#calexit leader leaves CA to live in Russia... Wut? - Page 4
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by jnm2.0t View Post
      Mexico!
      I kinda figure we'd just give you back if anything... Zimmerman is a century late I guess.

Banned
      Quote Originally Posted by NoDubJustYet View Post
      I kinda figure we'd just give you back if anything... Zimmerman is a century late I guess.
      CA, WA, and OR is the ideal situation.

But for now we will just go push the agenda harder. Trump doesnt want sanctuary cities? Fine, we're a sanctuary state. Legal pot? Sure why not, send in your DEA agents to round people up, we won't use our resources to. Want to cut funding for 'out of control CA' so we act in accordance with your ideals? Pound sand, you can't.

Can you two like get a room and stuff ?
      🍵 🚴 🍲 💤
      "I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us are. Very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad."

Why Russia though? There are a lot other other countries out there with money to blow.

Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post

Either own that you think it is possible, or admit the entire thing was a waste of time and energy.
      You can't play both sides of the argument.
      His lack of continuity is what it looks like when someone isn't mature enough to admit that they were wrong.
      Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      We can not be trusted.

So the Russians hacked #calexit in addition to the election?
      In post soviet Russia, calexit leaves California.
      Unofficial Feelings Manager for OT. http://www.npboards.com/index.php

"I am JIMP."

Banned
      Quote Originally Posted by caliatenza View Post
      Why Russia though?
      Well because he is Russian

Oh hai, just checking. Ha, ha I see the bitterness of the devastating and historic Nov 2016 loss still lingers here .

Banned
      Quote Originally Posted by MonsterM View Post
      Oh hai, just checking. Ha, ha I see the bitterness of the devastating and historic Nov 2016 loss still lingers here .
      Sorry bub but it's not about Trump, would've voted for it under anyone. I'm sure some people are urged on by Trump just like Texas was for Obama, but it's not about the person in the White House.

However CA is very happy to push the issues that Trump is trying to undermine and move them further along, not back.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterM View Post
      I once thought we'd be passed the half-life on that. Seems we may not be. It may explain the continuing Baldwin/Trump impression; Baldwins is easily the worst, Atamanuik and Fallon being much better examples.

The residue of heat that showed during the Gorsuch hearings suggests that the wound is more like a bedsore with gangrene, and each new political showdown will bring the disbelief that HRC lost to the surface with a fresh vigor.

"I am JIMP."

Banned
      Quote Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post
      I once thought we'd be passed the half-life on that. Seems we may not be. It may explain the continuing Baldwin/Trump impression; Baldwins is easily the worst, Atamanuik and Fallon being much better examples.

The residue of heat that showed during the Gorsuch hearings suggests that the wound is more like a bedsore with gangrene, and each new political showdown will bring the disbelief that HRC lost to the surface with a fresh vigor.
      His early poll numbers indicate he's a special kind of terrible.
      Last edited by WhineMCABasket2.0t; 04-19-2017 at 09:55 AM.

His early poll numbers indicate he's a special kind of terrible.
      Point taken. If you consider polls the measure, he's roughly as popular as HRC.
      Last edited by zukiphile; 04-19-2017 at 10:28 AM.

"I am JIMP."

Banned
      Point taken. If you consider polls the measure, he's roughly as popular is HRC.
      we don't know how HRC would be polling as president. we do know how DT is polling and it's #sad #noenergy

Point taken. If you consider polls the measure, he's roughly as popular as HRC.
      Whatever bitterness that exists has very little to do with the fact that Hillary lost, and everything to do with who beat her and how terrible he's doing so far. Think of it this way, it's similar to how you felt about Obama, just Trump is doing it far more big league.

Quote Originally Posted by westsideseal View Post
      Whatever bitterness that exists has very little to do with the fact that Hillary lost, and everything to do with who beat her and how terrible he's doing so far.
      That isn't borne out by post election events. The hysteria began immediately after he was elected and months before he took office. Dems were discussing impeachment before he was sworn in. That can't have been related to how he was carrying out his duties. Instead, it appeared to arise from an unwillingness that HRC had simply lost a fair election. Very quickly the chorus began to repeat the line about russians "hacking the election", inviting a conclusion that the election tally was hacked, a proposition for which there has been no evidence.

Rather than rage at a poor performance, the anger seems to increase when he does very well. The reactions to Gorsuch from senate dems should have embarrassed them.

Think of it this way, it's similar to how you felt about Obama, just Trump is doing it far more big league.
      Except that it isn't. I didn't like BHO for the policies he liked. Do you know with real confidence which policies DJT really likes?

"I am JIMP."

