Former NE Patriots Aaron Hernandez cheats the justice system, checks out early
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Former NE Patriots Aaron Hernandez cheats the justice system, checks out early

Last edited by patrikman; 04-19-2017 at 08:25 AM.
      Quote Originally Posted by Elbows View Post
      Igor Natan Segala...that beautiful bastard. I made out with him one time behind a Red Lobster in Mookala, Wisconsin - on a bet. Little did he know that the simple kiss and $7.48 would lead to life-changing consequences. That was before the war, before this all happened. (stares out over the nuclear wasteland)
      Support Your Local Homebrewery

As least he died doing something he loved.

But why wait to be acquitted on the drive by?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      wow. that was good. i loled. i'm going to hell.
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio!
      They make my ass look pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbows View Post
      Igor Natan Segala...that beautiful bastard. I made out with him one time behind a Red Lobster in Mookala, Wisconsin - on a bet. Little did he know that the simple kiss and $7.48 would lead to life-changing consequences. That was before the war, before this all happened. (stares out over the nuclear wasteland)
      Support Your Local Homebrewery

On 98.5(local sports radio) this morning they played a quote from his lawyer basically saying that Hernandez didn't have any money left for the legal fight. It just seems really weird to me, why burn so much money fighting the double murder charge if you planned to off yourself?

Maybe protecting his family from lawsuits from the victims families?
      -Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post
      wow. that was good. i loled. i'm going to hell.
      I can't take credit, I read it in the comment sections of an article. Too good not to share, though.

Quote Originally Posted by 20thAna3282 View Post
      On 98.5(local sports radio) this morning they played a quote from his lawyer basically saying that Hernandez didn't have any money left for the legal fight. It just seems really weird to me, why burn so much money fighting the double murder charge if you planned to off yourself?

I think you're contributing a higher level of sophistication to this gentleman than reality would suggest.
      We can not be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Time for a GTI View Post
      I think you're contributing a higher level of sophistication to this gentleman than reality would suggest.
      Truph.

I figure it was coming down from a "hell yeah I beat that double murder rap!" high to a "oh yeah in here with no chance of parole for that other murder rap" low.

The lawyer has been quoted the other day saying there were enough irregularities in the initial trial that he could get him off. But the lawyer ate through the last of his cash defending him on this second set of charges so no money to pay for a re-trial. It takes OJ money to get away with murder. Aaron Hernandez didn't have OJ money. He was facing the rest of his life behind bars.

Personally, I'm just glad that this particular circus is finally over. I'm sure it won't be long before the next thug-athlete story makes the front pages.

Aaaaaaaand guilty. NEXT!
      Graphic & Web Design, Photography, Branding, Typography - www.darkenergydesign.net

Just spit coffee all over myself. God damn

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
      The lawyer has been quoted the other day saying there were enough irregularities in the initial trial that he could get him off. But the lawyer ate through the last of his cash defending him on this second set of charges so no money to pay for a re-trial. It takes OJ money to get away with murder. Aaron Hernandez didn't have OJ money. He was facing the rest of his life behind bars.

Personally, I'm just glad that this particular circus is finally over. I'm sure it won't be long before the next thug-athlete story makes the front pages.
      He really should have held his wad until later in his career as an ex-player and sometimes terrible actor to commit murder and blow thru his hard earned wealth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post
      He really should have held his wad until later in his career as an ex-player and sometimes terrible actor to commit murder and blow thru his hard earned wealth.
      The superstar in rent-a-car. MNF color commentator. Cameos in The Towering Inferno and bad Leslie Nielsen movies. A career squandered.

Flawless.
      Quote Originally Posted by 20aeman View Post
      No, the real enthusiast vehicle would be the RX8. It combines V12 Lamborghini gas mileage with Hyundai Genesis 4cyl. performance.

It's going around. The Burlington Mall shooter was found dead in his cell, too. Hanged himself. And now A-Her. Jared better watch out.

Professional Thread Derailer | I have mixed drinks about feelings | I said 'good day'!
      Default post options: So, it has come to this. | If you think so. | Not that there's anything wrong with that. | That's what she said. | WTF.
      //// @mbull //// instagram ////

I can't take credit, I read it in the comment sections of an article. Too good not to share, though.
      One I've seen.

"Patriots Injury Report: Aaron Hernandez, Questionable: Neck"
      -Matt

ha ha!
      Something about a fresh start: I have mine everyday.

You win.

Read this SI article this morning. Excellent read

https://www.si.com/longform/2016/aar...-dj-hernandez/
      Goodbye Heimlich May 1st, 1999 - May 24th, 2016. 1999.5 MkIV Jetta 2.0
      My Vintage Tamiya Showroom
      Quote Originally Posted by HotCarlWeathers View Post
      Also, I will **** up a g** damn dollar.fifty hot dog or three. Praise tubesteak jesus.

Patriots press release through the law firm that handled Deflategate:

Bedsheet attacks and kills Aaron Hernandez.

One I've seen.

"Patriots Injury Report: Aaron Hernandez, Questionable: Neck"
      I saw the same type of thing that said "Out indefinitely".

I think he was a bad man but more of an idiot.

"Hernandez took the Ossoff loss worse than Alyssa Milano."

"Say what you want about Aaron Hernandez, but he killed Aaron Hernandez"
      Quote Originally Posted by Kevin D. Williamson
      I'm part of a political tendency that would be perfectly happy to see gay couples using assault rifles to defend their marijuana farms from the tax man, but when The Nation comes here next month, I'm the fascist.

West Coast, not that west coast. Bay area, not that bay area.
      In death, Hernandez's murder conviction likely to be tossed

BOSTON (AP) -- In death, Aaron Hernandez may not be a guilty man in the eyes of the law.

Under a long-standing Massachusetts legal principle, courts customarily vacate the convictions of defendants who die before their appeals are heard.

Hernandez, a former NFL star, was convicted and sentenced to life in prison for the 2013 murder of Odin Lloyd, a semi-professional football player who was dating the sister of Hernandez's finance.

Massachusetts prison officials said Hernandez was found hanging in his prison cell early Wednesday. His death came less than a week after his acquittal on murder charges in the shooting deaths of two men in Boston in 2012.

Hernandez's attorneys can move to have the conviction in the Lloyd case erased, said Martin Healy, chief legal counsel for the Massachusetts Bar Association.

"For all intent and practical purposes, Aaron Hernandez will die an innocent man, but the court of public opinion may think differently," said Healy.

The legal principle is called "abatement ab initio," or "from the beginning." It holds that is unfair to the defendant or to his or her survivors if a conviction is allowed to stand before they had a chance to clear their names on appeal, in case some kind or error or other injustice was determined to have occurred at trial, Healy said.

"It's a surprising result for the public to understand," he added.

All first-degree murder convictions in Massachusetts trigger an automatic appeal. Hernandez's appeal had not yet been heard by the state's high court.

Gregg Miliote, a spokesman for the district attorney's office which prosecuted the Lloyd case, would not comment on the possibility of the conviction being vacated.

Removing a conviction after the death of a high-profile defendant is not without precedent in recent state history.

The child molestation conviction of former Roman Catholic priest John Geoghan, a key figure in the clergy sex abuse scandal that rocked the Boston archdiocese, was vacated after he was beaten to death in 2003 in his cell at the same Massachusetts maximum-security prison.

John Salvi, who was convicted of killing two abortion clinic workers and wounding five other people during a shooting rampage in Brookline in 1994, also had his convictions tossed after he killed himself in prison.
      Touareg Audio Accessories - Keyless Start - Paddle Shift

If you use Tapatalk, you aren't seeing the whole message. Tapatalk shortens GIFs, cuts URLs and deletes signatures.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast