Production 2017 Honda Civic Type R finally unveiled - 306 hp and 295 lb-ft, on-sale in the spring - Page 15
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge
    Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by MRosier View Post
      I'm a technician at Honda, first one arrived yesterday and sold this morning. Sticker price is $33,900, it was sold for much more than that though. I have to say it looks a lot better in person!

For the the sake of science... and of course the financial lounge wants to know ... what was the "market adjustment " price... (if you didn't buy it you shouldn't have any problem disclosing just how much some schumck overpaid...
      /| OMGHAI |\

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodub_99.5 View Post
      For the the sake of science... and of course the financial lounge wants to know ... what was the "market adjustment " price... (if you didn't buy it you shouldn't have any problem disclosing just how much some schumck overpaid...
      In Atlanta I've heard they are selling for about $50k.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodub_99.5 View Post
      They were shooting for an adjusted market value of $10-15k. This one sold for $43k. Trust me, I don't agree with those sales tactics at all.

So I see that my automotive news feed lit up a few hours ago as The first Civic Type-R in America sold for $200,000. I now start to wonder how much of this is marketing to build interest in the car, but hey, this is the first Type-R sold in the US in a long time and the first time a Civic Type-R has ever been sold in the US, so the fact that it's a pretty darn good car based on the early reviews also helps sell it, I suppose. I'm curious to see how much they're going for 2+ years down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by AZGolf View Post
      So I see that my automotive news feed lit up a few hours ago as The first Civic Type-R in America sold for $200,000. I now start to wonder how much of this is marketing to build interest in the car, but hey, this is the first Type-R sold in the US in a long time and the first time a Civic Type-R has ever been sold in the US, so the fact that it's a pretty darn good car based on the early reviews also helps sell it, I suppose. I'm curious to see how much they're going for 2+ years down the road.
      I swung by the Honda dealer yesterday to drive the Si (pretty impressive by the way) and asked about the Type R. The said they had sold 2/3 of their allocation and the markup was going to be between 10-20k. The salesman actually cited the $200,000 first sale as a reason for justifying the markup. On the plus side, they did say to not expect a markup for the Si, though it seems that a few dealers are trying to mark those up as well.

I'm guessing by next year they'll be like the STI and WRX and be available at or below MSRP.

This thread lists the markup for a lot of the dealers with inventory.

http://www.civicx.com/threads/honda-...hty-list.9419/

You have to be one serious Honda fan boy to pay $10k-$15k over MSRP for one of these things.

^thats not the current type r.

Meanwhile in my area (Clarksville TN/Hopkinsville KY) both Honda dealers are selling for MSRP (2 have sold already)

Looks like they are dynoing around 300 whp Dynojet numbers stock. Not bad.
      '07 997.1 TT 6MT: Arctic Silver / Sea Blue. Full bolt-on OEM turbos, Robtuned (now 656 whp, 700 wtq), BBS CH-R in widebody fitment, 5.9 60-130 E85
      '14 991 GT3 Sapphire Blue / Black: Sharkwerks delete and 100mm tips: 11.30 @ 124
      '17 Tanzanite Blue M3 ZCP (Competition pack)
      Past: Evo 8, R35 GT-R, F80 M3, C6 Z06, a bunch of 335s, etc

Two dealers down in Fort Lauderdale have R's listed for 60k, lol.
      One sold yesterday at 55k. I can't believe some people are paying this?!

Quote Originally Posted by _FLASH_ View Post
      I can't believe some people are paying this?!
      This happened with the S2000, Raptor, and will continue to happen when people have to be first.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      This happened with the S2000, Raptor, and will continue to happen when people have to be first.
      More like it's happened with every hyped up car since I can remember.

Places around me are still charging markups for RS' and GT350's. For Memorial Day weekend one dealer was selling RS' for 1k under MSRP. Both of those cars have been out for over a year now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sake Bomb View Post
      More like it's happened with every hyped up car since I can remember.
      Well yeah.

When the WRX came out, some dealers said no test drives and MSRP at the very minimum...I literally laughed out loud and left. When the Golf R came, they said no test drivers and 40K plus...I again laughed and left, no need to waste my time. I never bothered with the RS when it came out. You must be crazy to pay sticker for any of these cars, forget about a mark up...LOL that is beyond insane. But I guess some people have more money than common sense.
      The World is Flat.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterM View Post
      When the WRX came out, some dealers said no test drives and MSRP at the very minimum...I literally laughed out loud and left. When the Golf R came, they said no test drivers and 40K plus...I again laughed and left, no need to waste my time. I never bothered with the RS when it came out. You must be crazy to pay sticker for any of these cars, forget about a mark up...LOL that is beyond insane. But I guess some people have more money than common sense.
      These days every damn interesting vehicle that comes out I would be glad to pay sticker on. However, like you, I have the time to wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Production 2017 Honda Civic Type R finally unveiled - 306 hp and 295 lb-ft, on-sale in the spring

Guy on the Civic forum said he paid $10,000 over MSRP for his CTR. He didn't care and I'm sure it didn't matter to him as he went to the dealer with a backpack full of cash. If you want to be the first, you have to pay to play.

If these people have the money for it and plan on keeping it for a long time who cares?

I have a feeling there will be some disappointed buyers once the excitement wears off after a few weeks or so. "I paid $40+k for this...?"
      Need VAG-COM work in CNY? PM me!

OEM+

Quote Originally Posted by derekjl View Post
      I have a feeling there will be some disappointed buyers once the excitement wears off after a few weeks or so. "I paid $40+k for this...?"
      That applies to all material possessions from cars to boats to houses to big screen TVs and smartphones. That's how the hedonistic treadmill turns.

Quote Originally Posted by AZGolf View Post
      That applies to all material possessions from cars to boats to houses to big screen TVs and smartphones. That's how the hedonistic treadmill turns.
      Not really. I don't ever recall regretting a purchase that I got a fantastic deal on. To the people that can afford to pay that much more over sticker, more power to them. But a 30-40% markup on a Civic is nothing short of laughable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OEM+

Certainly this is a cool car, but it's crazy to be paying $20k, the price of a basic Civic, over MSRP.

How much are Porsche dealers marking up the new 991.2 GT3 by?

Quote Originally Posted by vwpiloto View Post
      Certainly this is a cool car, but it's crazy to be paying $20k, the price of a basic Civic, over MSRP.

How much are Porsche dealers marking up the new 991.2 GT3 by?
      Guarantee by fall there will be dealers that can't move them off the lot and will be marking them down below sticker. $15k is a hefty price to pay instead of waiting a few months.

OEM+

Here's a laugh. These dealers must be smoking some good ****!

OEM+

Quote Originally Posted by derekjl View Post
      Here's a laugh. These dealers must be smoking some good ****!

OK, sometimes I see some sort of empty form attached next to the window sticker with the new numbers written in hand. And other times like the above under dealer-added information. So the dealer sends the info to the factory when the window sticker is printed?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyosmash View Post
      Meanwhile in my area (Clarksville TN/Hopkinsville KY) both Honda dealers are selling for MSRP (2 have sold already)
      All those fanbois from post getting theirs.

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast