VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Our new XC70 T6

3K views 32 replies 20 participants last post by  Fettes Brot 
#1 ·

Full Album here - http://imgur.com/a/2xRrG

So, recently my wife has had some health issues that have made driving stick difficult and on some days impossible. Her doctor this week recommended that she get rid of her beloved Mazda 5 Sport and get something with an automatic.
Her dream car has always been a Red (Passion Red only) Volvo wagon. Unfortunately I couldn't find one new enough and after driving the XC60, XC90 and XC70, she decided that she preferred how the XC70 drove and looked and the 3rd gen XC70 was never offered in Passion Red
After an extensive research for the right one, we started driving all over the north of Boston. We drove a bunch and eventually I got a call from this dealer who wanted to do a KBB Cash Offer on my Mazda 5, so we went that way with no notice to look at it.

It was REALLY clean and drove great. 2012, T6, fairly loaded and had 120k miles on it.

After speaking with them we were allowed to take it home from Salem NH to Salem MA for a PDI on a dealer plate. PDI checked out great. The shop said it was due for belts and pulleys, but noted that the belts were new but the pulleys weren't (Is this a part of the maintenance? I could only find information on doing the belt at 120k) and the vacuum pump needs a rebuild. Total cost to repair that is like $700. I was able to get the cost of the car down a bit, get a good rate and walked out as the proud owners of a new XC70 T6. My wife loves it and that's all that matters.

Next steps: we want to get a cargo liner for the rear and the steel cargo barrier to keep my crazy dog secure in the back and the hair at bay.

See less See more
#3 ·
Haven't you been considering this purchase, at least subconsciously, for years? :p

#7 ·
I posted in your other thread but that car is so much better than the others you were looking at. :beer: Freakin' awesome car, so jealous.

No idea on the tensioners but vacuum pump is common on the 3.2, didn't realize the 3.0T had the same issue. No idea on reasonable price to fix but it's easily accessible.

#20 ·
I clicked on your picture link. Then proceeded to click next post, thinking it was your next picture. I got confused with all these random pictures. Oh, I'm supposed to scroll down[emoji23]

Congrats[emoji481]
The imgur link?
Yeah I just down loaded all the dealer photos for posterity

Nice! IMO these carry the torch for what Volvo did best in the 80s and 90s with the 245, 745, 855, and 945 turbos—building practical, conservatively styled wagons that also hauled serious ass.

edit: So when do you get the Polestar flash? :p
Not really in the cards. It's quick enough now. Hate to get problems at this mileage right now. Maybe later when it's paid off.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

#18 · (Edited)
Nice! IMO these carry the torch for what Volvo did best in the 80s and 90s with the 245, 745, 855, and 945 turbos—building practical, conservatively styled wagons that also hauled serious ass.

edit: So when do you get the Polestar flash? :p

#33 ·
Aux belt & pulleys should be done together. Doing just the belt is a cheap out. ALSO, make sure the lower drive pulley can rotate one direction & not the other. If it can't move at all, the one-way clutch is seized & the pulley should be replaced. I don't know of any real harm that can be done if it isn't - it's probably a fuel economy/less drag type issue. ALSO, make sure the water pump isn't starting to leak. It's all in the same area.

The vac pump is an easy DIY with the rebuild kit available from Volvo. The case seal leaks oil and makes a mess all over the transmission.

I think there's a promotion on Polestar tunes right now. They're on sale & have a 30 day money back as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.