2018 Kia Stinger officially unveiled (production GT concept) - Range-topping GT model gets a 365hp 3.3-liter twin-turbo V6 - Page 3
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge
    Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
      Interesting detail:

But c'mon, they could extend that LED light tube on the bottom of the tail light into the entire length of the side marker. But I'm just pulling hair

It's been a long d@mn day, but I gotta say I'd consider putting this in my driveway.

Only thing I'm not thrilled with is that fender vent/blade thing in front of the doors.

I too am curious to see what the real world performance numbers look like, by 5.1 to 60 isn't bad for the real world.

Overall, first impression
      Family Garage:
      2016 Dodge Durango Citadel AWD - mine
      2014 Dodge Durango Limited AWD - wife's
      2004 Acura TSX - for the kids to learn on and drive
      1967 Chevrolet Corvette <-- Father in Law's classic. We're just the caretaker/owners

Very nice looking, specially in black.
      as a side note the steering wheel looks like a bad photoshop (compare left side vs. right side)

2015 Nissan Murano Platinum & 2017 Jeep GC Overland

This is great. The establishment better watch out. And Alfa Romeo too - the time that they are taking, it might be too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukein View Post

Absolutely stunning.
      Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan 191 View Post
      The name Stinger seems odd for this car.
      I keep having flashbacks to GTA2.

However, its a great looking car. Good job Kia.

Bet the Stinger is going to start at more than $40K. Kia hasn't had much luck selling high priced Cadenza's and K900's. Will the Stinger fare much better?

But possibly Kia is simply trying to further position the Kia brand as yet more sporty, and help pave the way for more reasonably priced Kia sports sedans?

Can we expect new models from Kia coming, such as a BMW 3-series competitor, or does the Stinger help boost the image of the existing 'sporty' Optima SX to make it more desirable to prospective customers?

It's not a bad effort, except..

The name sucks

The bezel on the navigation display is not integrated

The 8AT most likely sucks even by AT standards
      Last edited by NoXenons; 01-08-2017 at 11:52 PM.
      Quote Originally Posted by RS-SIX View Post
      You guys are missing the point with manuals...not only does not one want to drive a manual, many active safety systems do not work with manual transmissions. Soon manual trans cars are going to be the most dangerous cars on the road. If they dont die a natural death, they will be outlawed.

Never had kia on my radar until seeing this car. Now just give us a wagon version and TCL will rejoice.

Fantastic! I could live without that shifter, though.
      PM Travy℠ |flickr | mikegilbertphotography.com | Everything you need to know | » | Scratch-It™ | Vimeo
      Quote Originally Posted by emmettlodge View Post
      Great, a Chevy Lumina thread. Now I'm going to have an erection lasting more than four hours.
      #FREEPATRICKMAN

The way they describe the Stinger in terms of its competition, if placed in the Hyundai's Genesis brand, the Stinger is between the Genesis G80 and the upcoming G70?

Kia already have the K900. So maybe the Stinger will be like Genesis' G70 and G80. If that's the case then, the G70 will be a scooch smaller and maybe cheaper than the Stinger?

It's still a Kia
      Tinted/APR CAI/APR Stage 1/Debadged/VW Chrome Exhaust Tips/DeAuto Interior LED Kit/VMR 710's 18x8.5 Matte Black/Black B7 Passat Grille/Black Front & Back Emblems/VWR Sport Springs/Bilstein Touring Shocks & Sruts/Side Mirror Retrofit/ECS Battery Cover/Retrofit GTI RSB/ECS Aspherical Mirror Set: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...13-Jetta-Build

From Evo:

Peak power is 365bhp, with 376lb ft of torque available from just 1300rpm. The 0-62mph time is 5.1 seconds, which is Kia’s best to date by a clear margin, but in a world of sub-four second hot hatches it’s brisk rather than blistering. At more than 1900kg the Stinger GT is certainly no flyweight.
      4200lbs
      Instagram: calederoo

#FREEPATRIKMAN

How does this size out compared to the A5 Sportback?

I guess since it's larger than the A4 it sizes between the A5 and the A7. Could be an interesting 'tweener option between those two.

Hmm....
      Family Garage:
      2016 Dodge Durango Citadel AWD - mine
      2014 Dodge Durango Limited AWD - wife's
      2004 Acura TSX - for the kids to learn on and drive
      1967 Chevrolet Corvette <-- Father in Law's classic. We're just the caretaker/owners

Quote Originally Posted by davewg View Post
      How does this size out compared to the A5 Sportback?

I guess since it's larger than the A4 it sizes between the A5 and the A7. Could be an interesting 'tweener option between those two.

Hmm....

It's exactly in the middle of the A5 sportback and A7, but weighs the same as the larger A7

A5: 185"
      Stinger: 190"
      A7: 195"
      Instagram: calederoo

#FREEPATRIKMAN

Looks great, inside and out.

It looks like what happens when an A7 escapes her loveless marriage and bangs Dodge Charger, her personal trainer.

I love the **** out of it. SO good. So ballsy. Such a rad interior.
      IPRO Meat-Director and High Minister of Terror-Grilling and

Quote Originally Posted by caj1 View Post
      the magniloquent messiah of the butthurt former VW owners.

Wonder if the seats can be had with surfaces made out of something other than a murdered cow.
      🍵 🚴 🍲 💤
      "I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us are. Very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad."

Quote Originally Posted by CaleDeRoo View Post
      It's exactly in the middle of the A5 sportback and A7, but weighs the same as the larger A7

A5: 185"
      Stinger: 190"
      A7: 195"
      Exact weight will probably vary on 4 vs 6 and rear vs all. A "1900kg" European quote would be a laden weight, right?

Love the hatch. Love the amber turn signals. Seems like a good car. Asking Genesis money for a Kia is still going to run into barriers though.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Tim View Post
      Wonder if the seats can be had with surfaces made out of something other than a murdered cow.
      The Kangaroo hide is a $2,000 option ($3,000 AUD).

Not bad, not bad at all. I love the A7'ish business out back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
      The Kangaroo hide is a $2,000 option ($3,000 AUD).
      Considering the fact that less people want to sit on top of a dead animal, that was a valid question.
      🍵 🚴 🍲 💤
      "I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us are. Very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad."

Hyundai (Genesis) G70 will compete with 3 series..
      and yes - Kia moving towards sporty.

Quote Originally Posted by joe1347 View Post
      Bet the Stinger is going to start at more than $40K. Kia hasn't had much luck selling high priced Cadenza's and K900's. Will the Stinger fare much better?

But possibly Kia is simply trying to further position the Kia brand as yet more sporty, and help pave the way for more reasonably priced Kia sports sedans?

Can we expect new models from Kia coming, such as a BMW 3-series competitor, or does the Stinger help boost the image of the existing 'sporty' Optima SX to make it more desirable to prospective customers?

Last edited by amdmaxx; 01-09-2017 at 09:33 AM.

no manuel, no care

also, that rear overhang

In addition to my typical TCL responses, this is great in theory. Hopefully it is good. I'm glad a manufacturer not known for this kind of thing is thinking outside of the box!
      flickr | Follow me on instagram: @ginger_reporter

Wow. I love the name, the look, and the specs so far. Hopefully Kia's legendary depreciation continues and I can think about copping one in a few years.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast