VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

I got the itch to modify the Q3 2016 but i need help identifying VW compariable cars

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  BsickPassat 
#1 ·
I got the itch to modify the Q3 2016. I'm in the US and I have heard that the Q3 is similar to the VW line up but only on some parts.
so to do some research on parts I need to know the comparable VW cars that would be like a cross reference as most aftermarket parts label out more of the VW cars rather than the audi Q3.

the VW cars I have heard matches on specific things only. so far its the tiguan and the mk6. I don't know the years or exact submodels but if anyone knows I would appreciate all the help.

what I would like to get are:
dogbone mount
engine mounts
diverter valve
downpipe
hi flo turbo discharge pipe
turbo muffler delete

thanks.

#2 ·
Tiguan is the sister car to the S3, are based on the MKV PQ35 chassis.

the engine mount does look different than a MK5/6 mount, it looks more like a MQB mount though.

CTS, iirc has a downpipe that fits.

DV's anything for a MK5/6 works.

iirc, USP Motorsports came out with a turbo muffler delete & pipe kit for the Tiguan & MK6's.

Keep in mind, with harder mounts, you may not like the increased NVH that is associated with it, especially with the AC compressor on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.