VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Well boys and girls........RS3 Time!

178K views 1K replies 106 participants last post by  WhyFly 
#1 ·
#252 ·
So... if you go 2018; AND you want the red calipers and sport exhaust AND you still want the Black Optics... does that package cancel out the calipers/brakes?? I don't necessarily want the Dynamic package (because I want the BO package) and not sure about the staggered wheel sizes. Anyone know a price on BO package?
Nice to see more options on the 2018 over the 17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#248 ·
Yep and I think my dealer maybe a moron. See below.

The introduction of the vehicle for this year will be a 2017.

There will be no 2018 this calendar year.

Also yes the "black optic" packages are nice but typically don't get introduced on a new model until a year in.

If you want to have the vehicle this year it will be a 2017.

#249 ·
Yep and I think my dealer maybe a moron. See below.

The introduction of the vehicle for this year will be a 2017.

There will be no 2018 this calendar year.

Also yes the "black optic" packages are nice but typically don't get introduced on a new model until a year in.

If you want to have the vehicle this year it will be a 2017.

What makes you think that? Why would they already have the 2018 order guide out if it won't be launched for another 8+ months?

#277 ·
My order is in. :thumbup:

#285 ·
Got word late last night from my dealer; orders now open for US 2018s RS3. Headed to dealer tomorrow. I've never ordered a new car, no less one this unique and rare. Do I assume you just pay MSRP? Or.. do you think there's negotiation on final price? Options? How do I play this?!

#286 ·
Screen

I apologize if this has already been addressed somewhere in this lengthy thread, but can I (hopefully) assume that the Nav screen in the middle of the dash will retract as it has in the S3 up to now? I hate the look of those flimsy looking pads on so many cars these days, and with Virtual Cockpit, I'd like to think the center display could be retracted most of the time.

#291 · (Edited)
Order placed for 2018. Just what I've always wanted, 5Cyl. 20V Turbo Quattro. Would have been perfect in an updated Coupe body, but I think I will manage.

#299 ·
FV-QR

Has the order guide been posted here yet? I can share the copy I have if not... Virtual cockpit is not standard, which I find kind of disappointing (it is on the Prestige S3).

You also can't order the ceramic brakes without also "downgrading" to the non-magnetic dampers.

#302 · (Edited)
Mine is actually the 2017 guide, and it has pricing on it too... just got it from my sales guy today.

2017 RS3 Order Guide [PDF]

Major differences I've noticed:

2017 does not appear to get side assist (blind spot mirror lights stuff) & rear cross traffic assist (technically part of the same suite that provides side assist) by default; they seem to be part of the Tech package on 2017s... but I can't imagine that anyone would not take Tech package because virtual cockpit is so nice and B&O is supposed to be a decent upgrade too.

No black optic option on 2017
No driver assist option on 2017
No RS design package on 2017 (Although why the RS design package doesn't also have a white/gray stitch option is beyond me; I'd love the extended leather and alcantara, but depending on the exterior the red might kind of clash)

#303 ·
Ah yes 2017 was posted a few pages back as well. There is some confusion since the 2017s are preconfigured so why even show the options that aren't coming to the US. Also will Audi pre-select colors then offer them to people or will people get to pick color?

I was offered a 2017 slot but want Black Optic Package so declined it. Now my dealer is not showing any 2018 allocations yet while others are making orders. Ugh!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.