#calexit leader leaves CA to live in Russia... Wut? - Page 2
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
      Banned
      Quote Originally Posted by fixmy59bug View Post
      I am now in Nevada.

Yes, I used to live in Commiefornia. For the first 35 years of my life. Then I woke up and got the hell out of there never to return (as a resident). I hate, HATE crossing the state line, but I have family and friends out there who I visit.

Quote Originally Posted by jnm2.0t View Post
      Curly Bill has been used once already today in this thread. Party Foul.
      Last edited by NWarty; 04-18-2017 at 05:30 PM.

Banned
      Quote Originally Posted by NWarty View Post
      Curly Bill has been used once already today in this thread. Party Foul.
      Curly Bill is always welcomed when appropriate.

..Yes, I used to live in Commiefornia....
      Ok, at least you speak from experience.

..I am now in Nevada...
      Yikes.

Banned
      Quote Originally Posted by vwtool View Post
      Yikes.
      No kidding, of all the places to think is better. I mean you say Oregon or Washington State ok maybe you can make a case. But Nevada?

No kidding, of all the places to think is better. I mean you say Oregon or Washington State ok maybe you can make a case. But Nevada?
      FWIW, the #1 place CA residents move to is TX. AZ and NV are next, then the 2 PNW states and CO.

I am now in Nevada.

Yes, I used to live in Commiefornia. For the first 35 years of my life. Then I woke up and got the hell out of there never to return (as a resident). I hate, HATE crossing the state line, but I have family and friends out there who I visit.
      "Commiefornia". Be honest, how many guns do you own?

Quote Originally Posted by tbvvw View Post
      FWIW, the #1 place CA residents move to is TX. AZ and NV are next, then the 2 PNW states and CO.
      Nothing, that's what it's worth.
      Last edited by westsideseal; 04-18-2017 at 06:24 PM.

There are only two or 3 states that I would NOT consider better than Ca. Just curious, What in your opinion makes Nevada worse than (or equal to) California?

Quote Originally Posted by westsideseal View Post
      "Commiefornia". Be honest, how many guns do you own?
      Yes, That is a LARGE part of why I left.

I am a gun owner. How many... Well, that's a number that is kept between me and my safe. Like any responsible gun owner, I have any gun that is not currently being used (or carried) in my safe.

Is it holding One? Two? Fifty? Noone will ever know.

I believe in my right to protect myself, my family, my friends, and anyone who need my protection. I pray that I NEVER have to use it, but if the need ever arises I will NOT allow anyone to become a victim.

Of course, another LARGE part of why I left are all the corrupt political political offices starting at the very top.

Yes, That is a LARGE part of why I left.

I am a gun owner. How many... Well, that's a number that is kept between me and my safe. Like any responsible gun owner, I have any gun that is not currently being used (or carried) in my safe.

Is it holding One? Two? Fifty? Noone will ever know.

I believe in my right to protect myself, my family, my friends, and anyone who need my protection. I pray that I NEVER have to use it, but if the need ever arises I will NOT allow anyone to become a victim.
      Yea, that's what I figured. Commiefornia, People Republic of Kalifornia, etc. usually used by those who things gun rights are the primary measure of freedom. I hope you and the guns live happily ever after in Nevada.

I believe in my right to protect myself, my family, my friends, and anyone who need my protection.
      🍵 🚴 🍲 💤
      "I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us are. Very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad."

Yea, that's what I figured. Commiefornia, People Republic of Kalifornia, etc. usually used by those who things gun rights are the primary measure of freedom. I hope you and the guns live happily ever after in Nevada.
      Let me ask you a question then.

Do you believe the founding fathers were wrong and noone should be able to own firearms?

If so, How do you propose civilians be allowed to protect themselves? Or should we all be potential victims? Or do you HONESTLY think criminals et al would turn in all guns?

How do you feel about California becoming a sanctuary state to illegals?

Are you OK with illegals having drivers licenses?

How do you feel about Governor Brown BURNING through the transportation budget on his dream of a high speed rail, then asking the government for federal funding to fix the emergency state the roads are in?

What do you think of Governor Brown (figuratively) going to the brink of war with Trump saying "You're not OUR president", then doing a QUICK about face when he needed emergency funding to repair the damn that he let get to such a sad state?

Quote Originally Posted by J-Tim View Post
      <trenchcoat picture>
      I don't get it. Whats that?

Aloha Snackbar shooter in Fresno today...

Let me ask you a question then.

Do you believe the founding fathers were wrong and noone should be able to own firearms?

If so, How do you propose civilians be allowed to protect themselves? Or should we all be potential victims? Or do you HONESTLY think criminals et al would turn in all guns?

How do you feel about California becoming a sanctuary state to illegals?

Are you OK with illegals having drivers licenses?

How do you feel about Governor Brown BURNING through the transportation budget on his dream of a high speed rail, then asking the government for federal funding to fix the emergency state the roads are in?

What do you think of Governor Brown (figuratively) going to the brink of war with Trump saying "You're not OUR president", then doing a QUICK about face when he needed emergency funding to repair the damn that he let get to such a sad state?

Yes, them toddlers are dangerous creatures and you most definitely need more guns!
      🍵 🚴 🍲 💤
      "I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us are. Very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad."

I don't get it. Whats that?
      No, Tommy. There's a gun in your trousers. What's a gun doing in your trousers?
      🍵 🚴 🍲 💤

Because a CA on it's own is better than the US. While I very much wanted it to happen I never thought it would, not first try at least. So time for plan B, just do our own thing and see what guts the Fed's have to do about it.
      I have friends and family in California (that supported CalExit..) and have enjoyed visiting California several times.
      But the whole CalExit thing was just a group think mindgasm.
      Seriously.
      I realize those that supported now will say "But it was never supposed to happen. The whole point was to make people think!"
      Ok. We now think all the CalExit people were extremely naive and myopic (as silly as those that kept claiming President Obama didn't have a valid U.S. birth certificate.... like the current President. *sigh*).
      Job done.
      Last edited by BRealistic; 04-18-2017 at 07:26 PM.
      removed because realized just as annoying as the people that refuse to turn off their phone app's auto-spam with every post.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Tim View Post

Yes, them toddlers are dangerous creatures and you most definitely need more guns!
      But if you armed ALL the toddlers, the actual gun death rate would disappear!
      removed because realized just as annoying as the people that refuse to turn off their phone app's auto-spam with every post.

So instead of enforcing laws already on the books and applying stiffer penalites, you propose take them away.

And how well has that worked for drugs and DUI's?

And it has worked so well for the UK, right?

Allowing (law abiding) citizens to carry isnt as bad an issue as you may think

So instead of enforcing laws already on the books and applying stiffer penalites, you propose take them away.
      Me ? <looks around>

I am not proposing anything. If you want to continue getting shot by your fellow countrymen who haven't got a clue how to drive a car, let alone shoot a gun, you are more than welcome to continue doing so.
      🍵 🚴 🍲 💤

And how well has that worked for drugs and DUI's?
      You can look to Portugal for guidance for handling a health crisis like drug addiction instead of just putting drug addicts in jail.
      Unfortunately that doesn't feed our justice system economy.

Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      You can look to Portugal for guidance for handling a health crisis like drug addiction instead of just putting drug addicts in jail.
      Unfortunately that doesn't feed our justice system economy.
      Thats actually very interesting. I never heard Portugal decriminalized drugs. Is that ALL drugs?

It seems to have worked well for them.

Nothing, that's what it's worth.
      In actuality, for those that have done the moving (and will continue to do so in record amounts) - it means a LOT.
      And the 2 main reasons for all those folks leaving is RE/rent costs and taxes, FWIW.

Banned
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      I have friends and family in California (that supported CalExit..) and have enjoyed visiting California several times.
      But the whole CalExit thing was just a group think mindgasm.
      Seriously.
      I realize those that supported now will say "But it was never supposed to happen. The whole point was to make people think!"
      Ok. We now think all the CalExit people were extremely naive and myopic (as silly as those that kept claiming President Obama didn't have a valid U.S. birth certificate.... like the current President. *sigh*).
      Job done.
      No it was not a thought expirement it was just a first pass. Pot, gay marriage both failed at first vote let alone getting onto the ballot first pass

Banned
      Just curious, What in your opinion makes Nevada worse than (or equal to) California?
      Often it's easier to answer the opposite question as the initial questions answer is too expansive. So I'll say what makes NV better... You guys have the best beach in Tahoe. /list

No it was not a thought expirement it was just a first pass. Pot, gay marriage both failed at first vote let alone getting onto the ballot first pass
      I hate to be the one to break it to you- but states can't just secede from the USA.
      It doesn't matter what you vote in state.
      Remember the Civil War?

But whatever.
      CalExit propaganda/truthers have made you believe otherwise, so I am just wasting our time talking logic.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast