VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Crackling sound during hard acceleration

7K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Revonik 
#1 · (Edited)
solved: problem was in a damaged left CV-joint
----

Good day! I have passat B7+2.0tsi+dsg...A few months ago I began to notice that during heavy acceleration in the range of 3000-6000 rpm (with the highest torque) heard the sound like the crunch. The sound is similar to the sound when you touch a cardboard to a running fan. Feels like the sound comes from the gearbox or wheels. The frequency of each crunch increases proportionally with increasing speed. At high speeds because of the engine noise, crunch is no longer heard. The problem is progressive, and now to hear the sound I need to open the throttle to 30-40% a month ago there was no sound if you do not open the throttle is less than 70%. Crunches during acceleration in a straight line, and the like would also have at the wheels splayed. This garbage bit transmits vibration in the ass / legs, I feel that it is something mechanical rather than just a whistle from the wheels, for example. This noise has a 1, 2, 3 gears. On 4th gear can not be heard as the speed of the car is already quite high.

I've googled alot of threads and found only one video with problem like I have:

In my case, the frequency and the sound of crunching up a little more clearly. I have checked subframe, also I installed the reinforced subframe bolts.

My video here:

What I tried:
1. Check the security of attachment to the downpipe bracket. Everything is quite hard.
2. Next, another master advised to replace the left inner CV Joints, motor support and bearing boxes. Replaced - did not help.
3. Resonances from motor protection, attachments - all have tried, where possible plugged gaps - did not help.
4. The wheel bearing changed the 5000 km back - struggled with the rumble of the wheels (it turned out that the reason is very noisy poluslik)
5. Transmission? She was shot and understand the purpose of noise diagnostics by transferring 5. It turned out gear "curry favor" - a small contact area. The gear has been replaced and the howl went. I traveled normal and only then began to appear that noise. Not sure that this transmission because in my opinion, in this case, the noise would have been at all speeds and under all load. Perhaps I am wrong and the problem is in some special bearing gearbox or something like that.
6. I've visitel my VW service dealer, they did not helped me... To solve this problem also learned a lot of information, if it does not solve the problem with your help - will remove and disassemble the transmission, will look for a problem there ..:banghead:.

My mods: APR K04 kit, APR intercooler, carbonio, APR 3.1 soft, APR DSG chip.
Please help advice, thoughts on this and if anyone has experience in dealing with this problem. Thank you.
**Sorry for my English is not perfect :). Part of the text translated translator.
oops, seems Like I've made the post in a wrong thread, please move it :facepalm:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.