Upgraded to VW Composition Touch 6.5" (RCD 330G Plus) - Page 2
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
      Quote Originally Posted by killercoconuts View Post
      How well does the navigation function work on this unit? Does the phone need to be plugged in for it to work?
      Yes, you need a wired connection to the head unit for carplay to work. I made myself a dock for my iPhone out of Legos and an iPhone cable and jammed it between the center console and the driver's seat. All I have to do is shove the phone into the dock and the head unit activates carplay.

The navigation works as well as the Apple maps, which isn't as good as google maps but it does the job.

Does anyone know if a canbus simulator/adapter is needed to run steering wheel controls and MFD with the RCD330G+ on a 2007 Eos? I'm assuming it's the same as a MkV I just don't want to give up paddle shifters and steering wheel controls with a head unit install! Can't wait for it to get here. I have a Mk7 with MIB I and it will be nice to have the same functionality in my Eos!

Here's the stock head unit. Unsure of model. MFD2 I think?
      Last edited by Blade3562; 04-28-2017 at 02:12 AM.

From what I understand, the canbus simulator only prevents battery drain and doesn't add steering wheel controls. Loss of radio control on the steering wheel shouldn't affect paddle shifters since that's a different system.

Quote Originally Posted by GennadiyV View Post
      From what I understand, the canbus simulator only prevents battery drain and doesn't add steering wheel controls. Loss of radio control on the steering wheel shouldn't affect paddle shifters since that's a different system.
      If you lose radio control do you lose MFD control? Besides paddles that's my main worry in all honesty. I can live without volume control. I'm installing a Mk7/Scirocco(the PQ version with red and no cruise) steering wheel anyways

You still have control of all MFD functions except radio.

You still have control of all MFD functions except radio.
      Awesome! Thank you time to pull the trigger! I guess I'll try it first without the "canbus simulator" Should be here this week!

Quote Originally Posted by Blade3562 View Post
      Awesome! Thank you time to pull the trigger! I guess I'll try it first without the "canbus simulator" Should be here this week!
      Awesome! Best of luck to you.

Awesome! Best of luck to you.
      I see yours in an '06 did you have to change any of the wiring on the plug? I know for the RCD/RNS510 they recommend swapping a couple. I still haven't found an RCD330G+ pinout.

Quote Originally Posted by myturbodiesel
      If you have an external CD changer like the MFD2, you can swap ground pins 2 and 3 on the 12 pin plug. If you have an aux-in on the old radio you have to swap pin 3 (aux ground) and pin 2. Also swap pin 5 (aux R) and pin 7. The old satellite radio pins are useless because the new radio has an internal satellite radio module.

2006 MFD2 system
      1. Sat L.....................purple/green
      2. CD Ground...........black
      3. Sat Ground...........purple/blue
      4. CD power............red/grey
      5. Sat radio plus.......empty
      6. CD changer out.....green
      7. Sat R.....................purple/white
      8. CD changer L.......gray
      9. CD changer R.......blue
      10. CD control.........white/yellow
      11. CD data in..........blue
      12. CD clock............yellow

RNS/RCD 510
      1. Aux L
      2. Aux Ground
      3. CD Ground
      4. CD power
      5. /
      6. CD changer out
      7. Aux R
      8. CD changer L
      9. CD changer R
      10. CD control
      11. CD data in
      12. CD clock

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/rn...n-in-a-mk5-vw/

I see yours in an '06 did you have to change any of the wiring on the plug? I know for the RCD/RNS510 they recommend swapping a couple. I still haven't found an RCD330G+ pinout.
      It was a simple plug and play. No pin swapping or wire cutting. My old radio had an internal CD changer with black buttons and I'm guessing the SAT module was external. The RCD330+ Doesn't have SAT radio if that matters.

Got it installed plug/play. Shuts off properly, so I may going to assume no battery draw. I also got a new can module. I am yet to install it because I can't find the old one lol. I have the Dynaudio system and it worked without unplugging the batteries or anything! Now the 6 cd changer in the armrest doesn't do anything so maybe I can find a non cd changed armrest.

They sent the wrong am/fm adapter so I have to wait for the right one, but that happens!

Upgraded to VW Composition Touch 6.5" (RCD 330G Plus)

I've done an upgrade to the 6RD 035 187 B model. I have a 2015 Tiguan. Great! Everything work as expected. I recommend this HU. It's a plug and play.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by alvarogsc View Post
      I've done an upgrade to the 6RD 035 187 B model. I have a 2015 Tiguan. Great! Everything work as expected. I recommend this HU. It's a plug and play.

Same one I bought, the B model is factory carplay capable!

Same one I bought, the B model is factory carplay capable!
      Yes. A great one!!

Have you guys tried to recode it to BAP Communication Protocol for the Steering Wheels controls to work?

If they do, will be limited but still. If you have the MK6 steering wheel on the MK5, maybe more buttons will work.
      OEM+ FTW

Quote Originally Posted by NothernSky View Post
      Have you guys tried to recode it to BAP Communication Protocol for the Steering Wheels controls to work?

If they do, will be limited but still. If you have the MK6 steering wheel on the MK5, maybe more buttons will work.
      That's my next step. I have an 07 so I have to replace the steering control module. I have a Scirocco wheel on the way and am hoping to make it all work!

Well this is odd, today I started the car and backed it into the garage and for some reason my phone kept reconnecting to the bluetooth for about 15 minutes after the car was off? I haven't had any battery drain issues and the head unit powers off when the car does. I have a K revision CAN Gateway currently installed but I have an AN Gateway I can install if that's the only possible solution.

Quote Originally Posted by alvarogsc View Post

Would this be plug n play in my 08 GLI?
      Will Any steering controls work?

It would be cool if there was a pinned thread with recommended units, links where to get them, along with what peripherals n wiring you need to get them to work optimally in the Mk5s. Some of us (like me) want to upgrade but just don't have the time due to work, family commitments, to digest all this good information in the threads. A more concise source would be so helpful to me and maybe to others. I ordered a unit once and had battery drain issues and sent it back to where it came from. This unit looks promising but where to get it from.

In theory it should be. Do you know what version your gateway is? If it's a K revision or newer you should be fine. If not you'll need a newer gateway which most sellers offer. You'll also need a fuel to single farka oconnector

Hey guys. So I bought a 2006 Jetta TDI back in February. I was wondering if this unit would be a plug and play install for me without me pinning anything? I am after a cheap unit with a plug and play (yet reasonably priced) harness and/or CANBUS. I have no audio experience and don't want to have to deal weith anything beyond buying a unit, the harness, and watching a youtube vid on how to remove the radio.

My car does not have an upgraded MDIS or steering wheel controls. All I am after is Bluetooth so the unit can play music from Spotify on my phone through it.

Thanks immensely for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by NothernSky View Post

Hello
      Yes, MK6 steering wheel buttons WORK (everything on the left side of the wheel works, Volume / Mute / Voice Command , Left Right (for Changes Tunes or Radio Stations)

Well this is odd, today I started the car and backed it into the garage and for some reason my phone kept reconnecting to the bluetooth for about 15 minutes after the car was off? I haven't had any battery drain issues and the head unit powers off when the car does. I have a K revision CAN Gateway currently installed but I have an AN Gateway I can install if that's the only possible solution.
      Yes, please get a newer CAN GW installed for solving those problems
      You need VCDS + VAG COM interface to install it yourself
      “AN” ending is perfect, install it using this guide http://www.my-gti.com/2296/can-bus-g...olkswagen-golf

Quote Originally Posted by vwooom View Post
      Would this be plug n play in my 08 GLI?
      Will Any steering controls work?

It would be cool if there was a pinned thread with recommended units, links where to get them, along with what peripherals n wiring you need to get them to work optimally in the Mk5s. Some of us (like me) want to upgrade but just don't have the time due to work, family commitments, to digest all this good information in the threads. A more concise source would be so helpful to me and maybe to others. I ordered a unit once and had battery drain issues and sent it back to where it came from. This unit looks promising but where to get it from.
      Yes, you can install it plug and play, no need to change CAN Gateway , most likely, since your car is build year 2008
      Have you got VCDS , can you scan the VCDS module and post the log here?

Steering controls – I assume your car has the 8 button steering wheel? If yes, it won’t work by default.
      Apparently some very smart Russians did a module to make 8 button steering wheel controls to work, will update this information later on, when I know for sure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12