville--I took the TSB in, provided them with the same information I provided to Heritage VW Parkville. They took my car. 90 minutes later, as I was sitting in the lobby, Android Auto spontaneously fired up on my phone--I couldn't see it, but they pulled the car into the service bay 30' away--My car was ready and connected to BT and AA through the walls.

      Hardware: 620
      Software: updated from 0597 to 613

      So far, I've had no connection issues with an HTC One M8 running Marshmallow. I'll update this as needed.
      are you saying usb cable no longer required for android auto?

      Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

    10. #60
      Member wolfsbeard's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 17th, 2003
      Location
      Norcross, GA
      Posts
      604
      Quote Originally Posted by Blurider View Post
      as I was sitting in the lobby, Android Auto spontaneously fired up on my phone
      Quote Originally Posted by aunsafe2015 View Post
      are you saying usb cable no longer required for android auto?
      This could happen if the Android Auto application is instructed to launch when a bluetooth connection to the car is established. This setting can be accessed within the Android Auto app on the phone. As far as I know, a wireless operation of Android Auto integrated into the car's screen is not supported.
      signature goes here

    11. #61
      Does anyone know if there's been any new updates to the MIB II system? If currently have 613 and still see a lot of bugs with AA connection, AA delays, etc. I currently have software version 0613 which I believe is the latest, but that seems now to be over a year old.

      Is there a place on the net that lists the latest MIB II software versions?

      Thanks,

      smithmal

    12. #62
      Went to the dealer today for something else. Questioned about my MIBII software version and they indicated that version 0613 for my hardware (620) is the latest and greatest....

      smithmal

    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123