Banned
      Whatever bitterness that exists has very little to do with the fact that Hillary lost, and everything to do with who beat her and how terrible he's doing so far. Think of it this way, it's similar to how you felt about Obama, just Trump is doing it far more big league.
      It's not a one side can back the president but the other can't. It's that DT is just turrible. Dems could get behind GWB and GOP behind BO in roughly equal amounts. Neither WJC nor GB were as popular but still in the 50s and roughly equal. As of now DT is staring at mid 40s.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/...s_approval.php

That isn't borne out by post election events. The hysteria began immediately after he was elected and months before he took office. Dems were discussing impeachment before he was sworn in. That can't have been related to how he was carrying out his duties. Instead, it appeared to arise from an unwillingness that HRC had simply lost a fair election. Very quickly the chorus began to repeat the line about russians "hacking the election", inviting a conclusion that the election tally was hacked, a proposition for which there has been no evidence.

Rather than rage at a poor performance, the anger seems to increase when he does very well. The reactions to Gorsuch from senate dems should have embarrassed them.
      Which has nothing to do with Hillary, and everything to do with Trump. Whether it was Hillary, O'Malley, Sanders, Biden, the reaction would be exactly the same because the person that did win is uniquely terrible.

Gorsuch is not an example of Trump doing "very well" unless you agree that Gorsuch is the best pick for the Supreme Court, which is largely a partisan argument. I agree that those on the right would see Gorsuch as an example of Trump doing something well. The bombings would be another example of that. Other than that, he hasn't done anything well. He's been a spectacular failure thus far.

Do you know with real confidence which policies DJT really likes?
      That's a major part of the problem. The man himself doesn't even know what policies he likes.

Besides, this little exchange demonstrates that your dislike of Obama isn't strictly policy-based:

Quote Originally Posted by vwtool View Post
      Last edited by westsideseal; 04-19-2017 at 10:58 AM.

Well because he is Russian
      I mean in general though. Why would Trump go to Russia for money and to get their help in getting elected? I mean, he could have asked numerous other countries for money or help?

Quote Originally Posted by caliatenza View Post
      I mean in general though. Why would Trump go to Russia for money and to get their help in getting elected? I mean, he could have asked numerous other countries for money or help?
      He may not have a choice.... as his past business track record has turned off western investors.
      "Sometimes, I have a sudden urge to fart on this chair."

I'm not making up anything...
      Yes you did. This:

Quote Originally Posted by NDJY
      Do calexiters really think they can just vote to leave the Union and that's that?
      Since no one here is saying that, your "outrage" over the comment seems to be the very point of your having contrived it.

Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      ...admit the entire thing was a waste of time and energy...
      For the record, I don't think secession is possible directly, and I question whether it's a good idea. Having said that, you're missing the big picture. California is already moving away from the federal government in many ways. It's not something that "might" happen in the future. It's happening now. Sure, it's small, and there's a chance that these changes might be reversed at some point. But the political will is there, and it's being acted on in cases where California political culture is directly at odds with the Trump administration.

For the record, I don't think secession is possible directly, and I question whether it's a good idea. Having said that, you're missing the big picture. California is already moving away from the federal government in many ways. It's not something that "might" happen in the future. It's happening now. Sure, it's small, and there's a chance that these changes might be reversed at some point. But the political will is there, and it's being acted on in cases where California political culture is directly at odds with the Trump administration.
      What does that have to do with the time and energy spent on secession? You have this habit of saying "well, yeah, secession is stupid but California is politically different than the rest of the U.S.". I don't get the argument. If you spent the time and energy on secession and not political differentiation than the time and energy was still wasted.

Stop making excuses for Mr. Tumnus over there. The idea is ridiculously immature and he deserves to be ridiculed.
      We can not be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Time for a GTI View Post
      What does that have to do with the time and energy spent on secession? You have this habit of saying "well, yeah, secession is stupid but California is politically different than the rest of the U.S.". I don't get the argument. If you spent the time and energy on secession and not political differentiation than the time and energy was still wasted.

Stop making excuses for Mr. Tumnus over there. The idea is ridiculously immature and he deserves to be ridiculed.
      I understand that you don't get the argument, but I think maybe you're being too literal minded about it. Just because it can't immediately or directly succeed doesn't necessarily mean it's a waste of time. I haven't met anyone who is so naive to think that California can simply vote its way out of the union, but I have met several people who are asking themselves what we get out of being linked to a country that so evidently doesn't share our values. Even if all the initiative does is get people thinking, it's still accomplished something. And, as we've seen in the news, California is already not cooperating with the Feds on many law-enforcement issues, and that conflict isn't going away.

So no, there probably won't be some grand, dramatic exit, but it is possible that death by a thousand cuts could effect an incremental distancing that achieves nearly the same result.
      Last edited by vwtool; 04-19-2017 at 02:45 PM.

I haven't met anyone who is so naive to think that California can simply vote its way out of the union
      Well I haven't "met" him either but I think it's safe to assume he exists and isn't a figment of our imagination.

achieves nearly the same result.
      No. Come on now.

There is a wide chasm between secession and being "that state" that doesn't play nice with the fed.
      We can not be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Time for a GTI View Post
      ...No. Come on now....
      Remember when everyone was saying that about Trump? Strange times...

..."that state" that doesn't play nice with the fed.
      You're trivializing this. The CA state legislature is moving to make the entire state a "sanctuary city" already. They are simply not going to comply with Trump's executive order.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast