Someone got a little crazy with the BMW options - Page 2
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to VWvortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website.
    You're currently browsing VWvortex site as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation. VWvortex has over 750,000+ registered users discussing a wide variety of Volkswagen related topics. Take a minute to sign up to enjoy all the features of VWvortex.
    The Car Lounge
    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      So you can order custom color 3 series?
      Impressive.
      But considering the "Estoril Blue Metallic" adds $3100, I can't even imagine what a purely customer color costs.
      Here's some details:

http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/conte...bmwindividual/

http://www.bmw.com/en/topics/fascina...ollection.html
      =

That wheel is ridiculously stupid IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      So you can order custom color 3 series?
      Impressive.
      But considering the "Estoril Blue Metallic" adds $3100, I can't even imagine what a purely customer color costs.
      Estoril Blue doesn't add $3,100 -- it requires the M Sport package, which is what adds that level of cost.

Back when I custom-ordered my 135i in 2010, it was $5,000+ for an individual or custom color. BMW still offers pretty much all prior colors that it has ever offered, you just need to go through the individual program (which, as stated, starts at $5,000). That's how they got the Dakar yellow 7-Series posted above, etc.

You can custom order any car in BMW's lineup. And they will have it to you (unless you want something really wild and custom) within 8 weeks of order.

I have said it many times: BMWs production and distribution channel is amazing.

$86k 3-series are everything thats wrong with bmw today, individual program or not. these arent even m cars ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by GoHomePossum View Post
      Don't mate with me, mister.
      Don't mister me, son.
      🍵 🚴 🍲 💤
      "I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us are. Very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad."

Quote Originally Posted by SchnellFowVay View Post

Yup. It's the same deal with Mercedes Benz, Audi and Porsche.
      🍵 🚴 🍲 💤
      "I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us are. Very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad."

Quote Originally Posted by J-Tim View Post
      Yup. It's the same deal with Mercedes Benz, Audi and Porsche.
      Actually it sounds like Porsche's paint-to-sample program is a bit of a cluster****. Seems completely arbitrary so the customer doesn't know if their colour will even be approved or when it will be manufactured.

I saw these wagons somewhere a while back. Pretty cool actually. Here in Canada BMW has offered several M Performance Edition 335i sedans since 2014. Basically a loaded 335i with those same wheels the wagons have, M power kit and exhaust, and some other M parts. They've also offered them in cool colours like laguna seca blue, valencia orange, grey-black, pure blue, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GoHomePossum View Post
      Don't mate with me, mister.
      I'm not your mister, friend.
      removed because realized just as annoying as the people that refuse to turn off their phone app's auto-spam with every post.

Not everyone drives in gangsta style. You're in a minority here, mate.
      Odd. But then I guess less and less people drive cars equipped with manual transmissions.

It's so nice to see cars in actual colors.
      Lots of VW stuff|Rare Scirocco parts!
      The family: '55 Ford 351C, '70 TR6 262Olds, '80 Rabbit AAZ, '84 C30 350, '88 Scirocco 9A, '97 Hardbody KA24E, '01 TJ 150AMC.
      Quote Originally Posted by Crimping Is Easy View Post
      You're always better off with a Citroën.™

M3 price for a regular 3 series wagon...
      “I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack

Estoril Blue doesn't add $3,100 -- it requires the M Sport package, which is what adds that level of cost.

Back when I custom-ordered my 135i in 2010, it was $5,000+ for an individual or custom color. BMW still offers pretty much all prior colors that it has ever offered, you just need to go through the individual program (which, as stated, starts at $5,000). That's how they got the Dakar yellow 7-Series posted above, etc.

You can custom order any car in BMW's lineup. And they will have it to you (unless you want something really wild and custom) within 8 weeks of order.

that's how you do colors and options. If I could have gotten Lago Blue on my Mk7 I would have ante'd up the 5k, hell I would have stepped up to a GTI or R if that allowed Lago Blue.

Audi does the same thing with "Audi Individual"

I actually really like that lavender/pink one for some reason. Maybe cause it's different. I also love the yellow and gray.

As cool as they are, I would never order cars like that... We have had a couple Audi Exclusive cars sit around for ever. Not that it was an exclusive car, but we had a B7 S4 in Imola Yellow sit around or nearly two years.
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Asking OT for relationship advice makes about as much sense as asking TCL what car to buy.

40 Year Old Madonna Fan patrikman's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by adrew View Post
      That's got to be close to the most expensive four-cylinder you can get.
      Some of the T8 Volvos are that much.
      Quote Originally Posted by Code Red! View Post
      Why does a guy trying to shove a water bottle up his ass have anything to do with the Bay area and helping it sustain itsel.....wait nevermind.

Support Your Local Homebrewery

First of all, who the f thought those exterior picture angles were okay?

Second, this colour is so beautiful...
      Quote Originally Posted by Sonderwunsch View Post
      $82272
      Formally Known As | DTMTrini
      I once pulled an 180 down a rainy street. I turned around and saw...a pebble. It all happened in slow motion, but...I knew it was too late.
      One day, I will rise. RIP 02:13 PM EST 6/7/17

So damn dumb. I lol-ed extra hard at the diesels with the OTT rev-indicator steering wheels to go along with their automatic transmissions.

If BMW would sell a wagon with a naturally aspirated six (or hell, even whatever the turbo six is these days), I'd gladly pay a lot for it. Not $80k a lot, but more than I'd normally spend on a car. Then again, I think I'd rather have my grandfather's E90 328i sedan than any of the new ones.

It's so sad how badly they've lost their way. My mom has an older X3, and sadly I enjoy driving it more than most of the current offerings from them. That old 'feel' is just completely gone. And I've never even owned a BMW myself.

At $85k my 3 series wagon better have a 335i (err 340i) mill with a DCT, at the very least!

Quote Originally Posted by CostcoPizza View Post
      At $85k my 3 series wagon better have a 335i (err 340i) mill with a DCT, at the very least!
      Don't option one to its teeth then.
      🍵 🚴 🍲 💤

Don't option one to its teeth then.
      Hey man, its just a remark... on the car we're discussing... which happens to be optioned to $85k

Reminds me of Abu Dhabi Motors. It seems like >50% of cars there have Individual options
      Instagram: calederoo

#FREEPATRIKMAN

Quote Originally Posted by johntesi View Post
      So damn dumb. I lol-ed extra hard at the diesels with the OTT rev-indicator steering wheels to go along with their automatic transmissions.

If BMW would sell a wagon with a naturally aspirated six (or hell, even whatever the turbo six is these days), I'd gladly pay a lot for it. Not $80k a lot, but more than I'd normally spend on a car. Then again, I think I'd rather have my grandfather's E90 328i sedan than any of the new ones.

It's so sad how badly they've lost their way. My mom has an older X3, and sadly I enjoy driving it more than most of the current offerings from them. That old 'feel' is just completely gone. And I've never even owned a BMW myself.
      I totally agree I wouldn't even be mad if these were 340i spec. No idea why BMW, and Audi refuse to sell wagons with the hot engine.

I see a inordinate amount of V8 mecedes e wagons rolling around out here. It is the last wagon you can still get in the USA with a BAMF enging.

It's LA. Why is this a surprise?

Estoril Blue doesn't add $3,100 -- it requires the M Sport package, which is what adds that level of cost
      Ok, that makes more sense..

That is amazing.
      But it still seems weird to pay 6k for special paint when that's all the car will be worth in 15 years even with the special paint.
      removed because realized just as annoying as the people that refuse to turn off their phone app's auto-spam with every post.

Ugh hnnng I want all of them, I don't even care
      Audi TT FAQ --- Maintenance, Misfires, and a XT Spec-B swap --- Great Lakes TCL Registry

Quote Originally Posted by LG6R View Post
      The Lincoln was like floating down a river made of flowing chocolate; the Buick was like riding a drunk horse up a cobblestone hill.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast