VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

2007 VW Passat 3.6 FWD Wagon w/ Sport pkg. and Navigation

3K views 10 replies 2 participants last post by  dmorrison15 
#1 ·
Hello VWVORTEX,

Up for sale is my rare United Gray on Classic Grey Leather 2007 Passat Wagon FWD 3.6L w/Sport Package, Navigation, and Adaptive Xenon Headlights with 144300 well cared for miles. These cars are hard to find with the 3.6L VR6 and even more uncommon being a wagon. There are plenty of 4Motion Passat's however those cars can suffer from higher maintenance costs and worse gas mileage (I have been able to get 32mpg with this car on a longer drive). I am only selling this due to the expensive repairs that it has inflicted upon my wallet and the fact that it is much too nice to be subjected to my university's infamous parking lots and thus it lives at home and does not get driven nearly enough. I will try and go over everything about the car below in great detail as I know when I'm looking at cars, the more transparency the better:

The Good:
• The car has the full sport package which included sport seats (front and rear), sport suspension, 18" wheels, thicker anti-roll bars, and a lowered ride height. The ride is firm on New England roads but not at all punishing.
• The interior is as close to perfect as you will see in this generation of Passat's, the rear seats appear to never have been used and the front sport seats, save for some minor bolster wear on the driver's seat and a small mark on the passenger seat bottom, are in great shape. The interior overall is a 9/10.
• The upper dash trim has been carefully swapped from the sport package's brushed aluminum to OEM wood trim out of a LUX pack car (I have the stock trim bubble-wrapped and will be included with sale). This is the only mod done to the car.
• Factory navigation head unit is in great shape and even though the navigation DVD is from 2009, it still gets the job done. Factory speakers sound nice for a stock system as well with Factory AUX port in glove box.
• The body overall is in excellent condition with a few imperfections. There are some faint scratches that could easily be buffed out around the car but cannot really be seen unless you are looking for them. The rear bumper has some minor scuff marks near the rear valance on the driver's side and on the horizontal surface probably from the previous owner loading stuff in and out of the car. Exterior overall is a 8.5-9/10
• Drives nice and tight, no weird squeaks, clunks, or bangs.
• The glorious VR6 produces 280hp and 265tq which is enough to get you in trouble quick, you don't really need any more power than that in a front drive car :). The stock exhaust sounds surprisingly nice too.
• Adaptive headlights function wonderfully with no broken adjusters or blown bulbs.
• All records from my ownership are included with sale and the car retains its full owner's manual and even the original window sticker (I do not have any records from the previous owners but I do know that the car was serviced at Tulley VW in Manchester, NH every 5k up to 100k).
Dreaded oil pump bolt has been done along with timing chain and guides!!
• Almost $5000 worth of work and service performed in the last 6k miles to get the car running and driving right.

The Not So Good:
• The center display in the instrument cluster works when it feels like it, seems to be more temperamental in colder weather. Should be fixed at some point but is working currently.
• Occasionally has the common "Steering Column Lock Failure" message. VW dealer said it would be between $200-$300 to fix. Not a big deal as it is very infrequent (1-2 times per month) and can be dealt with simply by removing the key and waiting a few seconds before putting it back in. I have just left it because it really is not a problem until it becomes more frequent.
• Right rear quarter panel had minor rust which was supposedly repaired by Quirk VW in Manchester, NH about 3 months ago however rust is starting again in the same places. They also did not get the paint match exactly and thus there is a bit of a different tint of grey on that panel. The taillight housing also now does not sit flush with the body. I will help the buyer resolve this if I do not take care of it myself as their repair apparently was done with quite poor standards and care which is not at all right.
• The car occasionally has intermittent misfires. When this happens the CEL will come on and idle a bit rough until it starts to warm up and then runs effectively normal. I have invested a significant amount of time and money into trying to diagnose exactly what the problem is and have had several different mechanics give their opinions. What the general consensus has come to is that like all VW/Audi direct injected motors, there is a carbon buildup and it apparently has not been cleaned in some time. Chemical solutions like Seafoam and BG treatments did help some but what the car really needs is a walnut blasting. I was quoted $875 from a local indie shop to have this done properly. I simply do not have the money to pay for this as a poor college student even though I would love to keep the car and I really am sad to see it go, there is nothing else quite like it on the roads around me and it gets alot of looks from the VW guys in the area.
• Lastly, the wheels have some flaking paint around the lug nuts and could do with a refinishing at some point in the future.

Major Work Performed:
• @139k / When purchased: All new tires. $350
• @141k: Oil pump bolt + oil pump, timing chain and guides, intake gaskets and injector seals. $2400
• @141.5k: EVAP canister filter replaced due to failure. $750
• @142k: New OEM coil packs and NKG Iridium spark plugs. $250
• @142.5k: Diagnosis of misfires and chemical cleanings performed. Multiple tests performed and oil change. $455
• @143K: Fuel Pump Control Module replaced due to no-start issue. $450
Serious inquiries only please, no tire kickers. I am asking $8700 or your best reasonable offer (I have more than that into it). It really does look fantastic and the right person could fix the issues themselves and have a fantastic car fairly easily, my loss is your gain. I can send more pictures or can take specific ones if there are any requests. Please email me at my personal email (dctmorrison@gmail.com), this will garner the quickest response and include "2007 VW Passat" in the subject line. You can also PM me but I am new to these forums so please bare with me. Thank You!
-David

See less See more
#10 · (Edited)
Open to any reasonable offers, cannot have 2 cars during the winter in my driveway as they become a real pain to move when the snow falls. I have driven the car about 1700 miles since this was originally posted with no CEL's or real misfires and is running fantastic in the cold New England weather that has begun to set in. Again, open to any reasonable offers and if you are relatively local, I can try to meet partway if needed so you can check it out or if you are not, please let me know if there is any more pics/info you may want.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.