New Car Purchase Take Two - Page 10
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge
    Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
      Lincoln MKX AWD with the 2.7 Ecoboost seems to be fast, quiet and comfortable. And it has pretty nice looking interior too.

Quote Originally Posted by davewg View Post
      June isn't that far off. Can you get by for 6 weeks?
      6 weeks to save $10k, yeah.

You could rent a car if you had to an still be money ahead.

The only issue is there isn't a guaranty GM will offer the same discount this year.

Quote Originally Posted by PoorHouse View Post
      6 weeks to save $10k, yeah.

You could rent a car if you had to an still be money ahead.

The only issue is there isn't a guaranty GM will offer the same discount this year.
      We can borrow a car if needed.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...2897/overview/

Also thinking about this.

16 328xi wagon, was an employee 1 year lease at BMW USA HQ.

Loaded.

http://www.burgertuning.com/stage_1_...ce_tuners.html

Anddddd it is attorney time.

I'll post back once everything has been settled.

The dealers self insured company is trying to f us in the a. Making us go through hoops galore.

Quote Originally Posted by Aonarch View Post

The dealers self insured company is trying to f us in the a. Making us go through hoops galore.
      Ugh. That's annoying. Make sure they pay for your legal fees too.

Chris
      | 2017 Korean Appliance SE | 2008 Suburban LTZ | 2003 Dodge Ram | 2002 BMW 530i con mañuel | 1974 SuperBeetle x 2 | 1979 Camaro | 1975 Scout |
      The poster formerly known as 200HP4dr

Dang, sorry to hear. Hoping for a favorable (to you) outcome!
      LS1 Volvo Thread

Previously owned - MkV R32 #3917, 2008 Silverado 1500 VHO 4x4

They valued the car as a V6 and their private fire inspector said the fire was inconclusive. He has no idea where it happened or how. Which is ****ing hilarious.

Crooks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sonderwunsch View Post
      People have been complaining about modern BMWs lacking steering feel so they are adding torque steer.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernie McCracken View Post
      I don't trust the judgment of anyone who likes black wheels.
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      I find it ironic that long time Euro brand fans would assume long term reliability issues would destroy any love of a unique product.

They valued the car as a V6 and their private fire inspector said the fire was inconclusive. He has no idea where it happened or how. Which is ****ing hilarious.

Crooks.

I don't know how the USA works in liability cases, but up here in Canuckistan if you're pissed at someone, you specifically name everyone. The appraiser/fire guy, the mechanic, the lot boy, the service advisor. Anyone that touched your car - by name. It's a good tactic to get the corporate dealer to just give up quick and settle to your advantage. No one as an employee wants to get thrown under a bus.

Go. For Blood.

It's a shame they brought it to this. Destroy them.
      --
      2016 Discount Brand S3
      1987 Peugeot PB-18 – Manual Power
      1986 Mid-Engine Supercar

Yeah that is the scattergun approach. Leaving it all up to the attorney.

I'd love to want a 328i wagon, but if they drive anything like the 328/330i sedans I've driven, I just cannot get excited about them.

I'd either wait for an SS or an XC60, personally.

Crooks.

So what did they actually offer you, $20k?

Quote Originally Posted by puma1552 View Post
      So what did they actually offer you, $20k?
      After hammering them for a week and pointing out there appraisal mistake, $33k was their final number including $3600 in mods just installed, tax, title, etc.

I'm pulling $38-44k w/o mods or tax/ fees as my number.

They are at least $10k off, minimum.

I never heard their first number, but when the claims adjuster lady actually said, "I hope you have GAP insurance, because you will need to use it" I knew something was very, very wrong.
      Last edited by Aonarch; 04-24-2017 at 08:08 PM.

After hammering them for a week and pointing out there appraisal mistake, $33k was their final number including $3600 in mods just installed, tax, title, etc.

I'm pulling $38-44k w/o mods or tax/ fees as my number.

They are at least $10k off, minimum.

I never heard their first number, but when the claims adjuster lady actually said, "I hope you have GAP insurance, because you will need to use it" I knew something was very, very wrong.
      What did the car sticker for?

Quote Originally Posted by puma1552 View Post
      What did the car sticker for?
      IIRC $46k.

IIRC $46k.
      That sucks. I'd be pissed too considering your car caught fire and its a 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly_me View Post

I'd do it.
      Just wanted to chime in that these are relatively "Cheap to run" since you get 5yrs/60k mile bumper to bumper warranty and 5yrs/60k miles of maintenance included with the purchase. The 3.0L supercharged straight 6 and zf 8 speed seem pretty reliable too. If gas milage and price is an issue you can opt for the diesel to save some $$$ upfront and it's rated at 26mpg city / 33mpg highway.

THIS IS WHY THEY CALL THEM STEALERSHIPS!

The really obnoxious thing about these so called businesses is that they constantly whine, bitch, and complain that customers
      have it all wrong, and that they are "misunderstood" when it comes to problems you have with them....

Your experience and so many more prove that it's the way they do business!

Didn't you pay $34k for it? What mods did you have?
      Quote Originally Posted by RS-SIX View Post
      You guys are missing the point with manuals...not only does not one want to drive a manual, many active safety systems do not work with manual transmissions. Soon manual trans cars are going to be the most dangerous cars on the road. If they dont die a natural death, they will be outlawed.

Quote Originally Posted by NoXenons View Post
      Didn't you pay $34k for it? What mods did you have?
      Paid over $40 after tax etc. but remember that was 20% off deal. Insurance needs to pay whatever it costs for me to replace the car.

Paint correction, ceramic coating, brakes, interior kit, metal center caps, intake.

West Coast, not that west coast. Bay area, not that bay area.
      Paid over $40 after tax etc. but remember that was 20% off deal. Insurance needs to pay whatever it costs for me to replace the car.

Paint correction, ceramic coating, brakes, interior kit, metal center caps, intake.

What kind of an intake did you put on it? Are you talking about an air filter/cold air kit?

What's your thinking with replacement? Dealer negligence resulted in total loss? Manf defect that caused fire?

If that is the case I would expect them to give you a new Camaro spec'd exactly like yours, not write a check for replacement cost.

They are saying the cause of fire is unknown. Therefore, they want to settle like a regular total loss for market value. If they have the wrong trim level that would result in the value being so far off. IIRC you have insurance experience. You know the market value for your mods is way less than retail.

Depending on the angle here the attorney may not be necessary. If it's a value dispute on market value the attorney isn't going to add much and they won't pay attorney fees.
      If you are suing them for replacement the attorney will be necessary. The catch though will be they will offer a replacement Camaro which isn't what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by spockcat View Post
      What kind of an intake did you put on it? Are you talking about an air filter/cold air kit?
      Rotofab intake, not a manifold.

VVV And the mods were installed two months ago, not 5 years ago.

http://marylandspeed.com/rotofab-col...50-p-7362.html

Quote Originally Posted by PoorHouse View Post
      What's your thinking with replacement? Dealer negligence resulted in total loss? Manf defect that caused fire?

If that is the case I would expect them to give you a new Camaro spec'd exactly like yours, not write a check for replacement cost.

They are saying the cause of fire is unknown. Therefore, they want to settle like a regular total loss for market value. If they have the wrong trim level that would result in the value being so far off. IIRC you have insurance experience. You know the market value for your mods is way less than retail.

Depending on the angle here the attorney may not be necessary. If it's a value dispute on market value the attorney isn't going to add much and they won't pay attorney fees.
      If you are suing them for replacement the attorney will be necessary. The catch though will be they will offer a replacement Camaro which isn't what you want.
      The insurance company is claiming the fire inspection, by their private in-house inspector, came back inconclusive. My appraiser came back and stated it clearly was an engine fire. If you put it all together, I'd say it is safe to say the dealership caused the issue.

Why didn't the car's engine catch on fire until the dealer had worked on it for two weeks and not before? Because negligence. The dealer is filing a claim separately through GM to cover their loss. The car will be covered under market value.

Attorney is the family attorney, and we will start out gently. 3rd party appraisal + demand letter. That is in the works now. This could be over tomorrow.

The insurance company is claiming the fire inspection, by their private in-house inspector, came back inconclusive. My appraiser came back and stated it clearly was an engine fire. If you put it all together, I'd say it is safe to say the dealership caused the issue.

Why didn't the car's engine catch on fire until the dealer had worked on it for two weeks and not before? Because negligence. The dealer is filing a claim separately through GM to cover their loss. The car will be covered under market value.

Attorney is the family attorney, and we will start out gently. 3rd party appraisal + demand letter. That is in the works now. This could be over tomorrow.

Honestly, curious to see how this plays out, hopefully in your favor. There's an SS out there with your name on it
      Family Garage:
      2016 Dodge Durango Citadel AWD - mine
      2014 Dodge Durango Limited AWD - wife's
      2004 Acura TSX - for the kids to learn on and drive
      1967 Chevrolet Corvette <-- Father in Law's classic. We're just the caretaker/owners

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast