2018 Nissan 370Z Heritage Edition revealed in New York - Celebrates the Z's 50th Anniversary
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge
    Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

2018 Nissan 370Z Heritage Edition revealed in New York - Celebrates the Z's 50th Anniversary

Quote Originally Posted by Press Release
      2018 Nissan 370Z Heritage Edition previewed at New York International Auto Show

- New Nissan 370Z Heritage Edition debuts at New York International Auto Show
      - Features 2018 370Z Coupe model enhancements – including refined exterior treatment and high-performance clutch (manual transmission)
      - Heritage Edition offered in choice of Chicane Yellow or Magnetic Black exterior colors, with yellow interior trim and custom graphics
      - Scheduled to arrive at Nissan dealers nationwide in spring 2017

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (April 5, 2017) – The calendar says 2017, but Nissan is offering a special early preview of the 2018 370Z Coupe Heritage Edition at next week’s New York International Auto Show. The Heritage Edition honors the iconic Nissan sports car as it approaches its 50th anniversary at the end of the decade since its launch under the Datsun brand.

The Heritage Edition also incorporates enhancements to the 370Z Coupe for the 2018 model year, including new headlight and rear combination light treatment, new rear fascia paint scheme, smoke chrome door handles and new EXEDY® high-performance clutch (manual transmission). The 2018 370Z Coupe goes on sale in spring 2017.

Available on the base 370Z Coupe, the best-selling and most affordable trim level, the Heritage Edition package is offered in two exterior colors. The Chicane Yellow Heritage Edition features black outside mirrors, gloss black graphics and yellow interior trim. The Magnetic Black Heritage Edition includes gloss silver graphics and yellow interior trim.

“Over the past five decades there have been a number of special Z® trim packages that have added a sense of customization straight off the showroom floor,” said Michael Bunce, vice president, Product Planning, Nissan North America, Inc. “The new 2018 370Z Heritage Edition honors that tradition, blending it with the modern design and performance of the 2018 370Z. We’re pleased to be debuting the new Heritage Edition in New York, one of the top Z® markets from the very beginning.”

The 370Z Heritage Edition will be available with a standard 332-horsepower 3.7-liter DOHC V6 engine with Variable Valve Event and Lift Control (VVEL) and a choice of 6-speed manual or 7-speed automatic with Downshift Rev Matching (DRM).

The 370Z Heritage Edition will be joined by the new 2017 Nissan GT-R Track Edition at the New York International Auto Show. Also on display at the Nissan booth will be a number of specially-modified Nissan Rogue and Rogue Sport crossovers. The show runs April 14–23, 2017 at Jacob Javits Convention Center.
      Twitter | Tumblr | Instagram | PSN: dsgolson | XBL: Ryukein
      Quote Originally Posted by ClothSeats View Post
      In after Ryukein seal of approval.
      Quote Originally Posted by IridiumB6 View Post
      Your photos don't qualify for the Ryukein seal of approval
      |||||||

I think I like it.... yeah I do.
      Muh cahs: allpic My 3 C's- Challenger, Camaro & Corrado -*Dusk Edition SS-*Group -*Challenger RT
      Quote Originally Posted by GoHomePossum View Post
      The head gardeners name is Lawn?
      Quote Originally Posted by Shmi View Post
      Hey leave him alone. Get off Mike Lawn.
      Quote Originally Posted by geofftii2002 View Post
      All chaps are assless. If chaps have an ass then then they're pants.

Nissan needs to replace the 370Z soon..its getting a bit old. Burnt orange was the best color for the 240Z, not sure if this 370Z is the same color.

Blog Entries
      The Z is probably my favorite asian car at the current time, but when are they going to be replacing this ancient vehicle with something more modern? I'd rather have a regular sport package Z all day long over this tacky looking special edition.

The 370Z seems like the current generation itself is 50 years old.
      Quote Originally Posted by 20aeman View Post
      No, the real enthusiast vehicle would be the RX8. It combines V12 Lamborghini gas mileage with Hyundai Genesis 4cyl. performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Double-V View Post
      It's funny because it's true.

It's like yes it's old, but going back to 2009 isn't as old as a lot of other cars out there, yet for some reason it feels like it's 20 years old and WAYYYYY overdue for replacement.

In other news, I don't remember the last time I saw one on the road, or even on a dealer's lot to sell. Talk about a dud.

Quote Originally Posted by Double-V View Post
      Really, they could just do a 100% cosmetic "new model" and it would boost sales considerably since style us so important in the sporty coupe market (hard to sell news ones for 35k with so many used ones looking similar on the market for much less).
      Oh and make it CVT only.
      "Sometimes, I have a sudden urge to fart on this chair."

The 80's called.. wants its steering wheel back. What is that? Barf Yellow?
      Something about a fresh start: I have mine everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by puma1552 View Post
      It's funny because it's true.

It's like yes it's old, but going back to 2009 isn't as old as a lot of other cars out there, yet for some reason it feels like it's 20 years old and WAYYYYY overdue for replacement.

In other news, I don't remember the last time I saw one on the road, or even on a dealer's lot to sell. Talk about a dud.
      The problem is that the competition has advanced so rapidly as the Z stayed the same. When the 370z made its debut in 2008, the 5th gen Camaro didn't exist and the 4th gen had been out of the market for over 5 years. The Mustang GT made less power, had a solid rear axle, and a transmission dating back to the early 80s. Today, the Mustang GT and Camaro SS (which can be had for less in the real world) make over 100HP more than the Z and can actually handle. It's a totally different world.

Quote Originally Posted by puma1552 View Post
      There's not a lot of cars on the market that haven't been redesigned since then. The most obvious ones that comes to mind are just more Nissans (GT-R and Frontier).

A totally new Z is a few years off, still.
      Twitter | Tumblr | Instagram | PSN: dsgolson | XBL: Ryukein
      Quote Originally Posted by ClothSeats View Post
      In after Ryukein seal of approval.
      Quote Originally Posted by IridiumB6 View Post
      Your photos don't qualify for the Ryukein seal of approval
      |||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Nealric View Post
      The problem is that the competition has advanced so rapidly as the Z stayed the same. When the 370z made its debut in 2008, the 5th gen Camaro didn't exist and the 4th gen had been out of the market for over 5 years. The Mustang GT made less power, had a solid rear axle, and a transmission dating back to the early 80s. Today, the Mustang GT and Camaro SS (which can be had for less in the real world) make over 100HP more than the Z and can actually handle. It's a totally different world.
      They knocked down the MSRP by like $3k in 2014 or 2015 to boost sales and it still didn't work, and dealers were pissed they had year old models they absolutely couldn't sell after that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver@triplezoom View Post
      There's not a lot of cars on the market that haven't been redesigned since then. The most obvious ones that comes to mind are just more Nissans (GT-R and Frontier).
      True, but '09 isn't totally out of the realm, it's not like it goes back to '04 or '05. VW has a couple vehicles in its portfolio that are as old or older, etc. Granted, there doesn't seem to be a replacement on the horizon for the Z either, which doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino_Latino View Post
      Nissan needs to replace the 370Z soon..its getting a bit old. Burnt orange was the best color for the 240Z, not sure if this 370Z is the same color.

I really wish Nissan would give the next Z a retro design like Ford did with the mustang, chevy with the camaro, VW with the beetle, porsche with the 911. NO Z has look quite as good as the original

That treatment is delightfully 1970s looking. I like it.

The 370Z looks much better with that red reflector where the 'anus' used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike! View Post

The 370Z looks much better with that red reflector where the 'anus' used to be.
      i dunno, now it just looks like an inflamed anus

I am guessing if the Godzilla GTR is already 10 years old and still has no plan for new generation, it's little brother 370z can sure forget about it. I rather Nissan stop making 370z, save some $$ and come back again.

“I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack

For the sake of authenticity, the yellow bits of the interior were applied with a rattle can.... true story.

I like the retro exterior color & graphics, and the seats are OK, but I've never liked these cars (350/370) as much as I've wanted to... still a YUGE fan of the OG '70s models tho!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ryukein, April 4, 2017 View Post
      Well, I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukein View Post
      I still love how the Z looks on the outside but how have they not even just updated the interior design? Everything about that looks utterly terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboREX View Post
      I really wish Nissan would give the next Z a retro design like Ford did with the mustang, chevy with the camaro, VW with the beetle, porsche with the 911. NO Z has look quite as good as the original
      This. And put a 4 cylinder turbo in it ala the SR20

Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
      I still love how the Z looks on the outside but how have they not even just updated the interior design? Everything about that looks utterly terrible.
      I suppose they took a cue from Subaru on not updating the STI engine for 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
      Sorry those interior upgrade R&D $$$ went to GTR...
      “I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack

Quote Originally Posted by TBomb View Post
      This. And put a 4 cylinder turbo in it ala the SR20
      Every Z ever has been a 6-cylinder.

Go find a "why did Nissan kill the IDX thread" to pine in.

Lame.

Presenting us with a suitable replacement would be a far better to celebrate it's 50th.
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      You're a self-serving Japanese car-hating asshat.
      I drive two Japanese cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
      Every Z ever has been a 6-cylinder.

Go find a "why did Nissan kill the IDX thread" to pine in.

That car was perfect. I'll forever hate Nissan for dropping it.
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      You're a self-serving Japanese car-hating asshat.
      I drive two Japanese cars.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast