VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

There is something seriously wrong with my WRX...

8K views 76 replies 45 participants last post by  Hostile 
#1 ·
So I bought this car sort of on a whim. I never liked Subaru and after 2 years of owning this 2015 WRX I am beginning to think that there is something seriously wrong with it. Let me explain a little. First and foremost, it doesn't rattle...I read on the internet that ALL Subarus rattle. Then I think the check engine light has been disabled by the dealer because it has not come on yet...I have driven this car hard in temps ranging from well below 0 to 100 plus..still nothing :sly:. Zero oil consumption or leaks...This is not normal for a high strung small displacement FI engine. Then I still want to drive it EVERYWHERE...I mean EVERYWHERE, it is way too much fun, a car should not be this fun, specially after 2 years. Then there is little to no body roll. Did they forget to remove the strut pucks at the dealer ? :confused: . Then I get these hand waves from other Subaru owners...OK what is that all about? I am used to the middle finger from other drivers when I had my BMW, this is weird. Also, what is this sorcery, I step on the gas and this car has zero torque steer and it feels glued to the road. It also shoves you into the seat but returns 25 MPG in mixed driving, this is not right. Anyways, I still have warranty left so I am going to have it checked out. End rant.

#2 ·
interesting read... would read again

in other news, i had my local diner make me a breakfast sandwich instead of a bagel for breakfast.
she made it with whatever she felt like putting in it. she's basically the spanish mother in law i never had.

i enjoyed it

#13 ·
I have the same problem with my SS. It hauls $ss, I can keep the rear end under control despite 415 HP, it doesn't feel nearly as big as it is (REALLY, Chevy??)... Something's badly wrong here, time to lemon law our cars. (and steal food from people who don't get the joke... [eats dieselraver's sandwich])

#22 ·
It would probably come down to a coin toss for me between them two. Few dealers in my area advertise the '17 GTI sport models for 23,500-25,000, that is a heck of a deal for that car. I actually like the GTI more than the Golf R and I think that overall it is one great enthusiast package that is hard to beat :beer:.

#24 ·
Better take it to a dealer and see what's up. Just a 95-150 diagnostic fee. Better safe than sorry right.

Just be prepared for the worst to happen with that car.
It's usually when nothing else is going on then WHAM. Blown engine.Smoking with oil leaking through every gasket possible.
Kinda like an angry person. Super quiet then ends up killing everyone in their path.

#41 ·
Interpolating out, I should have no fewer than 300 rattles then. My swaybar does squeak. I'm guessing ringlands.

But do you really only drive 1.5 month per rattle?

#43 ·
Spend some time at the rev limiter to test your check engine light. Works for me.
Do it on a dirt track too.

#51 ·
#52 ·
I disagree. This is one of the very few cars I like more and more as the time goes on. The 2015 has a very stiff suspension and had a wacky tune before the recall so that is probably why many people traded them in, expecting more refined ride. 2016's and up remedied both issues, with the Premium and Limited getting a softer set-up. I knew exactly what I was getting the minute I left the parking lot for a test drive. It is by far the best selling WRX to date and also best selling car in this class.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.