There is something seriously wrong with my WRX...
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge
    Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

There is something seriously wrong with my WRX...

So I bought this car sort of on a whim. I never liked Subaru and after 2 years of owning this 2015 WRX I am beginning to think that there is something seriously wrong with it. Let me explain a little. First and foremost, it doesn't rattle...I read on the internet that ALL Subarus rattle. Then I think the check engine light has been disabled by the dealer because it has not come on yet...I have driven this car hard in temps ranging from well below 0 to 100 plus..still nothing . Zero oil consumption or leaks...This is not normal for a high strung small displacement FI engine. Then I still want to drive it EVERYWHERE...I mean EVERYWHERE, it is way too much fun, a car should not be this fun, specially after 2 years. Then there is little to no body roll. Did they forget to remove the strut pucks at the dealer ? . Then I get these hand waves from other Subaru owners...OK what is that all about? I am used to the middle finger from other drivers when I had my BMW, this is weird. Also, what is this sorcery, I step on the gas and this car has zero torque steer and it feels glued to the road. It also shoves you into the seat but returns 25 MPG in mixed driving, this is not right. Anyways, I still have warranty left so I am going to have it checked out. End rant.

Brooklyn NYC - Current Cars: - '16 VW GLI SEL DSG '15 VW Touareg TDI Lux '01 Accord
      interesting read... would read again

in other news, i had my local diner make me a breakfast sandwich instead of a bagel for breakfast.
      she made it with whatever she felt like putting in it. she's basically the spanish mother in law i never had.

i enjoyed it

Looking for a new or used Volkswagen in NY/NJ/CT? PM me! I offer bottom line pricing! GTI Monster Mats & Gorilla Liner for Sale! http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...la-Trunk-Liner

ok

Plug a codereader into the OBDII port. That should show you any codes if the light for some reason is burned out.

Dammit, that looks delicious...Would eat.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterM View Post
      Dammit, that looks delicious...Would eat.
      But you haven't even seen what she looks like yet.
      "Sometimes, I have a sudden urge to fart on this chair."

Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      But you haven't even seen what she looks like yet.
      At this point, does it really matter?

Sounds like a well glued together piece of australian machinery.
      Originally Posted by Sonderwunsch
      Did it suck? Was it the 80's? Did GM build it?

The answer is yes, someone thought that was a good idea.

Despite your lack of issues, I think I would still cruise a 2017 Civic over this.
      History | C7 Z51 | GT86 | 987.1 | S197 | W126 | EM1 | GVR4

Inb4 patrikman doesn't find this thread boring.
      Quote Originally Posted by RS-SIX View Post
      You guys are missing the point with manuals...not only does not one want to drive a manual, many active safety systems do not work with manual transmissions. Soon manual trans cars are going to be the most dangerous cars on the road. If they dont die a natural death, they will be outlawed.

My 06 had the least rattles of any car I've owned. Not sure if that was because of the suspension compliance or if the previous owner was OCD and tracked them down.
      Quote Originally Posted by RS-SIX View Post
      You guys are missing the point with manuals...not only does not one want to drive a manual, many active safety systems do not work with manual transmissions. Soon manual trans cars are going to be the most dangerous cars on the road. If they dont die a natural death, they will be outlawed.

Quote Originally Posted by tampaSi View Post
      Despite your lack of issues, I think I would still cruise a 2017 Civic over this.
      I am gonna let you finish but I wouldn't be surprised if I felt more at home though in a Mazda 3. From what I see here http://www.autotrader.com/car-review...-better-259541

I have the same problem with my SS. It hauls $ss, I can keep the rear end under control despite 415 HP, it doesn't feel nearly as big as it is (REALLY, Chevy??)... Something's badly wrong here, time to lemon law our cars. (and steal food from people who don't get the joke... [eats dieselraver's sandwich])
      Quote Originally Posted by Broduski View Post
      TCL would suggest a Bi-Turbo to a single mother of 4 just for sh*t's and giggles.
      Quote Originally Posted by smoothsix View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by HackAC View Post
      What would America be like today if everyone had to sit through a 2 hour TFL seminar?
      Lots of suicides

Quote Originally Posted by TJSwoboda View Post
      I have the same problem with my SS. It hauls $ss, I can keep the rear end under control despite 415 HP, it doesn't feel nearly as big as it is (REALLY, Chevy??)... Something's badly wrong here, time to lemon law our cars. (and steal food from people who don't get the joke... [eats dieselraver's sandwich])
      LOL, in all honesty if the 20 % off offer was on table 2 years ago I would be driving a SS. There is no replacement for displacement LS3 RWD.

Glad you're happy with it, taking a risk with a first-year turbo Subaru
      2016 Passion Red/Off-black S60 T5 R-Design
      2006 Ice White/Oak XC70
      1996 Polar White/Charcoal 854R

40 Year Old Madonna Fan patrikman's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by NoXenons View Post
      Inb4 patrikman doesn't find this thread boring.
      a) I like turtles
      b) ban hawc
      Quote Originally Posted by Code Red! View Post
      Why does a guy trying to shove a water bottle up his ass have anything to do with the Bay area and helping it sustain itsel.....wait nevermind.

Support Your Local Homebrewery

OP....

You have never seen the check engine light even come on for a couple of seconds for a bulb check when you turn the key to start it?

If not SOMETHING IS WRONG! Seriously.

Go drive one.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sonderwunsch View Post
      People have been complaining about modern BMWs lacking steering feel so they are adding torque steer.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernie McCracken View Post
      I don't trust the judgment of anyone who likes black wheels.
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      I find it ironic that long time Euro brand fans would assume long term reliability issues would destroy any love of a unique product.

I hibernate. Just like the Turtles! GoHomePossum's Avatar
      As long as they blur my plate on YouTube
      I now have an InstaGram: emmettlodge

As a diehard VW enthusiast now working at a Subaru dealership, I'm very torn between a new WRX as my next purchase, and my typical VW purchase. They're great damn cars, and I can't see the value to performance being beat.
      A mk7 PP costs more than a premium trim WRX.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyVR View Post
      As a diehard VW enthusiast now working at a Subaru dealership, I'm very torn between a new WRX as my next purchase, and my typical VW purchase. They're great damn cars, and I can't see the value to performance being beat.
      A mk7 PP costs more than a premium trim WRX.
      It would probably come down to a coin toss for me between them two. Few dealers in my area advertise the '17 GTI sport models for 23,500-25,000, that is a heck of a deal for that car. I actually like the GTI more than the Golf R and I think that overall it is one great enthusiast package that is hard to beat .

Quote Originally Posted by dieselraver View Post
      interesting read... would read again

in other news, i had my local diner make me a breakfast sandwich instead of a bagel for breakfast.
      she made it with whatever she felt like putting in it. she's basically the spanish mother in law i never had.

i enjoyed it

What's in it?

Brioche bun? Pork, egg and spinach?

Better take it to a dealer and see what's up. Just a 95-150 diagnostic fee. Better safe than sorry right.

Just be prepared for the worst to happen with that car.
      It's usually when nothing else is going on then WHAM. Blown engine.Smoking with oil leaking through every gasket possible.
      Kinda like an angry person. Super quiet then ends up killing everyone in their path.

OP - you didn't deserve two years of successful Subaru ownership.

Wow that really sucks OP my condolences. You're missing out on the true Subaru ownership experiences.
      Instagram: calederoo

#FREEPATRIKMAN

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast