VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

adam's rotors inc. running 10 years strong! | WE are officially HERE!!!

9K views 69 replies 10 participants last post by  adam's rotors 
#1 · (Edited)
A FULL DECADE OF AR AND WE’VE MADE IT TO THE BIG SHOW!
adam's rotors inc. is now the official BRAKE FORUM SPONSOR of VWvortex AND Fourtitude.com!!!

many of you may know us and are currently running our rotors, but if not, we just wanted to reach out and introduce ourselves.

WE CATER TO THE CAR ENTHUSIAST WHO NOT ONLY NEEDS NEW BRAKE ROTORS, BUT WANTS SOMETHING DIFFERENT BEHIND A NICE SET OF WHEELS.

be it looks or performance, adam's rotors is the only company to bring you over 17+ machine pattern variations (most of which are exclusive to AR), 3 zinc finish offerings, and 5 ceramic-silica hub coating options.

YOU PICK, WHAT YOU WANT AT AN ALL-INCLUSIVE PRICE | COMPLIMENTARY CORROSION PREVENTION, FREE SHIPPING, CUSTOM DRILLING, SLOTTING, AND/OR DIMPLING, ALL LOADED INTO OUR WEBSTORE.

we started out small and remain that way...a tight knit, self-owned & operated company established in 2006.
the small outfit and one-on-one interaction creates only the best service w/quick response & even faster made-to-order set-ups. with top notch products, this lends hand to our success thus far.
working 24/7 throughout the day, any and all questions are answered within the hour to the best of our ability, if not instantly.
being an online company we do business direct via email, instant message, PM, and over the web in our ever growing threads...we're always here ready to reply!
we are a fully made-to-order, replacement disc brake, rotor manufacturer...we offer only factory fit, OE spec, plug n' play discs.

adam's rotors expertise is in the VW/audi market, but do set-ups for ANY make/models car/truck/van…check to our store!

WWW.ADAMSROTORS.COM

WHY ADAM’S ROTORS? WE’RE DIFFERENT!

because we do what no one else does. AR is a customizable product, having managed to turn a boring replacement product into something different. it's a have-it-your-way, made-to-order modification item ideal for any enthusiast. now, instead of just picking 1 of 1-3 drilled or slotted rotor styles from off-the-shelf inventory, we offer over 17+ patterns for your choice/taste, how YOU want them. after that pick a zinc for corrosion prevention...silver? gold? maybe black? thereafter you can even add one of our coated hub colors in a satin ceramic finish to finalize your set and truly give them polished, unique look. we now even offer upgraded metallurgy, to a stronger premium grade high carbon iron if you so wish. we at AR believe a rotor ISN'T just a plain ol' service part...rather a fun, custom, cool way to not only enhance the look of your car, but add performance, protection, and something different to your build, with a ton of bang for your buck!
oh yeh...and they actually perform!!!

track tested, endurance race team approved; check it out HERE.

WWW.ADAMSROTORS.COM

AR drift I [triple curve] &
AR drift II [triple curve/slot]:

[must be ordered with coated hubs]

AR drag I [cross-hatch/slot] &
AR drag II [cross-hatch/double slot]:

[must be ordered with coated hubs]

AR speed [multi-slot] & AR track [double slot/dimple]:

[must be ordered with
coated hubs]

AR sport I [over-dimple] &
AR sport II [over-slot]:

[must be ordered with
coated hubs]

AR race [double slot] &
AR street [double slot/drill]:

[must be ordered with
coated hubs]

See less See more
#5 ·
Do you offer cryogenic treatment?

This post has been deleted
#10 ·
a lot of customers like to see our product both on cars and from an actual user's perspective...we love seeing it too!
so, we have a very active (daily) FACEBOOK PAGE with photos such as these along with an ever growing CUSTOMER GALLERY on our website too, broken down by pattern!

please have a look, and if you'd like to share your own AR set-up, post up using our tag: #adamsrotors on Instagram!

#12 ·
^ drilling really isn't our thing...

slotting dissipates heat, helps avoid glazing, and adds bite... drilling/dimpling do nothing but look good with new-age pads, as they no longer create the gasses they were once used to help disperse.
thus, we've focused most of our exclusive patterns around slotting (our double slotting specifically, which we're known for, was designed & tested in many track & endurance race scenarios) to not only keep your brakes cooler when put to the test, but look good with unique, customizable ways of implementing them on factory spec rotors.

with that said, for a daily driven street car, it really makes no difference when the car isn’t seeing hot brakes & aggressive stopping.
in this case I always say to pick your favorite; after all, our concept is to have the customer choosing what they like for they’re own custom rotor.

#17 ·
we've been hard at work for a month straight on Adam's personal car/passion project, the LONE WOLF (a '59 buick kustom) getting it finished/ready for the Sacramento Autorama this weekend: [2/12-14th]
be sure to come see it if you're in or around Norther California...it's a killer (longest running) indoor classic car show with only the best of the best allowed in!

#21 ·
Maybe the last part of this email was suppose to be the your first answer.

#25 · (Edited)
So, no real offense to ADAMS rotors here.... But I've been running their front and rear rotors with the stop tech pads and I've kind of been disappointed ever since about a month after putting them on. It could be that I got some duds.... But I felt let down and disappointed after day 1.

Now I have a 3.6 4Motion so the size of my rotors is different than all you 2.0 guys. But I opted for the high end ones, over drilled dimple only that came with the Hubs supossedly painted or powered coated or treated (not sure which) with black around the Hubs. It's been a while since I put them on, so forgive me on all the technicalities.

Almost instantly after putting those on both the front and rear, the nice black Hub peeled and flaked off, now... And in my opinion have looked like crap since.

In addition, shortly after putting them on, I notice that after leaving the car sit overnight (whether in a garage or outside... Doesn't matter... And my car is pretty much garaged all year long unless I'm traveling to the airport).... When you first start the car up and go to pull it out of the driveway and down the street, the brakes sound as though there's no pad left and you're grinding metal on metal. This continues until you drive around for about 10 mins at speed, and then everything works as normal. This is EXTREMELY annoying and sounds like bad scraping every single time.

In addition the pads / rotors seem to have uneven wear and you can feel vibration and warbling at high speeds (at or above 40) in the brake pedal and wheel. I've maybe put on 20 - 25k miles since installing, and I already feel like I should go with a Zimmermann z-coat and some other pad.

Bottom line - for the price I paid, I expected a show quality rotor / brake set that was also of high quality functionality... And I feel let down and kinda ripped off based on the hype and marketing. :(

I had ordered Jan 2013, and received them in Feb, but I had waited until June of 2013 before installing. 4 rotors, pads for all wheels. $750. I've debated putting something else on for a while now...

Sorry Adams but extremely disappointed by this experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#26 ·
^ no offense taken other than I wish you'd have taken the time to reach out and communicate the disappointment with us prior, directly.

and I'd like to also address that only one of your concerns has to do with our product...the flaking hubs.
again I'd like to dive deeper into that and make it right, but how can I when I know nothing about it?

your sound issue has nothing to do with our rotors and everything to do with your pads and most likely the installation and bedding process...
this is unfair to blame on us and associate with our product, the rotor. grinding noise? sounds like you have no pads? why are you so quick to point the finger at our rotors?
rotors do not create sound...pads do. pads compound and and the surface of pad and rotor mated together during the break-in and bedding is everything. this is your issue...or the caliper itself.
it sounds like a classic case of glazing or no bedding at all...or worse, installation error.

I'd appreciate you shoot us an email in response to your order receipt or any of our prior correspondence so we can talk more and allow me to make this right, which I would and always do if ever an issue.
we do no deceive anyone of anything and now that I read your edit, I am offended by saying you feel "ripped off" by our marketing...that's a blatant stretch and untruth.
we claim nothing whatsoever other than a quality, customizable, made-to-order rotor with options like NOONE else offers, including zimmerman, 10-fold and we delivered that. (again let me look into this hub coating issue and make it right)

your expectations and understanding of brake components and these symptoms are unrealistic and inaccurate.
this is why things like this should be routed to us via email so we can help, explain, assist, trouble shoot, and correct...in a respectful way.
we're in near instant communication and have been from the get-go, including answering your post tonight, so that's also not the issue.

#27 ·
I'll reach out separately over email on the issue. I'm well aware of the bedding process and installation process. I've done brakes and rotors about a million times and always to the manufacturers recommended procedures. I should not have contributed noise issues to the rotor, you're right that that is a brake pad issue. I apologize for that. I merely was associating pad to rotor as the producer of the sound buy did not mean to fixate that particular issue as a direct result of the rotor

That being said, I still believe There "may"
However be some warping in the rotors themselves. Of course this could still be attributed to uneven pad wear... Difficult to say without pulling it off. I'll address separately in an email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#28 ·
^ continuing to support my point. yet another factor, that is not our products fault.

warping is not a factory defect, rather driver caused.
no rotor is warp-proof or guaranteed against it, that's impossible.
...our rotors don't crack.

hot/tracked 1-piece rotors are bound to warp at the slightest of slow speed/stop brake taps without true coast cooling…not stand still.
and that's not to say only track driving causes this. even spirited drives, lead brake-foots, quick on and off highway ramps, buzzing around town, stop & go, etc.
post-install break-in warping is also a huge factor.

and again, pads are a HUGE factor…as is proper bedding.
pad deposits, glazing, cheap pad compound, unset caliper pistons, poor bedding/prep procedures, etc.
still from what you describe I bet they are glazed.

---

regardless, the issues are having simply are not our products fault, so posting here in our sales thread only hurts us to the skim reader.

#29 ·
found this customer photo that took it right back to where it all began: dimpled/slotted classics.
10 years ago AR started out on the Audizine forums selling via PM, AIM, & email from class while in college.
w/5 patterns and one of the few to offer dimpling, I grew it to a brand over the years to what our catalog is now!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.