2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan and Coupe revealed - 205 hp and 192 lb-ft from a 1.5-liter turbocharged engine, on-sale in May
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge
    Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan and Coupe revealed - 205 hp and 192 lb-ft from a 1.5-liter turbocharged engine, on-sale in May

Quote Originally Posted by Press Release
      Honda Reveals 2017 Civic Si Coupe and Sedan in Dynamic Global Debut Video

First ever turbocharged Civic Si is most agile, best-handling Si yet
      Standard features include Apple Carplay™ and Android Auto™
      Production reveal of Civic Si Coupe and Sedan variants on YouTube

TORRANCE, Calif., Apr. 6, 2017 – The all-new Honda Civic Si Coupe and Civic Si Sedan debuted today in a global reveal video broadcast on Honda’s YouTube channel at honda.us/2017CivicSiReveal. The exciting and dynamic video features the stylish, personal two-door coupe and sleek, accommodating four-door sedan - both sporty Si variants are designed for the everyday enthusiast. The new Civic Si Sedan and Coupe will go on-sale next month with an MSRP in the mid-$20,000 range.

“The 2017 Honda Civic Si is our first turbocharged Si and sets a new sporty compact benchmark in terms of agility and precise handling while building toward the launch of the Type R as the final chapter in our epic 10th-generation Civic story,” said Jeff Conrad, senior vice president automobile division, American Honda.

Powertrain and chassis

Powering the Civic Si is a high-performance, high-torque 1.5-liter, directed-injected and turbocharged DOHC in-line 4-cylinder engine with dual variable cam timing (dual VTC). Mated to a short-throw, 6-speed manual transmission, the powertrain provides a thrilling new driving experience with more low-end grunt and increased torque output across the engine’s full rev range compared to the previous Si. Peak horsepower of 205 horsepower1 arrives 1300 rpm lower in the rev range, and the increased peak torque of 192 lb-ft2 (+18 lb-ft) is produced 2300 rpm earlier and sustained over 70 percent of the rev range.

Allowing full utilization of the powertrain, the 2017 Civic Si is significantly lighter than the previous generation model and features a more rigid body including highly upgraded chassis and drive components. These upgrades include a dual-pinion adaptive electric power steering system with variable ratios, sport-tuned suspension, an adaptive damper system, a helical limited-slip differential, larger 12.3-inch front brake rotors and wider 235/40 R18 tires with a performance tire option. In addition to adaptive dampers, suspension upgrades include stiffer spring rates, more rigid stabilizer bars (+30 percent front, +60 percent rear), solid front and rear compliance bushings, and ultra-rigid front upper control arms shared with the Civic Type R.

Allowing the driver to choose vehicle power and chassis dynamic characteristics according to their tastes and the driving environment, the 2017 Civic Si now features two driving mode options: Normal and Sport. From the more comfort-oriented yet well controlled default Normal Mode, the Sport Mode adjusts the suspension damping characteristics plus steering and throttle response for a more taut and direct driving experience.

Sporty design and styling

Upping the sporty style quotient from the standard Civic Sedan and Coupe, the Si models feature an aggressive black “wing” front fascia with larger side air intake features, 18-inch 10-spoke alloy wheels with a model-exclusive two-tone finish, wearing 235mm-wide, low-profile tires, and a chrome center-mounted polygonal exhaust finisher. At the rear, the Si Sedan includes larger side vent features and a deck lid spoiler incorporating a LED brake light. The Si Coupe continues the Civic Coupe’s distinctive full-width light bar and adds a prominent raised spoiler.

The Civic Si interior features Si-exclusive bolstered front sport seats with red stitching, including stitched Si logos. The red sport stitching carries through to the doors, steering wheel and leather shift boot with aluminum shift knob. The Si interior also features a red driver’s TFT meter and audio system illumination, aluminum sport pedals and Dry Metal Carbon instrument panel trim.

Interior Comfort, Convenience and Connectivity
      The new Civic Si variants offers premium comfort and convenience features building off of the EX-T Civic Sedan and EX-T Civic Coupe, including:

Remote engine start
      Electronic parking brake
      Walk away door locking
      Dual-zone automatic climate control
      Heated front seats
      Rain-sensing wipers
      Accommodating modern connectivity needs, the new Civic Si also includes a 7-inch Display Audio touchscreen that serves as the nerve center for control of audio, HVAC and other functions. The Display Audio is integrated with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ platforms, providing seamless integration of smartphone features and functions, including app-based navigation, streaming audio, voice-controlled search capabilities, and access to a host of Apple- or Google-approved smartphone apps. All Si models feature a 450-watt, 10-speaker AM/FM/CD sound system with SiriusXM® Radio, HD Radio™ and Pandora® capability.

Safety
      The 2017 Civic Si Coupe and Sedan are designed to provide a high level of collision safety performance in a wide variety of collision scenarios, including offset and oblique-angle frontal collisions as well as side and rear impacts. The Civic's safety performance starts with its class-leading forward visibility and precise, stable and predictable steering, handling and braking performance. Standard four-channel anti-lock brakes (ABS) with Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD), Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA)4 with traction control and Agile Handling Assist further enhance dynamic stability and emergency maneuvering and braking performance. The Civic Si targets the highest NCAP 5-star Overall Vehicle Score.

Manufacturing
      The 2017 Civic Si Coupe and Sedan for the U.S. market will be produced at Honda's plant in Ontario, Canada, using domestic and globally sourced parts. Its engine is produced in Anna, Ohio using domestic and globally sourced parts, at the largest automobile engine plant in Honda's global production network.
      Last edited by Ryukein; 04-06-2017 at 11:06 AM.
      Twitter | Tumblr | Instagram | PSN: dsgolson | XBL: Ryukein
      Quote Originally Posted by ClothSeats View Post
      In after Ryukein seal of approval.
      Quote Originally Posted by IridiumB6 View Post
      Your photos don't qualify for the Ryukein seal of approval
      |||||||

That coupe is fantastic. Add the jewel LED headlights and it's perfect.

Am I crazy or does this look much better than the hatchback? It would probably even look a little better with that rear wing/spoiler removed.

Coupe looks good! I would start saving up for wheel locks and lo-jacks.

Blog Entries
      I miss the days when the Civic was small
      Project Corrado RS: Keep Up

Quote Originally Posted by Krazee View Post
      I miss the days when the Civic was small
      I miss the days when 16" wheels were huge.

Fake exhaust tip
      Fake holes in the bumpers
      Fake volume knob

Nope, I'll still rather have a 94 Lude.
      Quote Originally Posted by RS-SIX View Post
      You guys are missing the point with manuals...not only does not one want to drive a manual, many active safety systems do not work with manual transmissions. Soon manual trans cars are going to be the most dangerous cars on the road. If they dont die a natural death, they will be outlawed.

I actually think the sedan looks best.
      Quote Originally Posted by Doug Butabi View Post
      And on the tenth day of the two thousand fifteenth year, TCL finds out about rich people.

Quote Originally Posted by TangoRed View Post
      Really? I like the sedan but I just don't see any sportiness about its look/shape.

I do too.
      Twitter | Tumblr | Instagram | PSN: dsgolson | XBL: Ryukein
      Quote Originally Posted by ClothSeats View Post
      In after Ryukein seal of approval.
      Quote Originally Posted by IridiumB6 View Post
      Your photos don't qualify for the Ryukein seal of approval
      |||||||

The rear bumper on the sedan is god-awful.

Heated seats, 450-watt stereo w/carplay, & LSD standard. Hell of a deal.
      Sent from my tablet while sipping weak drinks over fancy brunch with a view

I would seriously consider one of these, but the Predator mouth is just a non-starter for me.

Dan
      Former: '87 Jetta GLI, '97 Jetta GL, '01 A4 1.8TQ, '08 TT Roadster, '01 325Cic (RIP), lots o' Miatas
      Current: '15 Mazda6, '94 Miata, '10 Miata

Will buy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FV-QR

Ehhh not bad?
      Past: 94 Jetta, 89 Accord (beater), 97 Jetta GT, 91 Mazda 626 (beater), 02 Audi A4, 07 Civic (commuter), 06 BMW 330i, 12 GTI

remote start on a manuel as standard kit? I don't think I've ever seen that.

Quote Originally Posted by MN Mongo View Post
      I agree. Though I don't know why it wouldn't be possible if the car is in neutral and parking brake is up.

Quote Originally Posted by George Bluth View Post
      Really? I like the sedan but I just don't see any sportiness about its look/shape.

I agree. But that's what I like about it.

Quote Originally Posted by MN Mongo View Post
      Was thinking that as well...

Quote Originally Posted by George Bluth View Post
      It looks less sporty but I really hate this design detail in the coupe:

That protruding area where the Honda symbol is makes it looks like it has a fat upper lip or something.
      Quote Originally Posted by Doug Butabi View Post
      And on the tenth day of the two thousand fifteenth year, TCL finds out about rich people.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyfingers View Post
      I agree. Though I don't know why it wouldn't be possible if the car is in neutral and parking brake is up.
      oh, people have been doing it for years, bypassing the clutch depress switch in the ignition. only problem is that when you hack it like that and forget you left it in gear, your car could end up in the yard, through the garage, or the starter burned out.

That protruding area where the Honda symbol is makes it looks like it has a fat upper lip or something.
      Lol gotchu.

I think I read it on CL or somewhere so I'm not sure how original this idea is but the way I read it was:

These last few generations of Toyota's and Honda's could be best sum up as: A Honda and Toyota designer meet up somewhere and make a bet to see who can make the ugliest styled vehicles possible without affecting sales numbers.

This is what it has come down to. And they will continue to get uglier (ok they call it different) until people stop buying them.

Can't be unseen.....

Blog Entries
      It's not a great looking car, but far less offensive than the type r. Why still stick with ~200hp though? Is that the best the 1.5L can reliably muster?

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast