Trump's 2007 F430 auctioned for $270,000
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Trump's 2007 F430 auctioned for $270,000

Hate him or love him, even if the F430 isn't my fave Ferrari I still love it.

Could there possibly be another American president that has owned a sexier car than Trump's F430? Wait a second hit the carbon ceramic brakes, over here https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...lorida-auction it's reported that Trump owned a Diablo too but I don't know what's going on with the sale of the F430 since it was originally sold for $240,000 or $10,000 below its low estimate, yet hours later the auction house reported it sold for a final sales price of $270,000. What? How can that be? Is this one more Trump scandal here?
      4 BANGER 4 LIFE

Make Ferrari Great Again.
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Madness
      Back when making your car faster and better handling was the big thing.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tavarish
      The car's best safety feature includes ejecting you in the moment of impact and wishing you the best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson Fiber View Post

Could there possibly be another American president that has owned a sexier car than Trump's F430? Wait a second hit the carbon ceramic brakes, over here https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...lorida-auction it's reported that Trump owned a Diablo too but I don't know what's going on with the sale of the F430 since it was originally sold for $240,000 or $10,000 below its low estimate, yet hours later the auction house reported it sold for a final sales price of $270,000. What? How can that be? Is this one more Trump scandal here?
      Hammer price vs all in price noob

Quote Originally Posted by JB#3709 View Post
      This. Buyers fees.
      Haven't you watched any Velocity shows?

Of course it's an F1.

Did he asked for the car to be re-fitted with german electronics and painted orange ?
      🍵 🚴 🍲 💤
      "I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us are. Very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad."

He never struck me a F car kinda guy i fifured he'd do something like an XLR evenbthoub he could afford a fleet of them

Quote Originally Posted by ImpeccableNEW View Post
      He never struck me a F car kinda guy i fifured he'd do something like an XLR evenbthoub he could afford a fleet of them
      I agree. He seems much more like a being-driven-around-in-a-fleet-of-Town-Cars kind of guy.

I wonder if he ever actually drove it

He never struck me a F car kinda guy
      a) Trophy wife
      b) Weird hair
      c) insatiable need to be center of attention

Seems like that kinda guy to me
      Germans are white people. Look up #84 on the list of things white people like: Gear. Lots of Gear. We even have gear farkles over here. -Atomicalex

Upon my word I have had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers. -James Byford McCudden

Quote Originally Posted by Silly_me View Post
      a) Trophy wife
      b) Weird hair

Seems like that kinda guy to me

You're forgetting

d) Oh, look! A squirrel!
      🍵 🚴 🍲 💤
      "I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us are. Very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad."

Seems strange he'd have a base model Ferrari.

I'd imagine his ego would require a gold wrapped Enzo or at least something with a V12.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly_me View Post
      a) Trophy wife
      b) Weird hair
      Quote Originally Posted by J-Tim View Post
      d) Oh, look! A squirrel!
      e)???
      f) PROFIT

Quote Originally Posted by RobMarkToo View Post
      I wonder if he ever actually drove it
      He drove it. He drove it spectacularly well. You're not gonna believe how much he drove it. It was tremendous. Yuuuge yuuuuge roadtrips. Nobody does road trips like him.
      Quote Originally Posted by Elbows View Post
      Igor Natan Segala...that beautiful bastard. I made out with him one time behind a Red Lobster in Mookala, Wisconsin - on a bet. Little did he know that the simple kiss and $7.48 would lead to life-changing consequences. That was before the war, before this all happened. (stares out over the nuclear wasteland)
      Support Your Local Homebrewery

As if I needed anymore reasons to hate ferrari drivers.... Or trump

IN
      Need VAG-COM work in CNY? PM me!

OEM+

Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      He drove it. He drove it spectacularly well. You're not gonna believe how much he drove it. It was tremendous. Yuuuge yuuuuge roadtrips. Nobody does road trips like him.
      6,000 miles. Around Vegas I imagine?

Quote Originally Posted by Form Ocean View Post
      e)???
      f) YUUUGE PROFIT
      FTFY

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver@triplezoom View Post
      Of course it's an F1.
      I would be surprised if any elite politician still drove a stick. Yeah yeah Cindy McCain but she's not a politician.
      Quote Originally Posted by RS-SIX View Post
      You guys are missing the point with manuals...not only does not one want to drive a manual, many active safety systems do not work with manual transmissions. Soon manual trans cars are going to be the most dangerous cars on the road. If they dont die a natural death, they will be outlawed.

I could have sworn I read F450, what with his "big" hands and all.

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric/286588.png
      The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." -Benjamin Franklin
      Kind regards,
      James

Quote Originally Posted by 1Point8TDan View Post
      6,000 miles. Around Vegas I imagine?
      How far away is the Bunny Ranch?
      Quote Originally Posted by Elbows View Post
      Igor Natan Segala...that beautiful bastard. I made out with him one time behind a Red Lobster in Mookala, Wisconsin - on a bet. Little did he know that the simple kiss and $7.48 would lead to life-changing consequences. That was before the war, before this all happened. (stares out over the nuclear wasteland)
      Support Your Local Homebrewery

Quote Originally Posted by JB#3709 View Post
      Actually if you had read the article you'd realize it didn't meet reserve and never hammered; it sold after it left the podium.
      Last edited by mhjett; 04-05-2017 at 06:36 AM.
      2008 VW Jetta SE 2.5
      1995 VW Jetta GLX VR6 [07.2003 - 03.2012]

Quote Originally Posted by Carson Fiber View Post

It says it right in the first paragraph. Car did not meet reserve, which means it was not sold on the block. Bidding was $240,000 and the reserve must have been $250,000. The deal was negotiated after the bidding stopped and the car failed to meet reserve. The $270,000 is probably a combination sales price plus a discounted buyers premium where the auction house gave up some portion of the premium to seal the deal. If the numbers are close it usually makes sense to work a deal to avoid shipping the car home and then going through the cost of putting it back up for auction.
      RIP BostonMk4
      4,290 posts

Might be a good investment. Unless more of his old cars hit the floor, of course. Has he owned anything really rare?

Quote Originally Posted by worth_fixing View Post
      I could have sworn I read F450, what with his "big" hands and all.

To be honest when I saw this thread I thought he was auctioning a F450 and not a F430
      Too damn early for this crap
      "Look pal, I'm an engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like: what is beauty? Because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of Philosophy. I solve practical problems!" ~ Dell C.
      Proud owner of a 2015 GTI SE (midnight blue) with performance pack, lighting package and 6 speed

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast