BFG G-force Comp-2 A/S - Page 2
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
      Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
      ^ Thanks for the info. The tread design does look like it would be on the louder side, but it doesn't seem like it's all that bad. Flat-spotting would be annoying though. My car sits sometimes for a week at a time, and most times it wouldn't get driven long enough for them to work it out. Hmm. Limited tire options suck.

Just for clarification, this is the tire in question:

I went overseas for over a month and my car sat the whole time. No flat spots for me on my Comp 2 A/S. Grip and price are great. I'll be buying them again.

I had them on my 1st mk7 GTi, and thought they were excellent tires. Ride quality was good as were noise levels. Responsive and had quite a bit of grip in the dry and excellent performance in the wet as well. I drove them through the last winter we had in Delaware, though it was a mild one. They did well in the snow and cold road temperatures.

My thoughts are coming from a man that normally runs dedicated summer wheels/tires and dedicated winter wheels/tires. I was unable to (responsibly) do that this past year because we had just bought a house a couple of months before the car, so it would've been unwise to spend that much that quickly instead of buying a super highly rated all season tire.

Anyway, that car got totalled (not related to the tires lol) so once again, I had to choose a new tire without having two sets. I bought another mk7 GTi but this time I got a great deal on the Pilot Sport AS3+ so I jumped on them. After around 800 miles so far, they are no question better than the amazing Comp2's I had. It's kinda silly how good this tire is, it's really shocked me that an all season tire can be anywhere near this good.

I wasn't going to buy another all season as we're in a much better position to buy new stuff, but we have a trip to Florida this December to Disney for Christmas......and I couldn't decide what tires I'd run to make the journey since some of the states will possibly have snow/cold, and some will clearly not. I couldn't risk running summers and driving through the bad spots, nor destroying winters (even performance winters I wouldn't drive that long on in hot weather).

So, either way you go, both tires are excellent all around. I do firmly believe that the Pilots are absolutely the best right now, and may be the best tire I've ever owned.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
      Quote Originally Posted by VWestlife View Post
      If you pace the cars around you, I bet you'll find that people rarely accelerate to 60 MPH in any quicker than 20 seconds.

The Rust Belt, but in the liberal elite area that didn't vote for Trumplethinskin.
      Re the sport comp 2:

We just bought a set of these for my wife's mk6 Gti. I cannot believe how good of a tire this is at $125 a pop for 225/40/18.

Seriously great grip.

As someone mentioned, the look of the sidewall is very interesting and aggressive.

I will be getting a set for my R32. For $660 out the door (with replacement certificates) at discount tire is hard to beat.

Oh, and I find the noise level to be good. Not loud in my opinion. Although, I am comparing the noise level to the original set of P-Niro Zero she just replaced. Those get so loud as they get worn.
      Last edited by vwlifer27; 05-14-2017 at 02:58 PM.
      I survived the Bowling Green Massacre.

I forgot myself to mention at how amazing the value proposition is for the Comp2's. What a crazy deal they are!!! I had to think long and hard not to just grab another set when I got the 2nd mk7, but I saw a great deal and wanted to try out a Pilot Sport, so I went with them this time.

If you're looking for a tire that is easily at the pointy end of the best of its class, and you don't wanna spend a ton, then there is NOTHING out there in my opinion that comes close.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
      Quote Originally Posted by VWestlife View Post
      If you pace the cars around you, I bet you'll find that people rarely accelerate to 60 MPH in any quicker than 20 seconds.

I've had two sets of these now. 225/40ZR18. Approaching 45k miles. First set 2 lasted 40k 2 still have 40% life(missed a rotation). I've never been so impressed with a tire all the way through their life. Anything I threw at them they'd just go. Actually planning to put a set in my '07 Eos, but I can't find them in stock. I will probably have to order from Tire Rack. The 225/40R18 fit both an 18x8 and 18x8.5 with no stretch and have a "rim protector." The best part of these tires is the wet grip. My Golf wouldn't grip with any tires in the wet until I installed these. Now I can hit full boost in the wet and take off like it's dry! Cornering with these tires is hard to explain. It's witchcraft I tell you. The PSS didn't feel this planted! Deepest snow I've been in was 6" and the car was dumped on its nuts, but felt just fine. You just had to be light on the throttle, no redline all the gears.

I've dragged, auto-x'd, tracked, jumped, dirt road thrashed, daily driven year round and have absolutely zero complaints. Road noise didn't exist until the inner tread was gone. Would recommend and buy again. First BFGoodrich product I've ever owned. #GoodGuyBFGoodrich

Last edited by Blade3562; 05-14-2017 at 04:00 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12