Armed Militia Occupy National Forest HQ in Oregon
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast
      I hibernate. Just like the Turtles! GoHomePossum's Avatar

Armed Militia Occupy National Forest HQ in Oregon

They are protesting the imprisonment of ranchers who have resisted BLM policies. Basically Bundy Ranch situation again.

https://www.rt.com/usa/327762-armed-...egon-ranchers/

I now have an InstaGram: emmettlodge

This will end well.
      Salt Lake City was not discovered by Dracula and the shark people.

"I can't do whatever I want, whenever I want? TYRANNY, we gonna rise up and power the people!"
      Quote Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post
      There is an area of a normal brain that lets the owner know the object works and needs to be left alone. Not all of us have it. It is like being colorblind.

When I saw the OP, I was curious what Black Lives Matter have to do with ranchers.

When do we send Nation Guard to clean this up? Arm rebellion.

I recall in another article that the rancher's family wants the Bundys to just GTFO b/c they're just making things worse.

Quote Originally Posted by TM87 View Post
      When do we send Nation Guard to clean this up? Arm rebellion.
      Basically, we don't. Unless and until the shooting starts. Sending in the NG now, would ramp this up to a level nobody wants.
      JMHO
      Somewhere, in an alternate universe, Jennifer Lawson is masturbating to your leaked internet photos.

I'm Asian. So if the feds or the local government wrongs my family, let say abusing eminent domain to take away our home or something like that, will the Bundys support my family? Show up armed to the teeth? Of course not!!!

Just send in the FBI sniper team.

Quote Originally Posted by mx5er View Post
      I'm Asian. So if the feds or the local government wrongs my family, let say abusing eminent domain to take away our home or something like that, will the Bundys support my family? Show up armed to the teeth? Of course not!!!

This is the part that's so hilarious. They didn't take any land. The ranchers have been using government land for raising cattle for free, and now the BLM says they're no longer permitted to. "What??? I can't take someone else's stuff for free???? TYRANNY!!"

Does anyone read before posting?

This isn't about the Bundys, they just happen to be there.

In this case the rancers started a fire to kill an invasive species, they did so at the risk of the fire leaving their property and it did.

They were tried for arson and found guilty, the judge sentenced them to less then federal minimum sentence, they served their time but the feds sued to have them serve the minimum sentence. They are being taken back to prison again on monday, this started as a protest to them having to go back to jail after having served the term determined by the judge.

The blm is involved because they made the charge of arson to federal land...

These guys are going about this the wrong way, but at least they aren't burning down their own city.

Quote Originally Posted by kar_nut View Post
      This is the part that's so hilarious. They didn't take any land. The ranchers have been using government land for raising cattle for free, and now the BLM says they're no longer permitted to. "What??? I can't take someone else's stuff for free???? TYRANNY!!"
      This is the part thats so hilarious.

They were paying the government the fees required, till the government no longer wanted to cooperate with them and upped the fee and reduced the usage till they were unable to continue a to make a living.

It wasn't about collecting the fee, it was and is about getting rid of the ranchers in the area.they know there is no way they could continue on with only the land they own, they know that leasing for cattle grazing is vital to their existence, they have the ranchers by the balls and they know it.

It's funny as hell to me, most of the people so against the Bundys are also against meat raised in factory like conditions rather then being allowed to graze.. its like there's a serious disconnect about where and how cattle is actually raised, and the potential issues the rancher has to face.

Seriously where do some of you think that expensive meat from the high end grocery comes from? What do you think the people who raise it have to deal with?

And all on the day before the best gun salesman in years meets with the best gun promoter in years to discuss new Executive Orders to sell more guns...

This is going to end well.

Quote Originally Posted by dj age one View Post

They were paying the government the fees required, till the government no longer wanted to cooperate with them and upped the fee and reduced the usage till they were unable to continue a to make a living.

It wasn't about collecting the fee, it was and is about getting rid of the ranchers in the area.they know there is no way they could continue on with only the land they own, they know that leasing for cattle grazing is vital to their existence, they have the ranchers by the balls and they know it.

It's funny as hell to me, most of the people so against the Bundys are also against meat raised in factory like conditions rather then being allowed to graze.. its like there's a serious disconnect about where and how cattle is actually raised, and the potential issues the rancher has to face.

Seriously where do some of you think that expensive meat from the high end grocery comes from? What do you think the people who raise it have to deal with?
      You sound like a conspiracy theorist in the making. You do know that fees rise over time, right? And that with the case of government entities, it's usually in one big reactive lump when they finally look at how much money they are losing?

But no, it's all about a plot to run people off land.
      Quote Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post
      There is an area of a normal brain that lets the owner know the object works and needs to be left alone. Not all of us have it. It is like being colorblind.

What's hilarious to me is that the government is basically using free marketeering, capitalist tactics and most people who have an issue with this are super, pro "deregulate all the things!", types."

Also, a lot of the issues people who aren't actually involved with this may have with Bundy have nothing to do with his farming practices. Let"s not conflate being aware of how ethically messed up factory farms are with being illogical.
      I'm really just here for the pancakes.
      I'm Sorry Hachi... I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by crannky View Post
      What's hilarious to me is that the government is basically using free marketeering, capitalist tactics and most people who have an issue with this are super, pro "deregulate all the things!", types."

Also, a lot of the issues people who aren't actually involved with this may have with Bundy have nothing to do with his farming practices. Let"s not conflate being aware of how ethically messed up factory farms are with being illogical.
      Who would benefit from having the ranchers no longer use the grazing land? Certainly not meat eaters in America. There is a reason why they are being forced off the land. That's what needs to be investigated.
      Quote Originally Posted by winstonsmith84 View Post
      Tax? I don't mind paying state sales tax. Every time a see a pothole, a school that is falling down or a canceled essential state program, I remind myself why.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post
      535 members of congress plus 1 pres screwing us all the time...that's dirty pirate hooker level gang rape.

Quote Originally Posted by mx5er View Post

only if you are an "ok" asain.

signatures are annoying, right?

They were using government lands, setting it on fire and causing dangerous wild fires, then get upset when the government decide
      To shut them down.

Bundy wants government property free of charge. He hasn't paid any fees since 1996? Imagine if we all could skip on paying property tax for 20yrs.

I hibernate. Just like the Turtles! GoHomePossum's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by dubraycer36 View Post
      Basically, we don't. Unless and until the shooting starts. Sending in the NG now, would ramp this up to a level nobody wants.
      JMHO
      They wouldn't ever send in National Guard for this. Even if these guys start shooting at law enforcement, LE will just back down and let them go, just like they did at Bundy Ranch. These people are just as dangerous and well-equipped as any local NG unit. The federal government knows that trying to out-shoot them will just be a bloodbath and provide more fuel for the fire. Last thing the feds want is an actual mini civil war.
      I now have an InstaGram: emmettlodge

Quote Originally Posted by turbinepowered View Post
      You sound like a conspiracy theorist in the making. You do know that fees rise over time, right? And that with the case of government entities, it's usually in one big reactive lump when they finally look at how much money they are losing?

But no, it's all about a plot to run people off land.
      He was paying the rates with no issue to the state, when the feds took over the fees went up substantially.

They actually stated themselves it was to get them off the land, the cost was prohibitive, the reason given was a ground turtle...

The real reason is most likely ground water rights and usage.

Quote Originally Posted by crannky View Post

Free market capitalism my ass. I don't think you know what that is.... if you think the government gives a crap about the income from a ranchers land usage fee your sadly misinformed. The state may have, the feds really don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Egilbe View Post
      Who would benefit from having the ranchers no longer use the grazing land? Certainly not meat eaters in America. There is a reason why they are being forced off the land. That's what needs to be investigated.

I'm almost certain its land water rights. There are two ways the government can aquire land water rights from a private individual. . Either buy them if they are for sale.. or get the individual to stop using them. Unused water rights get returned to the state. If they break the rancher and he leaves to somewhere else he can make money they'll likely forfeit the water rights.

Quote Originally Posted by GoHomePossum View Post
      They are protesting the imprisonment of ranchers who used and abused BLM land got their permits revoked because of it.]
      Corrected.
      IPRO Meat-Director and High Minister of Terror-Grilling and

Quote Originally Posted by caj1 View Post
      the magniloquent messiah of the butthurt former VW owners.

Any wonder why foreign news is covering it and why our national news isn't showing anything about it?
      It go down in the DM

Quote Originally Posted by vwbrvr6 View Post
      Any wonder why foreign news is covering it and why our national news isn't showing anything about it?
      because the majority of americans with a HS diploma, or it's equivalent, should be well enough informed to know that these "patriots" are not patriots, they are in fact clowns.

After Larry posted this to his FB all i see is a bunch of tacticool dudes carrying Rosa Parks.

I wonder who is going to show up first to support these "patriots". Trump? Sarah Palin? Or Ted Cruz.

Does anyone read before posting?

This isn't about the Bundys, they just happen to be there.

In this case the rancers started a fire to kill an invasive species, they did so at the risk of the fire leaving their property and it did.

They were tried for arson and found guilty, the judge sentenced them to less then federal minimum sentence, they served their time but the feds sued to have them serve the minimum sentence. They are being taken back to prison again on monday, this started as a protest to them having to go back to jail after having served the term determined by the judge.

The blm is involved because they made the charge of arson to federal land...
      So basically this all started due to Activist Judges?
      "Sometimes, I have a sudden urge to fart on this chair."

Quote Originally Posted by vwbrvr6 View Post
      Youll notice that the RT "article" is in fact a copy/paste from the Associated Press. And while I don't frequent Fox or MSNBC it's safe for me to assume they'll both be offering their own special interpretations of the events as they unfold.

FV-QR

Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast