Pulled the plug and signed up for a Moto course
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.

Pulled the plug and signed up for a Moto course

After about ...ummm close 8 years of pondering, I finally decided that it is time.
      Will be doing my 2 day course in May, which means that I need to start thinking about getting my first bike.

Have looked around and general consensus is go for something light, and I quite like the looks of MT-03. Several co-workers who started fairly recently suggest that I give that one a very good consideration too.

Wish me luck.
      🍵 🚴 🍲 💤
      "I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us are. Very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad."

Quote Originally Posted by J-Tim View Post
      Have looked around and general consensus is go for something light, and I quite like the looks of MT-03. Several co-workers who started fairly recently suggest that I give that one a very good consideration too.
      I'd give the MT-03 a solid: meh. Not that light and the engine is underwhelming, even for starter bike. 390 Duke is where it's at for light, cheerful fun. And cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by strapontin View Post
      I'd give the MT-03 a solid: meh. Not that light and the engine is underwhelming, even for starter bike.
      Hmmmm all of the reviews I've read so far suggest otherwise.
      🍵 🚴 🍲 💤
      "I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us are. Very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad."

Tim,

I am just happy to see you get on a bike!! If you were still here, I would happily teach you how to ride on one of my small bikes.

Keep the post updated. I'm watching.

Don't skimp on good gear- helmet, jacket, pants, boots, gloves, and all the padding you can get for them as well. You can easily drop $1,000 on clothing. You won't regret it is you crash..

Good luck- have fun.
      -Josh

1-12-5-8-3-10-6-7-2-11-4-9

Thanks Josh, looking forward to the 15th!

Been on a lookout for a cheap 250 or thereabouts bike ever since I started this thread and trying to get ideas.

Also, tried on some gear. So far, it seems that Arai for helmets and Dainese for jackets fit me better than other brands.
      🍵 🚴 🍲 💤

I currently wear Dainese for my pants, jacket, gloves. My wife has Dainese pants and boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      -Josh

1-12-5-8-3-10-6-7-2-11-4-9

Can't go wrong with Dianese and Arai. I wear dianese jacket, pants, and gloves with a shoei helmet. Soon my boots will be dianese as well!

welcome to the world of two wheels man!
      Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Dreadz View Post
      This place is going to hell on a Thule roof rack.

Getting my gear sorted.

Just bought QV-Pro helmet, Dainese jacket (off a mate) and Draggins jeans, so getting there.

Due to work commitments had to re-schedule my 2-day course for the 25th of May.
      🍵 🚴 🍲 💤