VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Well boys and girls........RS3 Time!

178K views 1K replies 106 participants last post by  WhyFly 
#1 ·
#3 ·
It suppose to be a heck of a car, kind of like the S3 but with even better hardware (engine, brakes, transmission, AWD system). I wonder how much would it cost, I am guessing a solid $55k plus mark ups. Typical first year of a car hitting the markets there are not much discounts.

Soon AMS will have a garrett based OEM location turbo that could bring the S3 power into the 450-500hp. Time will tell, it is a year and a half until we see it. I personally like the compact size of the A3 MQB paltform, now add the 5cyl and you have a winner.

#4 ·
If you have a deposit down (I do) make sure your dealer puts in writing the deal will be done at MSRP or better including ACNA if applicable, and that you have at your sole discretion first available car or first configurable car if the first avail launch model or whatever is not configurable to your liking. Basically you'll get the car you want as soon as possible as cheaply as possible.

#12 ·
Had a RS5. Looked great from the front and rear and at angular views of the side from the front or back but once you look at it directly from the side, it is just too long looking and loses a bit of the sporty-ness. You can really tell it is a four door pretending to be a two door.

The RS5 engine is amazing. Just not amazing in a 4100lb car.

#32 ·
Talked with the GM on Friday and all went well - I was the first person to inquire about the RS3.

I put down a $500 deposit for the 1st available RS3. He ran my card and gave me a receipt.

He said most likely it will be July- August before he can order. The wait begins ..... :)
Awesome, congrats and welcome to the club! I guess I didn't need to do mine back in November.

#39 ·
2nd in line is the best I could do. Dealer would not take a deposit but said I would need to put down 5k when ordering. Sales manager said I should expect to order in 6 months. Not too worried about them not taking a deposit, I've bought multiple cars through this dealer and they are pretty large so I don't think allocations will be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#41 ·
Dealer would not take a deposit but said I would need to put down 5k when ordering.
$5K seems insane. Assuming you don't go Audi exclusive and do some crazy custom order with pink paint and white interior, they should have ZERO problem moving the car if you decide you don't want it. Many of us have ordered cars, gotten something else while waiting, and it was never a problem to get the deposit back even once the car was on its way.

#42 ·
I have secured the first allocation at my dealer. Can't wait to get the order in.

#45 ·
Hi All,
I put down $1k at a SF bay area dealer and am 4th in line. I purchased my R8 from them and they are very trustworthy, but I won't doubt they will try to mark up the price from MSRP on me. I guess we will find out. I can call them up and return the $1k to my CC at any time. After I order the car with my options, I can only get my deposit back after they sell it to someone else.

They warned since I am 4th, that I may not get the first shipment, and the second shipment might be an extra month or two. I think this was just speculation based on previous models, since they don't really have any details yet.

The TT-RS (400hp) version seems to be hitting Europe now. I am wondering if a lot of the same options on the TT-RS will also be offered on the RS3. The sport exhaust on the TT-RS almost seems too loud. I love sporty exhausts but it seems to be on the level of Fiat Abarth loud. Hopefully there are more youtube clips of the TTRS (or even RS3) before we get to order our cars here in the US.

#46 ·
^ A minor update to my above post.

It looks like the Euro TT-RS has a sport exhaust standard, and a switch on the center console to go between Normal / Sport.

I don't see this button on any 2018 RS3 dash pictures. Changing to dynamic might open it? Or another setting in drive modes? Anyone know how this might work?

The previous 2.5L (iron 367hp 8v) RS3 (non-US) had an optional RS sport exhaust which seems pretty loud: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRwq2EfG0iU

(I'm hoping for an exhaust that can be both quiet, but will open up to be that loud if I want :))

#49 ·
It looks neither RS3 nor TT RS are going to be displayed at LA Auto Show, correct? I have no idea how they plan all this. Doesn't it make more sense to show the cars before they go on sale several months later?
I agree, but it looks like they were busy unveiling the 4 door a5/s5 and q5. Maybe they didn't want to dilute the attention from those since the rs3 has already been unveiled?

I haven't heard anything more from my dealer, including moving it up to spring as someone just mentioned. The wait continues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.