VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

09G Remanufactured Valve Body Question

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  rcprato 
#1 ·
Hello all,

Recently picked up a 2006 Passat 2.0l turbo for a friend who got t-boned from a red light runner. The car is overall in good shape, but has slight issue with the 1-2 gear transition. Sometimes the TCM also see a code by placing the PRNDS lights all on and locking the transmission into 3rd. After reading through the forums, and past experience with a 2001 1.8t with the 09A transmission, I think the vehicle needs a new valve body assembly in the transmission. However, I can't' find anyone that rebuilds the unit or sells remanufactured units, other than one or two. Is there any preference over another? Obviously budget orientated is ideal, but I do understand you get what you pay for.

Prior to changing the valve body, would it even be worth changing the fluid and filter to see if that "cures" the issue. Or is that just a [potential] temporary solution and putting the failure off for longer?

Thanks for the read!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.