VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

2013 VW CC Weird Noise

4K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  snobrdrdan 
#1 ·
About 2 weeks ago, my VW tech did a carbon clean on my CC's intake manifold (only 44k miles). Since then, I've been hearing this loud whistle\chirping noise whenever I accelerate the car. It only happens during acceleration. I tried replicating the problem when the car is parked but I don't hear that weird noise at all. I notified the tech and he said it could be a bad diverter valve. He replaced that today and still the noise is there when I accelerate. I know the mechanic removed the air box and air intake when he did the carbon clean. I've checked all the hoses and clamps and they look to be in place correctly. The VW tech said it's a possible turbo issue but he's not sure. The engine runs smooth, no loss of power, no engine light. Only that weird noise.

Has anyone experienced this problem before?

#9 · (Edited)
Update. The mechanic said he already replaced the PCV unit. So far, he's replaced the diverter valve and PCV but the noise is still there. I'm starting to think it could be the high pressure fuel pump because the noise sounds a lot closer on my side than the passenger. I managed to record a short video of the sound while driving. If you listen carefully, you'll hear a whistle\chirping noise when I accelerate. The mic on my phone is sensitive and it picked up a lot of road noise as well. Sorry folks.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Agf4Mo5YS1exjjkbDJhK9_n1945s

#11 ·
Just got the car back from the dealer today. The waste gate was malfunctioning. They replaced the turbo. Car is running fine now. Didn't cost me anything. It was part of the emission (pzev) warranty.

FYI. Turbo diverter valve and PCV are also part of VW's pzev warranty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.