Came across this..
Afraid to change it. Old saying 'if it ain't broke don't fix'

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
Same here.
I'm afraid to try

Anyone here willing to give it a shot? If it does do something, surely it must be better...

#10 ·
Thanks Goran! Much appreciated.

Yes, that is strange that it's coded as an Audi. Hmm.
Thank you for sharing!!

In regards to the link that Eric shared, apparently one person did change the coding and it made the speedometer read more accurately. I'm just not Grave enough to tinker with it.

Any volunteers?

#11 ·
I could try. But do you think the coding in this case is for anything else than km/h vs. mph and possibly leagal rules?

Mine is a little strange at 40 km/h or 25 mph it will not shift to 4, and it goes on quite high rpm. If I shift manually, it run fine on 4. It shifts around 27 to 4:th gear.
Have you seen this on yours?
Wiken 😊

Skickat från min D6603 via Tapatalk

#14 ·
Thanks Eric for that info... interesting that it causes a CEL.
No check engine light here, yet!! :) lol

Goran, as the saying goes, "If it isn't broke, don't fix it" and my transmission isn't broke!
I think I speak for many forum members here that I have caused myself more headaches by tinkering around when it was working fine before.

-John

#15 ·
You're welcome John.

I am pretty sure it just throws a fault if you code it for paddles without putting in paddles. My CEL might have been special or it might be specific to W12 controllers. I am not going to touch the transmission coding unless I am adding paddles. I may skip recoding even with paddles if I ever think I might remove them.

-Eric

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.