VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

H8 LED Fogs

3K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  deAutoLED.com 
#1 ·
2016 Passat SEL with OEM LED lighting. The incandescent fogs are horrendous! Is there a good H8 LED bulb out there I should look for? What is the temperature of the OEM LED headlights? Is there a bulb out there in yellow? Thanks!

#2 ·
#3 ·
2016 passat se

Hi...can you tell me if these fog lights will work in my 2016 Pasaat SE that I purchased in the states?

Also, I purchased 2016 PASSAT SEL Headlight Housings for me SE. They are 14 pin but my car takes 10 pin. Not to mention the whole wiring is different. I'd love to install them or any other LED Headlight kit!

Thank you!

#15 ·
:( - yeah, we are sorry to hear that, we have emails like this a lot, you really need the right resistor setup and bulb angle to get the most out of these LEDs in the VW fog housing as the reflector they use are not the best.
Being a pretty anal retentive person I may order these anyway ... I did recommend your special h7 HID kit for a friend who has a 2017 ram promaster with reflector housings. Hopefully he orders them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#16 ·
Being a pretty anal retentive person I may order these anyway ... I did recommend your special h7 HID kit for a friend who has a 2017 ram promaster with reflector housings. Hopefully he orders them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you - do you have regular H7 bulbs / reflector headlight?

On the LEDs - we know people only want to the best and why we only sell what works and looks good, we tested hundreds of setups including the morimoto setup, that LED has been out for a year or so, they just slightly changed the design and made it green, nothing wrong with switching up an existing design to look different. We use designs already out there and then add our own diode/electronics so they work and last - doing this allows us to save on molding fees and we can pass the saving down to the customer.

Thank you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.