The (Official) Car Lounge Chevrolet SS Registry. - Page 46
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge
    Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
    Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1405
      Quote Originally Posted by PizzaCat! View Post
      If I pissed jnms, id arrange for a set of HSV seats. Those look mighty tasty.
      They are the same seats, different bolstering. A couple places in Oz offer conversions. Would be cool to find a place in the US that could do it...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Re: the clutch, I'm happy with it too but I'd like to try one with a mod some owners are doing to make it firmer. GM isn't known for good manual transmissions, but this is the first manual GM product I've driven and I'm finding it solid.
      Quote Originally Posted by Broduski View Post
      TCL would suggest a Bi-Turbo to a single mother of 4 just for sh*t's and giggles.
      Quote Originally Posted by smoothsix View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by HackAC View Post
      What would America be like today if everyone had to sit through a 2 hour TFL seminar?
      Lots of suicides

Quote Originally Posted by automobiliben View Post
      They are the same seats, different bolstering. A couple places in Oz offer conversions. Would be cool to find a place in the US that could do it...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
      Exactly, there is at least twice as much lateral support. Wouldn't really call those 'the same seats'

Own a Chevrolet SS? Join the Official TCL Registry!

It's me, Rabbit, I promise.
      Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Dubber-GLI View Post
      NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

I really hate this thread. Stop in at least once a day and consider selling the G8 just to have a Manuel and magnetic ride.

Quote Originally Posted by FortheloveofV8's View Post
      I really hate this thread. Stop in at least once a day and consider selling the G8 just to have a Manuel and magnetic ride.
      I did it.

So should you.

^ This...and I'm driving a truck

Because this exists (I really hate sharing where this car is...I want them to take if off the internet, cover it with a tarp and stick in their back lot till January)
      Family Garage:
      2016 Dodge Durango Citadel AWD - mine
      2014 Dodge Durango Limited AWD - wife's
      2004 Acura TSX - for the kids to learn on and drive
      1967 Chevrolet Corvette <-- Father in Law's classic. We're just the caretaker/owners

Let the hate flow through, yes yes.

NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

Sold my Camaro wheels to a buddy of mine to throw on his G8. Guess I won't be able to see what it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by IdontOwnAVW View Post
      Sold my Camaro wheels to a buddy of mine to throw on his G8. Guess I won't be able to see what it looks like.
      You want my chrome dubs, yo?

NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

You want my chrome dubs, yo?
      I wanted the option to be iced out like hockey but after getting kicked out of Japan for drinking all the sake I'll have to deal with these bland 16+ wheels.

#firstworldissues

Exactly, there is at least twice as much lateral support. Wouldn't really call those 'the same seats'

No, they are the same seats, just like how the SS and Malibu are the same car...

😂

No, they are the same seats, just like how the SS and Malibu are the same car...

NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

Quote Originally Posted by H.E. Pennypacker View Post
      Literally like $15 bucks shipped prime. I might be fakerich, but that is realpoor money.
      That's a lot of McDonald's.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sonderwunsch View Post
      People have been complaining about modern BMWs lacking steering feel so they are adding torque steer.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernie McCracken View Post
      I don't trust the judgment of anyone who likes black wheels.
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      I find it ironic that long time Euro brand fans would assume long term reliability issues would destroy any love of a unique product.

Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      The dealer has basically a few thousand dollar margin in the car, so it's not like they're trying to pocket this 20% discount as profit. When Chevy has the program, they pass it along because they have to. When Chevy isn't running the program, there is nothing they can do. Sucks, but that's life. Had they even given you the $2,000 margin, I'm sure you still wouldn't have bitten. Lord knows I didn't.

$40k is the sweet spot for me. For that dollar, it's hard to beat.
      Based upon how these move when the 20% deal is active (especially this last one ), I can't help but think they'll bring it back to clear most of the leftovers before years end. However, it only took me missing out on the 1st 20% off that upon the announcement of the 2nd I went into a hypnotic state only to wake several days later with one of these parked in my driveway. Gotta strike while the iron is hot as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      Also, IDK what is with everyone and the clutch in this car. Maybe I'm used to German cars with springy, vague, nonlinear clutches that self adjust to different friction points and chatter, but the clutch in the SS is totally fine for me.
      That's racist!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
      That's a lot of McDonald's.
      There are ~330 days until the shamrock shake comes back. Plenty of time to save up!
      LS1 Volvo Thread

Previously owned - MkV R32 #3917, 2008 Silverado 1500 VHO 4x4

Hey 300, at least you got to drive it, unlike those *******s at VW :p

Agree on the seats, after having MkV GTI Pkg2 seats for 10 years as a daily, the bolstering was a letdown. Lots of fat guys in Australia too, I guess. They are, however, extremely comfortable on long road trips. I've done 15 hour drives and felt great at the end of the day.

Should I change that pencil to pen once the end of model year sales happen?
      I agree on that! I did stop by the VW dealership just to get a baseline price of what my car is worth. They gave me a decent offer, considering they said they couldn't CPO it since it had been modded. Of course if I bring it back later in stock form who knows what they'll say (I did tell them I'd bring it back stock).

The seats were comfortable, agreed. I just felt so loose considering most of my seat time in the past 7 years has been in either a mk6 gti or r, 2 s2000s, and an na miata with race seats. So my perspective is a bit skewed but some more bolstering would be appreciated. My wife's Q5 seems to have more bolstering (or otherwise I at least never noticed a lack of bolstering). But that's not a deal breaker by any means.

I'm not 100% sold on the car yet. I see why it's so loved, but the car didn't speak to me or "give me the fizz." Objectively it checks all the boxes. If I were able to drive it without a sales guy in the car I probably would have enjoyed it way more - I wouldn't go crazy of course, but I also wouldn't be worried about some guy I just met judging my every movement

In any case, I've already written off the mk7 R. If I want another R, I'll keep this one and wait until mk8 is revealed. There's just not enough there to entice me and I really do want something RWD.

So it's still down to the SS, most likely used or with EOY sale, or an e90 m3. I've even toyed with the idea of going for a V-10 M5 from carmax and getting their warranty but that seems like a dangerous path to go down Plus I really like small cars. It's hard to get a bigger car when you like small and nimble cars.

Quote Originally Posted by 300_munkeys View Post
      I agree on that! I did stop by the VW dealership just to get a baseline price of what my car is worth. They gave me a decent offer, considering they said they couldn't CPO it since it had been modded. Of course if I bring it back later in stock form who knows what they'll say (I did tell them I'd bring it back stock).

The seats were comfortable, agreed. I just felt so loose considering most of my seat time in the past 7 years has been in either a mk6 gti or r, 2 s2000s, and an na miata with race seats. So my perspective is a bit skewed but some more bolstering would be appreciated. My wife's Q5 seems to have more bolstering (or otherwise I at least never noticed a lack of bolstering). But that's not a deal breaker by any means.

I'm not 100% sold on the car yet. I see why it's so loved, but the car didn't speak to me or "give me the fizz." Objectively it checks all the boxes. If I were able to drive it without a sales guy in the car I probably would have enjoyed it way more - I wouldn't go crazy of course, but I also wouldn't be worried about some guy I just met judging my every movement

In any case, I've already written off the mk7 R. If I want another R, I'll keep this one and wait until mk8 is revealed. There's just not enough there to entice me and I really do want something RWD.

So it's still down to the SS, most likely used or with EOY sale, or an e90 m3. I've even toyed with the idea of going for a V-10 M5 from carmax and getting their warranty but that seems like a dangerous path to go down Plus I really like small cars. It's hard to get a bigger car when you like small and nimble cars.
      Completely get it, and honestly I'm glad it isn't for everyone - that's part of the appeal of it for me. This is by far the biggest vehicle I've ever owned, too - best of both worlds, it doesn't drive like it's size but you still get the practicality.

If it was never sold here, i probably would have also been a prime candidate for an E90 M3. I just would have a hard time shaking the German tax

I really wish Jack Evans had one right now, they'd let you take it out without a salesman, and there are some nice roads out there to 'test' one out.

NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

I hate all of you because not only do we not get this car in Canada, but we get **** all in the way of discounts on Chargers and Camaros.

oh man those seats

wish someone would sort out dropping 5th gen camaro recaros in to the ss, i'd consider giving up my ball blower.

Quote Originally Posted by utekineir View Post
      oh man those seats

wish someone would sort out dropping 5th gen camaro recaros in to the ss, i'd consider giving up my ball blower.
      I think somebody on the forums did that..

I think somebody on the forums did that..
      I had seen the conversation that theres a pretty good chance they would bolt up, but never any further discussion.

Would be great if someone had been the guinea pig.

Any clue when the 20% off might go again?

Quote Originally Posted by utekineir View Post
      I had seen the conversation that theres a pretty good chance they would bolt up, but never any further discussion.

Would be great if someone had been the guinea pig.
      I remember the person claiming they had bought the last set of seats available through GM or something like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Aonarch View Post
      Any clue when the 20% off might go again?
      If history is any indication - late June/early July.

Whatever you do, don't buy a ****ing Golf R.

NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

If history is any indication - late June/early July.
      6 months too soon...

Whatever you do, don't buy a ****ing Golf R.
      I don't understand the dislike. I have to admit, VW stigma aside, for the price, the R a good mix of features, performance and utility. Most of my current "I'd drive that" options are northern $40ks/low $50k, and I just don't know if I want to spend that.

Yes, agree, completely, an SS at 20% off puts it in Golf R territory price wise - that's a different story. An SS without the red tag, even at invoice, is still another ~$8k.

I'm not a VW fanboi - any of their other current products...no thanks.
      Family Garage:
      2016 Dodge Durango Citadel AWD - mine
      2014 Dodge Durango Limited AWD - wife's
      2004 Acura TSX - for the kids to learn on and drive
      1967 Chevrolet Corvette <-- Father in Law's classic. We're just the caretaker/owners

The (Official) Car Lounge Chevrolet SS Registry.

Quote Originally Posted by davewg View Post

I don't understand the dislike. I have to admit, VW stigma aside, for the price, the R a good mix of features, performance and utility. Most of my current "I'd drive that" options are northern $40ks/low $50k, and I just don't know if I want to spend that.

Yes, agree, completely, an SS at 20% off puts it in Golf R territory price wise - that's a different story. An SS without the red tag, even at invoice, is still another ~$8k.

I'm not a VW fanboi - any of their other current products...no thanks.
      Kinda sorta a joke. Not ready to get back in bed with that company, though.

Unless the 7 is a yuge step up from the 6 R, it's not even close in terms of driving enjoyment anyway. For me, at least. Can't replicate the V8 lulz.

Put it this way, if that warranty extension filters down to the entire lineup, I'd be willing to consider them for a daily again in the future.

NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast