VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

File this under "When BMW Made the Best Sedans" -- All Original E34 M5

10K views 66 replies 38 participants last post by  MAGICGTI 
#1 ·
My friend is selling his E34 M5, so he got it detailed and we took it out for a set of photos. Here are the interesting ones, enjoy :beer:

Thanks for looking :wave:

See less See more
#20 ·

Well, when and where can we find it for sale? :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Going up on BaT in the next couple of days.

Gotta agree with Ross - unless he *needs* to free up the garage space, he may want to hold on to it a little longer.

But goddamn. I don't like the color combo and it's still freakin gorgeous. Love the pre-refresh, without the silly egg mirrors and the narrow kidneys.
Well, garage space definitely needs to be free'd up, but it's more complicated than that. These cars are not on a crazy steep appreciation curve like the first gens or E30 M3's. And when it comes to values, it's all about low mileage with these cars. The more I drive it, the more it depreciates. Once these are close to 200k miles, you'd be hard pressed to get more than $10k.

Where are the turbine on the wheels? "All original" means all original...
WTF Matt, the man is right! What's with the ZHP shift knob, Koni Yellow front shocks, Michelin Pilot Super Sport BS!? And an aftermarket amp and CD changer in the trunk!!??

Truth is, I really don't like the turbofans. The throwing stars suit the E34's shape way better IMO. It's "what's inside" that really counts here, behind those throwing star centers are real forged M System wheels :).

#16 ·
While the E34 M5 is my favorite M5, the E28 is more fun to drive, and the E39 is a better car. Goldilocks would call the E34 just right, but if you like German sedans, there's a reason to own all three.

#31 ·
I've never driven the M5, but I have driven 2 different manual 540's and they were pretty impressive...they were both green with tan also.

#35 ·
If I had the disposable income right now and no fear of the old lady kicking me out for buying one... I would be all over this.

I miss my E34 525. Goddamn, do I miss that car. So many great memories, occasionally interrupted by the thought of the money spent to keep it on the road.

The E39 may have been the epitome of the Ultimate Driving Machine but the E34 was just so choice. I really think it is a timeless design.

#38 ·
Glad to hear it's going on BaT. Smart man. You must have seen how much that ****ing wagon went for 2 weeks ago..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.