Armed Militia Occupy National Forest HQ in Oregon - Page 36
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post

The family is whack and a bit dangerous.. but it's definitely no mobster family.
      Wiggity whack?
      Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      We can not be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Time for a GTI View Post
      Wiggity whack?
      Worse:
      SOLD '15 Lapiz Blue VW Golf R, '13 Sepang Blue Audi S6, '11 Sprint Blue Audi S4, '08 Montego Blue BMW 135i, '04 Deep Blue Pearl VW R32

On that crossed up note...
      If the Bundy family really wants to get their message out to the people, they should make a rap video.
      "Sometimes, I have a sudden urge to fart on this chair."

On that crossed up note...
      If the Bundy family really wants to get their message out to the people, they should make a rap video.
      And wear their Wranglers backwards.
      "We'll not risk another frontal assault... that rabbit's DYNAMITE!"

Raped public acreage? I don't think so. So if they paid it isn't rape?

This family has a warped sense of entitlement to public lands just because they have raped public acreage for so long.

Then on the other hand...
      Exactly how much did the feds spend on this investigation? And the best they could get was some vague threats of violence on camera after getting the guy drunk?

The family is whack and a bit dangerous.. but it's definitely no mobster family.
      I really want to know more about this case and honest level headed information is hard to find... most coverage is jaded to one side or the other and it's very frustrating. There is quite a bit of history that is not being covered by the news or even in the linked show, especially with the stupid back burn issue. I am not saying these guys or the followers are doing things correctly, but damn.. I do feel they just got kicked one too many times.

Quote Originally Posted by qw1cktype1 View Post

I really want to know more about this case and honest level headed information is hard to find... most coverage is jaded to one side or the other and it's very frustrating. There is quite a bit of history that is not being covered by the news or even in the linked show, especially with the stupid back burn issue. I am not saying these guys or the followers are doing things correctly, but damn.. I do feel they just got kicked one too many times.
      In a nutshell the Bundy clan is a group of ranchers who crossing into Federal land to graze cattle. First the government didn't care. Then the government cared. Then the government stopped caring again. Suddenly the government cared and seized cattle that wandered into Fed territory. Bundy clan protested and eventually camped out in a Federal building. This ended with the death of one stupid bundy clanner who liked hiding under tarps.
      Sent from my tablet while sipping weak drinks over fancy brunch with a view

Sorry... I was specifically thinking about the arson to cover poaching... that seems like raping to me.
      But that wasn't them, they just took over a bird sanctuary to protest the convictions.
      Obviously they don't condone such activity....

That's the long and the short of it. The Bundys are fighting against the gov't, specifically the BLM which has been f**king farmers and ranchers for decades. While I don't condone all the actions the Bundys have taken, I kinda get their plight. The farmers and ranchers of the US understand this a whole lot better than any news reporter could convey.

Public awareness boils down to "what do I care about?" In today's "industrialized" world, no one cares about farming or ranching.
      https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...=.93e9c8e02910

Grazing fees are one of the issues. A rancher pays $X amount per head of livestock, per month, to use federal lands. A rancher can pay the Feds or private land owners. The difference is for Federal land, the rancher has to maintain the land- fences, water, etc. Private grazing is substantially higher because land maintenance is already factored in.

The BLM charges less than $2/animal, where private land is $20/animal and up. This adds up when you have 500 head of cattle. Imagine if you had 2,000 cows roaming about. The BLM don't "make money" with this low per-animal charge. But they don't really have any expenses, do they? Paying BLM employees is majority of the overhead. The ranchers maintain the land and absorb that cost. So when the media puts out that the BLM is losing money because of the grazing fees, they're extremely naive in the subject.

The other critical issue is water rights.
      http://www.fb.org/newsroom/stop-fede...rm-bureau-says
      http://naturalresources.house.gov/le...ationid=372315

Basically the BLM has been pulling rancher's water rights for years. This puts ranchers out of business.
      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

//// @mbull //// instagram ////

Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post

Basically the BLM has been pulling rancher's water rights for years. This puts ranchers out of business.
      And let's be rea.. honest about this.
      The government doesn't do ANYTHING proactively.
      Any changes were done in reaction to something.
      So while I understand how frustrating this can be for ranchers, it was probably ranchers that caused the BLM to make changes.

And let's be rea.. honest about this.
      The government doesn't do ANYTHING proactively.
      Any changes were done in reaction to something.
      So while I understand how frustrating this can be for ranchers, it was probably ranchers that caused the BLM to make changes.
      It happens because on any number of occasions, PETA/WWF/Sierra Club/NIMBYs/University study claims that over-ranching will decimate the native population of Spotted Hair/Spotted Tortoise/Striped Ridgeback Quail/Prairie Dog/Prairie Grass/Western wheat/etc.

And the gov't issues a decree that has no input from ranchers or farmers.

I understand some ranchers and farmers over-use the land, but many new generation ranchers understand the workings of the world and environment, and are open to solving the issue so both sides win.
      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

//// @mbull //// instagram ////

Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post

The BLM charges less than $2/animal, where private land is $20/animal and up. This adds up when you have 500 head of cattle. Imagine if you had 2,000 cows roaming about. The BLM don't "make money" with this low per-animal charge. But they don't really have any expenses, do they? Paying BLM employees is majority of the overhead. The ranchers maintain the land and absorb that cost. So when the media puts out that the BLM is losing money because of the grazing fees, they're extremely naive in the subject.
      If ranchers out west are anything like the public lands users in SC, their idea of "maintaining" the land they use leaves a great deal to be desired. SCDNR does similar deals for some state lands, but invariably they have to come back and do revitalization and heavy maintenance after so many years.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the users are being deliberately negligent. But there is an actual science to land maintenance and upkeep, something I don't expect an expert in another field, such as cattle, to be fully conversant in.

But any attempt to bake those revitalization costs into the usage fees will be fought tooth and nail, with one side invariably screaming about how their rights are being violated.
      Quote Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post
      There is an area of a normal brain that lets the owner know the object works and needs to be left alone. Not all of us have it. It is like being colorblind.

Quote Originally Posted by mx5er View Post
      While the Bundys were acquitted for the stand-off in Oregon , they were hauled back in jail for the stand-off in Nevada b/c of a FBI undercover operation:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/ar...-bundy-family/

A FBI undercover team posed as documentary film makers (Longbow productions ) and they got the Bundys to talk.

You can watch the entire Frontline documentary that just aired: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/fi...al-government/

Trailer:

Meant to watch this but forgot! Thanks for the link!
      Leonardo - Team Post-Killing Ninja
      Fizzy - Team My Little Pony
      #FREEPATRIKMAN
      Quote Originally Posted by Jrod511 View Post
      If I could do one thing with a DeLorean it would be to give Vad's parents a condom.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
      Do you want to be known as the guy who makes worse automotive decisions than VadGTI?

Quote Originally Posted by turbinepowered View Post

But any attempt to bake those revitalization costs into the usage fees will be fought tooth and nail, with one side invariably screaming about how their rights are being violated.
      I have close family that own ranches (Montana) and have rancher buddies (remember the Freemen?).
      They will talk endlessly and angrily about wasted tax dollars then instantly talk about how they milk (cheat) tax breaks and how to get government checks for land use.
      It's like they don't even realize THEY are actually a major part if the problem they bitch about.

I have somewhat of an understanding on what the issue with the Bundy's and Hamond's is about, and why they feel the way they do.

Watch this about the "arson" BS and why these ranchers may have had enough (yes it's a politician being over the top, but it can provide a view from the other side without the crazy). It addresses some of the comments in this thread. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx4ocLdWE90

I am not seeing much of a difference between these people, and the people throwing a tantrum in downtown PDX...

Quote Originally Posted by VadGTI View Post
      Meant to watch this but forgot! Thanks for the link!

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536